It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about firing missles?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I was watching the videos of the second plane hitting the tower and I was trying to find this supposed missle. Here is one of the links i was watching over and over and over from the beginning till the middle and I was confused by that split second it almost hits.

WTC 2

My question: When you press the launch button, does the missle fire up with smoke at that very moment then immediately fire? (I'm talking in milliseconds here, like instantly smoke then instantly missle fires?)

[edit on 7-9-2006 by BigMoser]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
What are you talking about? Now missiles are responsible for the WTC crashes, and not planes? I thought that was confined to the Pentagon.

Yes there is a slight delay between initiating the launch and the actual missile leaving its canister in most missile systems. I know there is a small delay in a Patriot missile to allow for an emergency abort.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The tower missile theory, that is on the under side of the wing on the plane just before it hits, seems to have a flash under the wing. Not sure what that is, but has not been proven or disproven. There are a couple of good threads on that, but think they are last year and older in date.

I recall this though, there is some images real or not, but they show a protrusion under the wing that is not standard.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Thanks for clarifying that, Advisor.

I believe the flash that was spotted was sunlight glinting off a window or wing. I havent seen any evidence yet that points to a missile or anything other than flight 175 hitting the WTC.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It was most likely static electricity discharging. Planes build up a static charge in flight, and the towers were like a huge lightning rod.

To answer the original question, as soon as you push the button to fire a missile, it drops free, and there's a large smoke trail, or in the case of some A2A missiles, there's a large smoke trail then it drops free.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Ok, thanks for clarifying everything. The discharge is very understandable and I would believe that one. The sunlight is another thing I tried to look at. Both of these answers are more understandable in this situation. Wouldnt the missle (if one had been shot) have either (A) gone through the building and out the window, or (B) caused the explosion way before the plane could? (again, this is a matter of split seconds)

new topics

top topics

join