It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Cats?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Can anybody explain this strange picture? I cant think of many ways a cat could get wings...But this picture seems quite real.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   
My feeling is its a deformed cat with legs growing in the wrong place. Poor thing. They should have put her or him out of its misery.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It does look quite old. The pic not the cat

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   
~I have also seen this picture before. Yes this could be a simple deformality, yet if it were a cross-breed of a bird and cat, dont you think the cat would have a little more then the wings for a bird? But genetics can play tricks.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It looks like the thing grew 3 damn tails
poor thing.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The so-called "Wings" look darker then the rest of the fur on the cat, don't they? Not only that, but they look more like two extra "Tails", not at all like wings. The fur covering them also looks too "Perfect" to be real. Notice the fur on the rest of the cat, the poor thing is a bit mangy, but yet it's "wings" look like they have been brushed.

Take it from someone who has a grandmother with 3 cats, me and my allergies speak from experience.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This is a pic of a cat being teased by being poked by those two fuzzy gizmos. Look at it's expression? Are y'all a bit credulous or what?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by herm
This is a pic of a cat being teased by being poked by those two fuzzy gizmos. Look at it's expression? Are y'all a bit credulous or what?

I like this explanation better.

Must have a nice temperment though. Most cats don't take too kindly to being messed with. At least, none I've ever seen.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   
haha..good pic. Hardly a flying cat though. There have been several research projects into trying to get cats to grow several different limbs. They did get them to grow extra eyes, legs, and tails too. What would strike me as odd though, how would they fly with only such small wings/tail looking things?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   
looks like a rare deformity.....poor kitty

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I don't know what people are so suprised about, flying cats are common..

Just swing them by their tails and let go!!!!

True fact. You cannot kill a ct by dropping it, as they never reach a "teminal" velocity, all that happens is their jaw bresk when they hit the ground....

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   
That does look like 2 featheres, and a cat/bird Hybrid. No way.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:30 PM
link   
www.straightdope.com...

"There was a Discovery Channel special on this a while back. The truth is, after a few floors it doesn't really matter [how far the cat falls], as long as the oxygen holds out. Cats have a nonfatal terminal velocity (sounds like a contradiction in terms, but most small animals have this advantage). Once they orient themselves, they spread out like a parachute. There are cats on record that have fallen 20 stories or more without ill effects. As long as the cat doesn't land on something pointy, it's likely to walk away."

You're thinking: no freaking way. But the believers trot out a 1987 study from the Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association.

Two vets examined 132 cases of cats that had fallen out of high-rise windows and were brought to the Animal Medical Center, a New York veterinary hospital, for treatment. On average the cats fell 5.5 stories, yet 90 percent survived. (Many did suffer serious injuries.)

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:33 PM
link   
more ...

I got another note telling about some moron who dropped (a) a cat and (b) a chicken out of a Cessna at 800 feet to see what would happen. The cat survived. The chicken didn't.

What a terrible thing to do to a chicken! Was it already cooked when they dropped it?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Here kitty kitty

It sounds illogical, but I suppose its possible. And for the record, I agree, looks like fake things those two people are holding so it looks like they are attached.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 01:38 AM
link   
A cross between a cat and a chicken?! who said that?

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
I don't know what people are so suprised about, flying cats are common..

Just swing them by their tails and let go!!!!

True fact. You cannot kill a ct by dropping it, as they never reach a "teminal" velocity, all that happens is their jaw bresk when they hit the ground....

work on your pitch. it's all in the wrist.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I havent read thr0ugh these posts as i have not time so i hope this hasnt already been answered.

The cat in teh picture was found and kept as a pet in a fadctory in Manchester UK (my home town).

For mahy years people thought these were winged, they are actually called wings but it is not true.

They are actually deformed somewhat, the skin stretches (i forget why the stretch inb that area) on teh shoulder blades to give the impression of being wings.

Actually, i think there is muscle in them too because there have been sightings of teh cat moving the "wings"

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:59 AM
link   
kool, thanks. Poor kitty.....

how did u find out?

new topics

top topics

join