It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to sell my Glock?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
It's a BIG handgun round!

It's probably most well known for auto rifle/machine guns - M60's, AK's etc...

They'll go kind of far, will penetrate very light armor and make mincemeat of personnel.

I'm no expert, just an ex-army guy, so the other blokes on here could prob. give you more info.. I will say that carrying an M60 for an extended amount of time is pretty demanding and i'd rather take an m249 into a combat situation.

edit - spelling

[edit on 9/13/2006 by ledbedder20]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
sorry, I meant to make a thread, which ended up as a reply to this thread. I think the Glock is a pretty cool weapon, though.

[edit on 13-9-2006 by Russian soldier]

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   

It's a BIG handgun round!

It's probably most well known for auto rifle/machine guns - M60's, AK's etc...

They'll go kind of far, will penetrate very light armor and make mincemeat of personnel.

Its actually a small and fast round as far as handguns go. It is 7.62x25 and much smaller / slower than the 7.62 x 39 or the 7.62 x 51 cartridges. I had a chance to shoot one of those old czeck army 52's awhile back , it was allot "snappier" than I expected for a full size metal pistol. They are cheap right now due to surplus.

I don't really see the need for penetrating armor unless your in military combat or shooting at cops???

[edit on 14-9-2006 by Heckman]

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   

I don't really see the need for penetrating armor unless your in military combat or shooting at cops???

Twin loads. JHPs with FMJs. FMJs offer much better penetration of car windows and doors, while JHPs mushroom and dump most of their energy. Terminal ballistics.

Still, for ultimate in high tech style it's all about the HK P7 M8/13. Simply beautifully. Pricey, but worth every penny if you appreciate the finer things in life.

I still think that a proper 7.62X25 load spanks most 9s. Mil spec 9s are nothing to sneeze at, but high pressures are really hard on the rail.

Just like Seals say, "You ain't a Seal until you ate Italian steel."

top topics

<< 1   >>

join