It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown Creature Found By Soldiers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   

englishrussia.com...
This creature was found by Russian soldiers on Sakhalin shoreline. Sakhalin area is situated near to Japan, it’s the most eastern part of Russia, almost 5000 miles to East from Moscow (Russia is huge). People don’t know who is it. According to the bones and teeth - it is not a fish. According to its skeleton - it’s not a crocodile or alligator. It has a skin with hair or fur. It has been said that it was taken by Russian special services for in-depth studies, and we are lucky that people who encountered it first made those photos before it was brought away.

Real? Hoax? Photoshoped? You be the Judge!

My Apologies for no using the Ex tab I'm new to this site so bear with me...

[edited to use ex tags -nygdan]
[edit on 7-9-2006 by Nygdan]

[edit on 9/7/2006 by a1ex]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
It's probably a badly decomposed dolphin or baby whale.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
It's probably a badly decomposed dolphin or baby whale.

Not a Whale, but could very well be a Dolphin, although the teeth look like flat, vegetarian teeth as opposed to the pointy, fish eating teeth of Dolphins. Then again, the whole carcass looks like it's in a right state, so the teeth could very well be damaged too.

EDIT: having looked at the main site with all the pics, I can say it isn't a dolphin. The skeleton is too huge. Me thinks it's a hoax. I can;t say it looks that "whaley" but I am going on a mission now to find out...

[edit on 7/9/06 by stumason]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I think it's a Killer Whale, or Orca. Notice the black mass in the centre, that could be remains of the skin. The skull and shape of the skeleton match that of a killer whale too

Killer whale skeleton

Notice to the OP though, did you write the original article on "englishrussia", because your opening post here is word for word?

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
I think it's a Killer Whale, or Orca. Notice the black mass in the centre, that could be remains of the skin. The skull and shape of the skeleton match that of a killer whale too

Killer whale skeleton

Notice to the OP though, did you write the original article on "englishrussia", because your opening post here is word for word?

My Apologies I did not know about the ex tab im new here so bear with me.

Yes, it looks like a harbour porpoise. its ecological range is found in russia:

Although the site does not give how long the carcass has been there my only trouble is explaining the teeth...

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Intruiging.

One of the comments on the original site is pretty good, it notices that there are no nostrils, that rules out any sea-borne reptiles. The complex teeth also rule out any kind of fish, if there was any question of that.

The teeth don't match the orca, and the orca has a gap in those pics for the very front teeth, which this thing doesn't seem to have. The teeth infact look differeent along the jaws.

I think that we can see a shoulder blade in the first few pictures too, doesn't look like the different types of pectoral girdle that a fish would have.

The thing that bothers me is that the report says it is covered in hair. And that I'd've thought you'd still have some of the tail fin attached, but I don't see anything.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hmmm, I agree Nygdan, the teeth are the puzzling aspect. The rest of the Skeleton looks like a sea mammal and any tail fin, which would just be cartilidge, could easily have decomposed or have been eaten. The "shoulder blade" makes it look mammalian aswell.

One of the posters on the other site suggested a Baluga? Having checked out the skull of this "thingy" and that of a Baluga, I am inclined to agree:

Baluga Skull

EDIT: Just to point out why, the ridges down the centre of the snout appear on both the carcass and the baluga Skull posted above....

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The Beluga Ecological Range is within the area where the carcass was found (Sakhalin Russia)

Sources:
en.wikipedia.org...:Cetacea_range_map_Beluga.png
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 9/7/2006 by a1ex]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It might be a good idea to read the whole text. It clearly states "It has a skin with hair or fur". It has fur similar to a sheep (clearly visible in the photo) and a skull similar to a sheep. You can just see the hand in the photo for scale and that would lead me to believe it could also be in that family of animals. The teeth are correct for that also. There are lots of animals in that category including members of the camel family like alpaca etc.. The type of fur should be a dead give away as to what general type of animal it is. I'm guessing a llama from the extended snout and the appearance of the fleece. Russia may have a member of the camel family similar to that as well.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I should have mentioned I have seen probably ten or twelve Beluga sculls and they are not even similar. The teeth belong to a herbivore.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
In looking at the photo again a small portion of the sinus cavity is visible. The cartilidge and the little strip of bone that should be on the side towards the front of the scull probably has broken away. To say it had no nostrils is not correct.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
some kind of dinosaur, i wonder what species. im not a dinosaur nut i dont know, but thats what it looks like to me.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
It might be a good idea to read the whole text. It clearly states "It has a skin with hair or fur". It has fur similar to a sheep (clearly visible in the photo) and a skull similar to a sheep. You can just see the hand in the photo for scale and that would lead me to believe it could also be in that family of animals. The teeth are correct for that also. There are lots of animals in that category including members of the camel family like alpaca etc.. The type of fur should be a dead give away as to what general type of animal it is. I'm guessing a llama from the extended snout and the appearance of the fleece. Russia may have a member of the camel family similar to that as well.

It might be a good idea to not assume your the only one who did read the whole text. I even went so far to read every post under the text and even all the links to different sites that those posters provided. Did you?

It's also a good idea to not focus so much on the skull and make assumptions. The rest of the animal is far larger than any camel, sheep or llama. Where are it's legs? If this was an ungulate of some kind, it would be absolutely enormous! The spine alone must be at least some 12ft long. Now, I don't know about you, but I have never seen a 12ft long camel.

I do not buy your camel theory one iota.

The teeth of a Baluga wear down flat when they get old, partly due to the sounds that the whale makes by rubbing it's teeth, partly due to it's diet of bottom dwelling crustaceans. These teeth are flat. and match the position.

The length of the animal is spot on for a baluga and the skull is spot on too. I see no nasal cavity and there are definately no nostrils. I have yet to see a camel, sheep or otherwise with nostrils on the top of it's head, as they sure aren't at the front where they should be.

The fact that there are shoulder blades at the front and not the back would also indicate an aquatic mammal.

The "fur" could quite easily be decomposing fat, seaweed or any other sort of detritus that the carcass has picked up. When dead sharks are found, they too look like they are furry once decomposition sets in.

In fact, i have searched the net quite extensively and found toher forums discussing this and the general consensus is it is a Baluga.

EDIT to add: What would a camel be doing on a beach in siberia anyway?

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   

The "fur" could quite easily be decomposing fat, seaweed or any other sort of detritus that the carcass has picked up. When dead sharks are found, they too look like they are furry once decomposition sets in.

I read the article and noticed the fur thing, but dismissed it as you did. Most likely it was an incorrect identification or perhaps inaccurate reporting on what was said.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I agree, it's a Beluga. Count the number of teeth and then compare to this.

Even the notch in the top-front jaw line is consistent.

Edit:

That's what I get for skimming. I just realized stumason you already posted the same pic.

[edit on 7-9-2006 by loam]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Haha, no worries dude, at least someone agrees with me instead of thinking it is a 12ft camel, with no legs on a Siberian beach......

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Haha, no worries dude, at least someone agrees with me instead of thinking it is a 12ft camel, with no legs on a Siberian beach......

Kinda like penguins in the forest, eh?

My own creation...
Was havin' some fun...

[edit on 8-9-2006 by loam]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Looks like Penguins on Endor! Very good

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
What a coincidence?!? recently posted a few hours ago a thread about 2 new york male penguins that tried to hatch an egg..and inspired a childrens book

Thread is here:politics.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It is definitely a Beluga Whale and has already been the subject of 2 threads here as well as a pretty thorough going over at cryptomundo.com

top topics

<<   2 >>

join