It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geosynchronous orbiting satellite snaps UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I don't recall seeing this one on ATS, apologies if it has been posted before:

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric (NOAA) has several Geosynchronous Orbiting Satellites in orbit watching the Earths weather and environment. On November 21, 1999 at 14:45 hours, one of the satellites caught an amazing photo of a UFO at an estimated hundred miles above the Earth off the state of Washington.

Source.

I find the picture to be quite incredible. Definitely makes a nice break from the usual hoaxes. I wondered what the rest of the membership thought about this. Has it ever been debunked?

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
According to this website (scroll on down) ufologie.net...
it is the moon.

There are also other photographs of the moon from satellite too.
They convinced me

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
There are already quite a few threads about this on ATS.

NOAA Satellite Picks up Giant UFO in Earth Orbit ATS Thread.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Good find MrDead.

The scale on that sucker if real would be huge IMHO. Something that size would be visable by the naked eye unless you want to say they have visual stealth as well.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrDead
ufologie.net...

That website does indeed make a compelling case.

Originally posted by lost_shaman

Well, now there's another one.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   

MrDead...maybe you should update the thread lost_shaman pointed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keeping this thread open.

[edit on 7-9-2006 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Why are we keeping these duplicate threads open?

Springer was just saying that Mods would close them if they are alerted to them.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Springer was just saying that Mods would close them if they are alerted to them.

This is obviously a point which need clarification:

Originally posted by kinglizard
we don't close duplicate threads if the original is over 2 weeks old.

From here

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion

This is obviously a point which need clarification:

From here

Originally posted by kinglizard
we don't close duplicate threads if the original is over 2 weeks old.

Well that's certainly something I've never heard before.

It's at odds with what Springer was just saying on another thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I do have one quick and simple suggestion that could help improve things here. That would be simply to go back to a slightly more aggressive Moderation of the Forum where a poster would refer to older ATS thread(s) on the topic and a Mod would lock the thread. = lost_shaman

Moderation is easy enough... IF the staff knows about the thread. Use the complaints forum to report threads as needed but PLEASE include a link the staff can put in the "soon to be closed" thread for those who are just learning to review.

Our overtaxed staff of Volunteers simply stay to buried to go "hunting" for the relvant thread that indeed covers the topic and to send the new Member to. = Springer

[edit on 8-9-2006 by lost_shaman]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
In this case, since the preceding thread is more than 2 years old, I've decided to use the tried and trusted rule of Moderator Discretion and leave this thread open.

Please use the complaint button or U2U me if this needs further clarification and allow the comments to return to the OP topic (and MrDead's contribution that it is the moon shown on the sat. photos).

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
In this case, since the preceding thread is more than 2 years old, I've decided to use the tried and trusted rule of Moderator Discretion and leave this thread open.

Please use the complaint button or U2U me if this needs further clarification and allow the comments to return to the OP topic (and MrDead's contribution that it is the moon shown on the sat. photos).

Yes, but you'll notice "Mr. Dread's contribution" is the same conclusion (i.e. It's the Moon ) already reached on the other ATS Threads that address this topic including the one I linked to.

That's the question I brought up with Springer , now we have two threads taking up space on the board that both reach the same "old" "re-hashed" conclusion. ( i.e. it's the Moon. )

[edit on 8-9-2006 by lost_shaman]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shamanThat's the question I brought up with Springer , now we have two threads taking up space on the board that both reach the same "old" "re-hashed" conclusion. ( i.e. it's the Moon. )

The moderators in this forum still have their discretion to close this thread or leave it open.

Notice Springer also said;

by Springer-
Use the complaints forum to report threads as needed

And I asked, in this thread, to;

by me;
Please use the complaint button or U2U me if this needs further clarification

Thanks

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Please read over this thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Because of this new initiative, duplicate threads will be subjected to greater scrutiny than has been the way in the past.

Besides, this thread has taken on a direction more in line with BB&Q rather than Aliens and UFO's.

Thread closed (again)

top topics

join