It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Charity will trace 'mouse biter'

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

So whats up? We have governments killing masses of innocent and people are hunting down people for biting off the heads of rats? What a world we live.

Peace

Dalen




posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen
news.bbc.co.uk...

So whats up? We have governments killing masses of innocent and people are hunting down people for biting off the heads of rats? What a world we live.

Peace

Dalen


Interesting ,So in your eyes due to the current global climate ,that excuses the mistreatment of animals?

Is this your point?



posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
Interesting ,So in your eyes due to the current global climate ,that excuses the mistreatment of animals?

Is this your point?


I don't excuse the mistreatment of animals, but what is the difference between biting the head off of a mouse or feeding him to a snake? I fish with live bait. Am I mistreating the bait or the fish I catch when I clean it and put it into the freezer?
Pet stores used to sell white rats as food for other animals, now if they do it there are people protesting out front.

The hypocracy of animal rights groups never fails to amuse me. My local animal shelter charges $45 to adopt a cat or dog, they also charge you $30 for bringing in a stray animal. They will not allow a cat to be adopted if there is a possibility that you will let it out of the house. A background check is done before an adoption and the shelter reserves the right to come to your house and inspect it and the animal at any time.

I used to volunteer at the shelter a couple Saturday mornings a month, never again. A farmer came in wanting to adopt some cats for his dairy barn. He was willing to take 10 cats and pay the adoption fees for them. He was turned down because the cats would have lived in the barn. Two days later the shelter gassed 16 cats because they were overcrowded. I guess it was better to kill the cats than to let them live in a barn.



posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
Interesting ,So in your eyes due to the current global climate ,that excuses the mistreatment of animals?

Is this your point?


Jims post below yours sums it up to some extent.

The point where I was coming from was not an endorsement to abuse animals...its showing how messed up we are to focus on animals while we go out and kill each other in wars.

We treat animals better than we treat each other.
Drop the rifles, walk away from the wars, let the government leaders duke it out themselves...then worry about the rat. (and as Jim pointed out, stop feeding it to the snake.
)

Peace

Dalen

oh, about the mistreatment of animals...I believe if you look at PETA they have/had a video about the mistreatment of chickens sent to KFC...all the people going to "KFC" are guilty of the crime also I suppose as they partake in the crimes committed against the chickens.

You see my point? Im not saying be cruel to animals, but we can spiral into the an abyss of detail while over looking each other. Kind of like Jesus said you see the speck in your neighbors eye, but not the tree in your own.


[edit on 7-9-2006 by dAlen]



posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I think the real problem is that mice and rats are gateway rodents.

Sure first he's just biting the head off of rats, that's how it starts then he's biting the head off a large hamster or maybe a gerbel but then that's not enough so before you know it he's munching on beavers (snicker at will) and freebasing Cabybaras...if I've seen it once I've seen it a thousand times. Sad very sad.

Heaven help us if he switches to primates.

Spiderj



posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
I think the real problem is that mice and rats are gateway rodents.

Sure first he's just biting the head off of rats, that's how it starts then he's biting the head off a large hamster or maybe a gerbel but then that's not enough so before you know it he's munching on beavers (snicker at will) and freebasing Cabybaras...if I've seen it once I've seen it a thousand times. Sad very sad.

Heaven help us if he switches to primates.

Spiderj






Thanks, needed the laugh!



posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
No problemo, thought the thread could use a bit of levity.

Always happy to make someone laugh.

Spiderj



posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen
The point where I was coming from was not an endorsement to abuse animals...its showing how messed up we are to focus on animals while we go out and kill each other in wars.

Dalen

oh, about the mistreatment of animals...I believe if you look at PETA they have/had a video about the mistreatment of chickens sent to KFC...all the people going to "KFC" are guilty of the crime also I suppose as they partake in the crimes committed against the chickens.

[edit on 7-9-2006 by dAlen]


The world may be messed up but why not still care for animals?

Whats does KFC have to do with my outlook I'm English.



posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I'd eat a Peta Member given the chance, the body requires proteins, and they look full of them.


/touches his canine and incisor teeth

chea.

ps: PETA is for retarded rich kids, with nothing better to do other than be totally guppy.


MMM BEEF I LOVES IT!!!! I'll be eating a cow tonight.


stop murdering all those damn plants! Trees having feelings too!



red meat caused our brains to grow, well unless you believe some magical guy made us out of dirt.


enzymes
Any of numerous proteins or conjugated proteins produced by living organisms and functioning as biochemical catalysts.



posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
No offence jim but umm if your neighbor decided to bite the head off a dog would you not be a tad worried?

I myself would be worried like hell if someone like that lived near me.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join