It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Campaign Used Pollster's Fake Data

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   

The owner of DataUSA Inc., a company that conducted political polls for the campaigns of President George W. Bush, Sen. Joe Lieberman and other candidates, pleaded guilty to fraud for making up survey and poll results

FBI Special Agent Jeff Rovelli said 50 percent of information compiled by DataUSA and transmitted to Bush's campaign was falsified, the Connecticut Post reported Thursday

Assistant U.S. Attorney Edward Chang said on several occasions when the company was running up against a deadline to complete a job, results were falsified. Sometimes, the respondent's gender or political affiliation were changed to meet a quota, other times all survey answers were fabricated

Source

Not exactly a huge shocker, but its good to see that somebody who is lying and deceiving the general population are getting what they deserve.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Surprised? No.

Why has Bush not been impeached?

Clinton was impeached, but how many more times has bush lied to us?

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
1. Why would President Bush be impeached for this? It was an independent company that made up results, nothing to do with the Administration. The president didn't lie, the company did.

2. I love how the headline of the story and post emphasize the Bush angle. Didn't mention "Senator Lieberman and other candidates". Typical

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I don't see how this would've helped Bush. It seems more likely it would've heart him, becuase his campaign was relying on fraudulent data to figure out how to market itself. Although, I do wonder how much influence the polsters had in getting candidates to modify policies. If they tell some politician, 90% of the people really want xyz, then the politician will be much more likely to push for xyz. Now, if the polster has an agenda....

new topics

top topics

join