It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is big.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 09:42 PM
link   
www.8march2003.com...

I dont know if its a hoax, but its freaking me out!

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Ugh most annoying, this guy better have some good info

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 10:13 PM
link   
great hoax... I bet its a movie trailer ... like the Blair witch project

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Who knows, lets keep an eye open...
>.O?

posted on Nov, 2 2002 @ 11:34 PM
link   
ive just been reading ghost stories and im really freaked now

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 12:44 AM
link   
because COBOL programmers used only 2 spaces for the date instead of 4 the world is gonna end when....

sorry.

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Doesn't he know that by releasing the pics now to everyone, the more these pics will spread like wild fire?
It also wouldnt give the 'Agents' more time to track him down and put an end to this whole fiasco.
meh...

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Necro, how did you come across the site anyways?

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 05:33 AM
link   
If the imformation is so sensitive how come the site hasn't been closed down?
I get the impression 8March 2003 would be key words how come my curser isn't doing the vandango?
Why doesn't he release some key words so at least we can do some detective work?
And finally by releasing the web addresses for the photo release 6 months ahead they stand little chance of showing anyone any photos that the authorities do not want you to see.Or is that the plan.All sites are compromised and so when the date comes the photos can't be released.

I can hardly wait for the anti-climax.

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 05:53 AM
link   
It's sound like a special future commercial event.

This guy is lucky. He find a camera somewhere in the bush, and do you know what ? He have a darkness room at home.

But he didn't tell that he was a photogragh.

He know that " someone " track him, but he use his credit card.

Hoax or commercial event !

If this " story " was true, believe me, this so-called gov' agency would have close his website since a long times ago.

BS !

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 11:06 PM
link   
One thing I've observed is that the picture of the "damaged negatives" seems to be more consistant with tearing rather than partial melting (as if from a heat source). There was *some* evidence of spot-melting for certain (perhaps with a butane lighter?), but otherwise the negatives seem to be merely crumpled up as if walked on or twisted around by someone's hands. All in all, if the crumpling & spot-melting had been enough damage to break the negatives into so many pieces, then I'm wondering how the author of that webpage was able to get it out of the film-canister at all, especially considering that he would've had to do it in *complete darkness*. I know enough about photography to realize that he would've had to keep the room completely dark until he could use the "fixer chemicals" to prevent over-exposure when he turned the lights on again. If the film was that badly damaged before he got it out of the camera, then the case on the roll of film itself would've been likely to have been damagaed enough to have exposed the film to light...long before he found the camera.

Keep in mind here that I've only been discussing *probability* based upon my observations...I still think it's *possible* that he could've salvaged something of those negatives without causing more damage in the process.

UP has made some good points...After all, he *did* admit that he might've been getting merely paranoid from reading too many conspiracy novels, but then tried to go on the lam using a credit card? That sounds pretty fishey to me too. Also, a good point; Why the delay to post his photos & info? The sooner it gets out to the 'net, the more people that can help with the research & investigation...Plus the fact that, once the ball gets rolling by various people from around the *world*, it's that much harder for it to be suppressed. Also, if this is going to be "globally-important news", then shouldn't everyone be made aware of it that much sooner so that the people can prepare to either weather out the trouble or perhaps even *prevent* it?

However, it doesn't take a *professional* photog to have some kind of darkroom set up in his home. I set one up in at home in coat closet during my high school years & I was *never* a professional at it. All it takes is the knowledge of what procedures you need to perform & a bit of money for the chemicals/equipment...A reasonably usable darkroom can be set up for less than $200.

[Edited on 4-11-2002 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 11:35 PM
link   
This may well be a stretch, but I wonder if there is some connection...

www.disclosureproject.org...

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 12:18 AM
link   
It kinda sounds like this guy.
xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 01:23 PM
link   
It must be tough holding the fate of humanity in your hands...

posted on Nov, 4 2002 @ 07:38 PM
link   
But not as tough as balancing it on the end of your nose, William-1 -and it is indeed not un-reminiscent of the earlier ATS posting given above.
Build more hospitals -it's the only way.

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Good lord, this date curiously ties in with the slated release date for DeusEx 2.
For those who don't know, it's a computer game and the plotline is very conspiracy related. Excuse my poor English, late night last night, still pretty hungover/drunk

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I think it's another exciting site full of FAKED PHOTOS!

...he needs that long to learn Photoshop, y'see.

Take a look at the mangled negatives... and then at the damage to the camera body. They don't match.

There's no way that film came from that camera.

And as someone on another site said, how did the lab know HOW to process that damaged film with the leader strip damaged? How did they know whether it was slide or regular print film? How did they decide what process to use (Fuji? Polariod? Whatever?) when the film had to be opened/rerolled in the dark? They had Superman with his X-ray vision working for them?

Nah. It's just another twinkie. Pass the tinfoil hats, eh?

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 05:50 PM
link   
You know, I think that if it wasn't for the conspiracy theorists, the manufacturers of aluminum foil would've gone out of business by now...

...Come to think of it, are there many famous consiracy theorists being subsidized by aluminum manufacturers? How can we find out who pays these guys anyway? Is this merely *another* conspiracy that has to be unraveled for the good of mankind as a whole?

[Edited on 6-11-2002 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Suppose this is real. Suppose it is the Real Don Steele. Maybe it is a picture of a guy getting blown away by some aliens with some military guys standing there watching out in the middle of nowhere. I tend to give the benefit of the doubt untill proven otherwise. Maybe he is having his psychotic break. I saw 'Signs' and it got me wondering what it would be like if the aliens came to take over the planet. I was thinking it would be much like that. I wouldn't count on the aliens being suseptable to water or anything common, it probably won't happen that way, think of Murphy's Law. The best way to discredit a witness would be to make him out to be crazy or give out disinformation, or destroy true evidence. Me I tend to believe the story but pictures would lend certain credibility. I want to make it a point to follow the website especially on the 8th of March 2003(only a week after my anniversary date at work). About the foil, my work keeps the R.J. Reynolds company in business, I couldn't do my job if I didn't have the foil. Scoff and be sceptical if you want. I just hope he can deliver the pictures as he said. -Troy

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 10:51 PM
link   
like troy im interested wouldnt it be kool if this guy was for real i mean all the counless hours we spent here was actually worth ut in a kinda sorda way. I also am thinkin bout the Deus Ex 2 thoery that is around the date it comes out hmm. i f it was a game they would have some inclination of it. An teh site would be pretty elaborate, This one isnt bad. Also on the flipside if this guy is on the run how did he make this site in all the langauges and would they track his frined too. still i think i would be pretty kool if it was fo real.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join