It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overthrow Religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Religion, in all its forms, is just as bad as any dictator in the world today. While they lack the forceful presence of some of the dictators on earth, they still do the basic things that dictators do that are frowned upon in modern society, plus they have the worst and most feared dictator in history, god. religion control the things you do and how you do them. If your priest (reverend, rabbi ect.) asked you to donate more money to "appease god" how many of you would defy him and put in the same amount or less?

Religion even has one up on the other dictators, it can control your mind to a degree. you are afraid to think certain thoughts for fear that god would know you thought it. how many Iraqis do you think lived in fear of Saddam peering into their mind? And how many times did he threaten to throw anybody into an eternal flaming toture pit? there is a very good argument for those who would say that saddam was a saint compared to god.

what does a populace eventually decide to do after years of abuse, they overthrow thier opressors. only in this uprising, there doesn't need to be any guns, bloodshed or death. You simply need to stop giving you unquestioned faith and obedience to an invisible, magic jew. easy to say but difficult to execute, much like a real insurrection. But, also like a real insurrection, it has to start somewhere.

If no one believed in god, some people would say that the world would lack any sense of moral at all. But, do you think that there would be a problem in the middle east if religion didn't exist? would arab be more prone to violence because of their skin color or geographical location, no. Its time to overthrow this nonexistent dictator before more die as an indirect result of implied existence.

[edit on 7-9-2006 by Babel Fish]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
As a Spiritual Anarchist I agree with you. As a member of this board I think there are many threads already active on the topic. Such as this one:

I believe religion is simple brainwash

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I agree with you, but I don't quite think that you understand that religion comes from Satan.

Do you think that Muslims follow the God that says "thou shalt not kill?"

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I agree with you, but I don't quite think that you understand that religion comes from Satan.

eh, religion comes from satan? could you explain what you mean a little more.

As a Spiritual Anarchist I agree with you. As a member of this board I think there are many threads already active on the topic.

alrighty, you can close it if you want.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Babel Fish

alrighty, you can close it if you want.

No I can't. What allot of members don't understand is moderators are assigned to certain forums and have no power in the forums they are not assigned to. I'm not a mod in this forum and therefore on the same level as every other poster. If someone does something that does not conform with the T&C's I can alert on it, but so can you. Only supermods have authority over all forums. (And Admin)

As for religions coming from Satan....(sigh)....Satan is a figment of the Christian imagination. Learn to think outside of the book and you will find things even more terrifying. (just my opinion)

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Why close it anyway? it posts a very good question..

I am very religious..

yet I practise NO RELIGION!!!

Does that sound strange? I hope so..

My family was RC ...I was never confirmed... I don,t go to church..

But believe me I chat to the big guy all the time...

I cannot push any religion upon others as I really don,t know which one i am classed as anyhoo

But you know what?? It suit me just dandy... Highly recommended

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Babel Fish

eh, religion comes from satan? could you explain what you mean a little more.

Sure Babel fish, religion comes from Babel..............Babylon.

Nimrod the King of Babylon was given power by the fallen angel Lucifer who is Satan posing as an angel of light. This was a couple of generations after the flood that destroyed mankind. (The knowledge of this religion can be traced back to the garden of Eden and the tree of knowledge, good and evil.)

All of the religions can be traced to Babylon and Satan. Read up on Nimrod, Semiramis, Tammuz and Baal and you will find the source of the worlds problems.

Christianity in it's pure form is not religion, it is only the truth.

Following Christ and being born again is not the problem, it is the solution.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
But believe me I chat to the big guy all the time...

I know exactly what you mean.

The voice of God.

I will not say another persons chosen path is wrong. I'm happy for them that they are walking in the light as they find it as truth.

I wish we all could respect each others path. Then the arguments over God would end.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
How and where do those of us who are spiritual instead of religious fit into the 'religion is of satan' concept? I subscribe to a blend of native american and celtic (see also:pagan) beliefs, so how is that connected to satan (which most pagans are fond of saying can be kept in christiantiy, we don't need him) and all that?

You simply need to stop giving you unquestioned faith and obedience

I can't help but feel this segment hit the entire nail on the head; its the actions of the people under a religion that make it appear bad or good, not the religion itself. Kinda like how human nature mucked up Communism when on paper it seemed like a fine idea. Believing in the maiden-mother-crone, christ, mohammad, etc isint in itself bad but when you start projecting your issues such as hatred and fear onto the faith it becomes twisted and perverted, not what any god or godess would want of their followers.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Satan started religion and is responsible for all the problems in the world.

Do you see people following Gods ten commandments?

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
Satan started religion and is responsible for all the problems in the world.

Sorry, I believe mankind is responsible for the problems in the world and its mankinds job to clean them up.

I see your point here and i'd love to be able to blame someone else for the horrible things we are doing. I can't though. I will not shirk the fact that mankind is doing terrible things by saying, "The Devil made us do it."

The Devil is not doing this, we are. Until we come to understand that we are responsible for what is going on in this world the killing will not stop, the hatred will not stop.

Once we lose our belief in the Devil we will have no one left to blame but ourselves. Perhaps then we will understand that only we can bring forth the love for each other that God so wishes for us.

Just my thoughts,

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
please take up the 'destroy religion' conversation in one of the destroy religions threads.

top topics

join