It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors find plant growing in boy's nose

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Romanian doctors have found a plant growing in a four-year-old boy's nose.

See rest of article at

www.ananova.com...

I stuck a bean in my ear when I was six. Don't know why??? Probably........just because...........

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 05:14 PM
link   
was it weed? Now thats somethin i would grow outta my nose!!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The only way this could possibly be weirder is if the boy's name is Jack.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Living in an area of farming to a degree, I always heard stories of an amishman inhaling seeds while they were planting and the seeds would sprout in his lungs or throat. Guess anything is possible.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   
My goodness seeds in your lungs,

Maybe that old Mae West joke "Is that a banana in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me" might have the answer no, its actually a palm

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   
A bean once grew in my sister's nose. She had to have surgery to remove it. It was rotten though.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   
You think that is weird? I once saw a girl on the Discovery channel that could "cry" pieces of glass out of her eyes. She was Indian, and apparently they saw her as some sort of prophet. I didn't know what to think, since they had made her into a tourist attraction and seemed to be doing it for the attention and the money. However, she did "Cry" the glass out on camera, and darned if I could figure out how she did it without cutting herself.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I would have so picked my nose, If i felt a bean in there.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Kai-Raega iv seen that too..

but im not sure if it was "glass" glass

maybe somthing simuler

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   
And then there's the stories of what the doctors have had to extract from the end of the human digestive system... but we won't go there in this discussion. You can find some medical papers on it, though, and it's ... uh... unsettling.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Do you mean that carrots DON'T grow naturally there? I thought all that manue would be good for them

Originally posted by Byrd
And then there's the stories of what the doctors have had to extract from the end of the human digestive system... but we won't go there in this discussion. You can find some medical papers on it, though, and it's ... uh... unsettling.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
~So disgusting. But I do wonder about the mentioned girl crying out the glass. Although it's not physically possible(to my knowledge), it's in the category with the ivory statues drinking milk from a spoon, or the ones that smoke cigarettes on their own.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 09:45 AM
link   
A girl crying glass.... hmm

That's weird about the boy with the plant growing in his nose, it would be neat to see.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 09:54 AM
link   
so when my mum used to say clean the dirt out of your ears before potatoes and cabbages start growing there I was right to be worried.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainStar
Romanian doctors have found a plant growing in a four-year-old boy's nose.

What a great find! It always amazes me about plants, their tendency to try and thrive in any possible location there is a chance for them to survive. I sometimes will see a little weed growing out of a crack in the side walk and wonder that even though the little fella has no chance of surcviving there, it tries to anyway. It reflects the natural tendency that life tries to live, quite a zen train of thought actually.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I can understand a seed sprouting in somebody's nose, but growing in lungs? I thought there was something called photosynthesis?

www.emc.maricopa.edu...?

new topics

top topics

join