It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe PS3 delayed till March!!!!! But is it so bad?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Yes us Europeans have once again been forgotten by the gaming industry. Our launch of the PS3 is delayed until March 2007 while the rest of the world (America and Japan anyway) get theirs in November. IT's apparently becasue they havnt produced enough blu-ray drives according to ITV.
Now when this was first announced I and many other Europeans were outraged, but then I thought maybe this is a good thing, for Europe anyway.

Our version of the console will be in theory be less buggy and less likely to explode then those released on launch. Then there's the fact thta instead of around 12 launch games we're going to get closer to 30 (including I hope Final fantasy and assasin's creed.) The other great thing is that there's a chance it'll alos get a price cut as it's 6 months after launch really.

Just wondering if others agree with me and your opinions (this isnt a PS3 versus [insert console here] argument there are enough of them on the internet already.)

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
so is the ps3 still going to have the copyright crap? as in you can't rent games for it?

if so this make lys sad

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Kill the PS3, to expensive. with the wii due in November at £160 you could buy 3!!!!
LONG LIVE THE WII!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
nintendo consoles are for kiddies.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
It seems its inevitable that these thread always turn into a fanboy fight.

anywho...Your thinking is flawed. You've told your self that "its a good thing" and now you believe it.
The same "thought process" could be applied for anything.
IE: I'll buy a computer in 10 years...because by then they will be far better then they are now.

see...

BTW, Your holding your breath if you think they are going to cut the price in just six months. And its likely the consoles wont be any better, It usually takes nearly a year before they can change something and get it out to the people. The most recent example of this is the Xbox 360, when they first came out Many people reported overheating problems, some have gotten good ones, and some have modified theres such as buying the intercooler fan attachment to help keep it cool. Microsoft has said that they will change the processor in early 07', which will help keep the heat down.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
HI thanks Murc your probably right but I can always wish,
But i am pretty sure we will have the biggest launch list ever, hopefully I can get final fantasy 13 on release day, hear me god ff13, release day, got it, good.
p.s could a moderator remove the kill ps3/ nintenod for kiddies because theyll probably lead to the derailment of the thread

[edit on 10-9-2006 by Shenroon]

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I didnt mean to come across as a "fanboy"!!!!!!! lol. I dont even own a console, so I cant see how I'm a "fanboy". It was meant as a joke about killing the PS3, you should all lighten up a bit!!! I do own a PC and have done all my gaming on that, I just think the PS3 is so over priced its stupid!!! People will throw money at it what ever the cost, but I just like the idea of the wii-mote. Get some mates round, buy lots of beer and then laugh your ass off as you and your friends make fools of yourselves waving the wii-mote thingy about. Thats got to be a class evening for all.

The PS3 has amazing technology and Sony are pushing the boundries of console graphics, but I think that the delay with blueray and the cost of the thing would make any parent cringe. but atleast with the european delay any one buying a PS3 will get a better choice of games than with the Japan/US release. I do believe that Sony will use the shortage to there atvantage to create havoc, just like Microsoft did with the 360, great media attention. I would bet that the PS3 will be selling on ebay for thousands and "normal people" who earn "normal wages" will be hard pressed to find one at a decent price.

Edited to apologise to shenroon for disrupting his thread.

[edit on 10-9-2006 by Kurokage]

L3X

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage
Kill the PS3, to expensive. with the wii due in November at £160 you could buy 3!!!!
LONG LIVE THE WII!!!!!!

Or 1 Wii and 1 360-Full

However there are no problems if europeans will have ps3 only in march beacuse i'm in Next Gen since 2 december

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   
By March the Ps3 will be out of date by quad core PCs and DX10. Stupid sony

Quad core Pcs should have 3.6 terraflops of Floating point performance (ps3 has 2, Xbox360 has 1, Wii has like .5) and DX10 is 6-8 times the performance as 9 (Ps3, Xbox360 and Wii all use hardware designed for DX9).

Once again they're gonna get owned by PCs.

[edit on 14-9-2006 by PisTonZOR]

new topics

top topics

join