It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTC Is this the smoking gun? A missile? Bomb? What is it?!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I'm not sure what you're asking, but there is a very distinct smoke trail from any kind of Air to Air missile, and many air to ground missiles. However, IF the 757 was modified to carry missiles in the landing gear bay, where is the gear going to go? What are they gonna do, slingshot them into the air?

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
I can't remember what they're called, only saved the images (I save tons of images, video clips, etc. for potential future reference btw)

The first step is admitting you have a problem, image junkie.

but here's what this specific device looks like:

I'm not saying one of those things was attached, as a fuel-air explosion resulting from the impacts could very well have occurred by itself for all I know.

The explosion from an FAE is extremely bright, almost pure white. It's more of an implosion than explosion. As to the picture above, the thing on the side makes it looks sorta like a cluster bomb canister, but all I can say for sure is it's a bomb of some kind. Doesn't look like english stamped on the nose, but I didn't look to close either. :p

Zaphod's got a good point, though. The missile doesn't just fly outta the plane, and where the movement is would compromise the landing gear.

Having said that, I got no idea if it's pixelation or what. Definately not a standard bomb, definately not a nuke, and it seems useless to hit a building that size with a missile if you're already crashing a plane that size into it (as someone's pointed out already).

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astygia
The explosion from an FAE is extremely bright, almost pure white. It's more of an implosion than explosion.

Well then I'm just going to have to say that I'm totally out of the loop on what jets crashing into buildings should look like in terms of fireballs. It's honestly not something I've ever looked into.

it seems useless to hit a building that size with a missile if you're already crashing a plane that size into it (as someone's pointed out already).

Yeah, if there was anything strapped to those planes, I think it would've been more for a visual kick than any actual damage to the building.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I just fail to see the point. And FAE/nuke would have blown the building apart immediatley, and any other kind of missile would have been too small to do anything noticable. What would they be after? A bigger psychological impact? Sheesus, they just slammed two large airliners into the WTC killing AT LEAST everyone on the planes instantly, how much of a BIGGER psychological effect could you get?

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Originally posted by Astygia
The explosion from an FAE is extremely bright, almost pure white. It's more of an implosion than explosion.

Well then I'm just going to have to say that I'm totally out of the loop on what jets crashing into buildings should look like in terms of fireballs. It's honestly not something I've ever looked into.

Hey now, FAE=Fuel-Air-Explosive. Not saying you don't know what you're talking about regarding the WTC, just passing some wisdom on what an FAE looks like when it pops.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join