It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what makes toronto so god dam SPECIAL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
i live in calgary alberta. alberta is in the top 5 oil and gas producers. toronto does NOT produce oil and gas.

but still every time i read about toronto they ALWAYS pay less for gas then people in alberta. here im paying around 92cents. frikinG totonro is paying 67cents A LITRE.

that is sooooo stupid it makes my brain hurt. it makes me want to nuke toronto.

simple straightforward question,
WHY ARE THE GAS PRODUCING PROVINCES GETING SCREWED??????????????????

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
No idea why they have such low fuel prices..Here in Ottawa, Ont, its hovering around 88 Cents, and we are usually a little cheaper than Toronto..

I don't know if you are getting screwed though. You do have no PST in Alberta and don't all Albertan's receive a Oil Royalty Cheque/Rebate or something to that extent every year?

[edit on 9/7/2006 by pstiffy]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Quick and easy answer - seat distribution.

Which province has the most ridings? Ontario.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
Quick and easy answer - seat distribution.

Which province has the most ridings? Ontario.

Uh but liberals dominate Ontario and Alberta votes almost exclusively conservative?

So that can't be it.

The west is being squeezed because the wealth is perceived to be there for the taking.

But your argument has some merit in terms of an upcoming election though if that is what you mean?

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Why is anyone complaining?

Not that long ago I was paying almost $1.30/L. Today I noticed it is selling for .97/Litre. Hell, I will take that and be happy with it. Could I go for less, your damn right I could but I understand that this quick drop in price is something we should appreciate rather than bickering over the fact someone else maybe paying .84/Litre.

If its a fight that I'm paying $1.40 and Ontario is paying $1.20, I'll fight that fight. This one, my towel has been tossed in.

Its time for the cheap gas dance!

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Strangely enough, the big oil companies tend to give their money to the Liberals. The Liberal party get (or got, until the change to fundraising rules) most of their money from industry, where most of the Conservative's money comes from individuals.

It's weird and you would think it would be the other way around, but when was the last time Canadian politics made any kind of sense?

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by worksoftplayhard

but still every time i read about toronto they ALWAYS pay less for gas then people in alberta. here im paying around 92cents. frikinG totonro is paying 67cents A LITRE.

We're not paying 67cents a litre. We're paying, at least, 75-76.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia

We're not paying 67cents a litre. We're paying, at least, 75-76.

OK I'm ready to fight. Why the heck am I paying .97/L?

Hold the nukes though!

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
Strangely enough, the big oil companies tend to give their money to the Liberals. The Liberal party get (or got, until the change to fundraising rules) most of their money from industry, where most of the Conservative's money comes from individuals.

Agreed.

But the war on terror has been to support the western oil industry and the CPC has been supportive of this.

They just need more converts in the rest of the country.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Well, the Liberals were the ones who signed us up for the whole war on terror, so we can't really call them unsupportive of it.

The Liberals love big business just as much as the Conservatives, and big business seems to love them right back.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Gas prices here in the Ontario boonies runs about > 90 cents a litre.

But, hold on a minute, there, worksoftplayhard....

www.relocatecanada.com...

The lowest provincial and civic tax rates, at 10%, Alberta has the lowest top marginal rate in Canada. Fuel tax in Alberta is only nine cents a litre and no provincial sales tax contribute to a low cost of living compared to some other provinces. Alberta has been debt free for sometime now. This past January, the provincial govt. issued a $400 royalty cheque to each and every Albertan including children.

Ah...

I used to live out west (Calgary, Edmonton, Yellowknife) and the distances between places is truly huge. where's your refineries and how far does it need to be trucked? Do the outlying towns have the same prices as the cities or does it vary through by distance?

There's a heck of a difference in trucking that fuel 200 km and 1500km over back roads. In Ontario, where the largest population in Canada lives, there's huge refineries (Sarnia) and many depots. That should make it easier to distribute.

~~~~~
spelled Edmonton wrong

[edit on 7-9-2006 by masqua]

top topics

join