It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A strange experience last night - make of it what you will.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I'll start off by saying that I'm not the type who looks for attention by trying to find paranormal explanation for everything that happens. In fact, I'm quite the skeptic. I won't be offended or disappointed or anything if the general consensus on what happened is that it was nothing - it was just sort of odd and I felt I should share my experience before I forget all of it just in case it was something - I've already forgotten some I'm sure. It's a pretty short story anyway.

While I was laying in bed asleep this morning/last night (It was dark - sometime really early,) I came into that half awake/half asleep state of mind. I don't remember anything before it, all I can remember was that in my semi-concious state I seemed to be speaking/thinking something in latin. I say it's latin because that's what I recognize it as from songs, tv, classes, etc., but it's possible I'm wrong. Anyway, it seemed as if I was chanting... I then noticed that I felt very...icy. That's the best way to describe it, anyway. I was freezing cold, and it felt like there were pin pricks all over my body. I sort of adjusted myself, threw my blanket back over me, and went back to sleep.

Possible explanations:

I do have a fan in my room near my bed. What leads me to believe that it wasn't the fan causing the sensation is that I live in Arizona, in a suburb of Phoenix. For those of you who don't know, summer time usually constitutes 100+ temperatures, even at night. I'm usually sweating in my sleep even without a blanket. I've never felt like this in summer before.

Also, I have been listening to a band that has a song in latin - sort of like a chant so that could easily be it. If it helps, I was researching ouija boards online before I went to sleep, but I seriously doubt that has anything to do with it.

Again, I won't be offended or disappointed if anyone thinks it's nothing. I just put this up in the off chance that someone's heard of this or experienced it before.

Thoughts/feelings?

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I would like to ask,you remember this happening yet you were half awake and half asleep,is there any reason why you think this happened while you were half asleep and not fully in a sleep state?.

Do you usually remember your dream states?

I ask this because it is easy for many things to happen while we are in a trance,such as sleep.

I have done chanting and rune writings in what many call the other realms,where realities of this realm merge in those of others.Not too many times
and the one that is the most clear was the scariest.

See on the other hand thats the scary thing about the realm between sleep and not asleep,many say that while we are in our sleep state we are connected to much more then the physical reality we sense and live in during our awake state.

While it is easy for people to explain that we are simply sleeping and resting others say many things that are different. Such as that when we sleep we focus our concious on the subconcious which could be connected to all realities and realms of exsistence aswell as all time that has passed and is to come.

In this study and many others,some say that we exsist in all posible realities or time sperate dimensions which can span off from any given moment in time,to say that even though we choose left,the reality where we go right still exsists,and the realities that stem from those decisions aswell.

Now they say that the further you get from the other realities,the harder or more disconnected from them we become in this conciousness,yet we are still connected to the alternate verses through our subconcious.

In this line of study we also hear that what perhaps creates the realms and possibilities of these dream state realities we see in our sleep,are the merging of many alternate realities or dimensions,some of which are far from the ones we are used to.

Now in regards to half awake,the switch between concious and subconcious is that the peramiters of our made reality(the one of which we fully live in our awakened state)are blurred and therefore im not exactly the toraylin that i base off of the thoughts and stored memory in my concious that tells me who i am and what is real,because it is not fully awake,and the form of this reality has not come to take over my functioning senses.

They say that in this state people can still be connected with thoughts and memories that are not essentially theirs,or perhaps the memories and abilities of another version of themselves in another reality.This is why sometimes people freak out when they are awakened,its because they are not fully aware of their surroundings or the people in it,and perhaps were just in a world where they were being attacked or very scared.

[edit on 7-9-2006 by toraylin]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
No offense but I'm among the most open minded around here to such things but I can't see where there is enough here to indicate some kind of paranormal experience for you. Maybe I am wrong.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Reminds me of a time I had similar experience in a very relaxed state and my legs got warmer ( urs cold ) and i had pin pricks in my legs and felt very calm. Somebody said it could be the start of something. Projection or OBE etc. Maybe...maybe not. Hard to tell because the event came and went.

If it happens again, let it go and see what happens.

[edit on 7-9-2006 by Arawn]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Thanks, Toraylin. That's an interesting way to look at things. Would you say that the dream state is just as real as your awake, physical state? Generally, I don't remember very many dreams. I was definitely at least half awake when this happened, though.

No offense but I'm among the most open minded around here to such things but I can't see where there is enough here to indicate some kind of paranormal experience for you. Maybe I am wrong.

Why you close minded little... Just kidding
. Like I said earlier, I won't be offended if anyone says it's just nothing. It very well could be nothing. I just thought I'd post it before I forget it, and see if anyone had any similar experiences like Arawn.

That's weird, Arawn. I'll definitely pay closer attention if it does happen again, but I don't think it will. This is the first time this has ever happened for me.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Though it would be difficult to explain by any means,yes.

In my state of sleep while I dont remember all of the events which happen all the time,I would say that yes I and anyone for that matter,have the ability to become fully aware of themselves within the dream state. Sometimes this can be a very scary thing,I have encountered numerous dangerous situations and entities in these places. When I have more time I shall elaborate more on the conections between us and the us which exsists in this state,and how the two effest eachother and the reality we find ourselves in.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I thought someone was going to say the freezing cold was due to an evil entity at your bed investigating you after you got its attention by researching the ouija board. I heard if you play with fire, you may get burned. I don't know if you were thinking this and that's why you posted this in the first place or not. It's just what I thought of.

Of course maybe the whole cold incident was due to a dream where you were in the arctic and had drunken too much ice water and you just don't remember.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
It doesnt sound very strange", but it is. If it happened to me I would certainly be creeped out.
And yes, I was actually going to point out that an evil entitiy was present, or such. I am not religous, but rather spiritual. However, I try to rationalise everything and mostly view things scientifically to some extend. In other words, I try to look at all angles. Always saying, "what if"...or "is it possible". Now, I'm not saying it was a "evil entity", but I'm not ruling it out either.
It could be simply from a dream & your mind is still in that "dream state".
I don't know, but things like these need answers.
Why aren't there answers for things like these? Maybe because the truth may be something we're better off not knowing. Or maybe it's toatlly scientific and because of the curiosuity & imagination of the mind, we wish it to be other things.
Ohh well...*shrugs shoulders*

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
I'll start off by saying that I'm not the type who looks for attention by trying to find paranormal explanation for everything that happens. In fact, I'm quite the skeptic. I won't be offended or disappointed or anything if the general consensus on what happened is that it was nothing - it was just sort of odd and I felt I should share my experience before I forget all of it just in case it was something - I've already forgotten some I'm sure. It's a pretty short story anyway.

While I was laying in bed asleep this morning/last night (It was dark - sometime really early,) I came into that half awake/half asleep state of mind. I don't remember anything before it, all I can remember was that in my semi-concious state I seemed to be speaking/thinking something in latin. I say it's latin because that's what I recognize it as from songs, tv, classes, etc., but it's possible I'm wrong. Anyway, it seemed as if I was chanting... I then noticed that I felt very...icy. That's the best way to describe it, anyway. I was freezing cold, and it felt like there were pin pricks all over my body. I sort of adjusted myself, threw my blanket back over me, and went back to sleep.

Possible explanations:

I do have a fan in my room near my bed. What leads me to believe that it wasn't the fan causing the sensation is that I live in Arizona, in a suburb of Phoenix. For those of you who don't know, summer time usually constitutes 100+ temperatures, even at night. I'm usually sweating in my sleep even without a blanket. I've never felt like this in summer before.

Also, I have been listening to a band that has a song in latin - sort of like a chant so that could easily be it. If it helps, I was researching ouija boards online before I went to sleep, but I seriously doubt that has anything to do with it.

Again, I won't be offended or disappointed if anyone thinks it's nothing. I just put this up in the off chance that someone's heard of this or experienced it before.

Thoughts/feelings?

it's your guardian or the guardian of someone else around you and it's trying to ground your spirit. If you looked up the latin it would probably mean something like, 'I like jam cakes and cream puffs". My guardian did that to me a few times. It's trying to make you realize you're steeped in a culture of information and need to work within that . It's kind of a warning to respect the unseen powers and be aware that there are forces controlling life on earth. The prickling of the skin and coldness are caused by the guardians body/s touching yours. Don't be afraid or hostile, just use love to conquer all and you'll find you meet some amazing beings.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Don't wanna start a "diss" thread and I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but I'm starting to think probedbygrays does serious drugs or something?
Probed, tell me exactly why you believe this? What happened in your life to make you think of these things differently from the common view?

[edit on 13-9-2006 by sdrawkcab]

new topics

top topics

join