It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandelson says he hopes labour moves on

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I hope it will now move on and that the plotting and the shenanigans will be put behind them once and for all.

source

i'll bet he does, this useless waste of space is probably worried he'll be shown the door yet again and may have to start looking for a real job instead of permantly having his nose in the trough.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Mandy! he speaks....

isn't he with the EU commission now?

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Mandy! he speaks....

- Ha!
They all trot out every once in a while, as if on cue.

As one of those that laid the path for the Blair & Brown 'New Labour project' Mandy's just one of the regular voices that pops up from off-stage.....

.....and perhaps it's a little subliminal reminder of darker days, when even tho the policies were much more attractive the in-fighting and personnel left something to be desired (re Neil Kinnock's time in the hot-seat)?

isn't he with the EU commission now?

- Yeah but why let the facts get in the way of venting some of that sour old bile, huh?

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
This guy seems like one of the puppet masters if you ask me. His type will always find an exit door no matter how hot it gets. Too bad because he will just keep on recreating new scams with different language.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I seem to remember Mandy being portrayed as a Lizard in "Spitting Image", unless I'm thinking of someone else.

It certainly suits him, the slimey Euro-Jobsworth. In his world putting "Shenanigans behind us" is a way of life

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
That guy just needs to shut his trap and get on with it. A hanger oner if you ask me.

He just trying to make headlines like that is gonna happen not.

Crawl back into your pithole Mandelson no one wants to hear your comments.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It seems to have escaped some people's notice that this is actually a matter for the Labour party of which Peter Mandelson remains a senior member despite his extremely important EU position
(unless EU Commissioner for trade is now to be traduced as some kind of empty and pointless PR position now?).

True, this also has obvious and important implications regarding the job of PM but the fact remains that this is all about the leadership of the Labour party.

In those circumstances it is quite reasonable that Mandelson should comment, if asked.

Particularly when his comment amounted to a call for some calm and quiet sense. Hardly stirring the pot or for that matter a vain-glorious effort for himself.

BTW he was a snake on Spitting Image.

[edit on 8-9-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

new topics

top topics

join