It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek to Return!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   

For all the Trekkies out there, there's good news. Star Trek is all set to return. Abrams the director of MI-III has committed to produce the 11th “Star Trek'' feature film and there are plans for him to direct it as well.

The studio is hoping to release the film in 2008.

No plot for the movie has been nailed down and no one has been cast for the film.

The Star Trek franchise covers several centuries of a future in which humans make their way in a universe populated by a bewildering variety of aliens, from the ultra-logical Vulcans to the merciless, hive-like Borg.

The starship Enterprise in various incarnations was the focus of the original series and many of the movies. Two Star Trek series followed the exploits aboard a space station called Deep Space Nine and a marooned spaceship, Voyager.

www.space.com...

Hope the film is as interesting as the previous Star Trek movies with mindblowing special effects.

But darn, its gonna be a longish wait!

[edit on 7-9-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I know I can't wait for the next film.
The only movie I didn't like was the first one. It just dragged too much.

More news about the original series.
They are being re-released with new CGI effects and a total clean-up for release on DVD and HD-DVD.

www.startrek.com...

Star Trek journeys to the 21st century as the Original Series returns to broadcast syndication for the first time in 16 years with brand-new digitally remastered episodes to celebrate its 40th anniversary.

CBS Paramount Domestic Television has officially announced that they are releasing digitally remastered episodes of Star Trek, with all new special effects and music, to celebrate the groundbreaking series' 40th anniversary, according to John Nogawski, president of CBS Paramount Domestic Television.

The Star Trek episodes will begin airing on the more than 200 stations that own the rights to the weekend broadcast syndication window starting September 16. (As always, please check your local listings for station and dates.) The plan is for all 79 episodes of the Original Series to be remastered, with the first batch of episodes chosen from a list of Star Trek fans' favorite shows.
www.startrek.com...

I'm looking forward to seeing what they change, it should be good.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I found a clip, you can watch it here

love,
lys

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Thanks Lysergic,

That was a wonderful tribute to the love shared between a human and a vulcan.
Kirk sure lets him know who the biatch is.

Kinda lets you know who's doing the anal probing, and it's not the alien this time.

[edit on 9/9/06 by yuan de Fuca]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
i heard they got gang probed

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This is good news..I'm a Trek fan.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   
This is good news.... I was kind of disappointed with the last 2 star trek movies. The last one that I really liked was "first contact". Enterprise, while the visuals were spectacular, lacked a good plot.

whatever happened top the Borg being the most serious threat to the Alpha quadrant? I got the feeling that TNG was moving towards a major confrontation with them that got part of the way there in first contact but felt it left fans hanging.

Voyager advanced this plot abit and DS9 completely shifted gears with the dominion.

Star Trek needs to start about 20 years after voyager and update it's tech a bit. Transwarp drives, stronger weapons systems and an ultimate bad guy. A major Borg invasion would fit the bill, lol.

enterprise didnt remain loyal to the original timeline either and used an old TNG episode as a crutch in the final episode. Remember, the federation fought a war with the romulans before it encountered the kilingons. It fought a war with the klingon as well, hence 2 neutral zones. anyway, trekkie geek rant is over! lol.

top topics

join