It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miller Beer Supports Illegal Immigration????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Apparently Miller Brewing has had their hands slapped for supporting communist groups and illegal immigration in Chicago.....

www.jsonline.com
Washington - Opposition to Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner's immigration bill led one Chicago group to launch a boycott of Miller Brewing Co. this month because Miller is a Wisconsin company that has made contributions to the GOP lawmaker.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I am just a bit disgusted..... Can't come up with words that I can write here to describe this.

Related News Links:
www.boycottmiller.com

[edit on 7-9-2006 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Miller Beer? Miller Beer? Sorry, I think I'll stick to a real beer like Sam Adams or Guinness, I find even the thought of the taste of Miller suddenly ... unamerican.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I was surprised too. I figured Corona or Dos Equis would've supported illegal immigration...who knew?

As was said earlier...Guinness is the only real beer anyway.

All hail Guinness!

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I think that maybe you might have gotten the wrong impression from the article. I believe Sensenbrenner doesn't support illegal immigration. From what I got from the article is that the Hispanic community in Chicago is ticked off because Miller donated money to a politician that doesn't support illegal immigration, not the other way around.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
Apparently Miller Brewing has had their hands slapped for supporting communist groups and illegal immigration in Chicago

What? Where the hell did you get anything out of that article stating that Miller supports communist groups?

And regarding your statement that Miller is supporting illegal immigration... To summarize for you...They contributed to Sensenbrenner's campaign in '04 (before the immigration issue) and recently were boycotted by immigration groups because Sensenbrenner has been promoting bills recently against illegal immigration. So now Miller, under pressure, has taken out ads in support of the immigration groups. They haven't had their hands slapped (yet).

Man, you really need to re-read that article.

As for my opinion, I love Miller beer. My fridge is stocked full. However, I will be writing them as soon as I'm done here to inform them that I'm tossing the $hit in the trash because they are against legislation to crack down on illegal immigration. I'm not buying products from a company that condones the illegal entry of foreigners into the United States.

I thought I'd never say this but "GIMME A BUD!".

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Ok. I changed my mind. I simply can't just throw out all that good beer. But I have to get rid of it somehow. Hmmm... What to do, what to do.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Miller was never a very good beer. So boycotting them will be extremely easy. I like Negra Modelo, but I think it's made in Mexico and imported legally.

But I don't know how to boycott the mayor of NYC, Mr.Blookberg, who seems to support the illegal activity aka illegal immigration. So unbecoming for a mayor.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Hey MechEng! I only live about 30 minutes away. I'll be right over to help you solve the dilemma of finishing off all that beer...

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Sounds good. Another thing I was thinking... Do I now have to boycott the Brewers because they play in Miller Park?

I don't know. I love Miller Beer. Maybe we should just open the boarders and let the illegals stay.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Meh, the Brewer's suck anyway. Boycotting them wouldn't be all that hard. I've already boycotted them before for having their garbage cans so full that when it rained all the garbage plugged up the drainage therefore flooding my car. I took pics of the damage and of the plugged up drains and sent them my bill for having to clean up the car. They wouldn't pay for it, the bums.

Anyway, I digress....sorry to have hijacked the thread

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
My uncle John actually owns part of miller. it has certian districts where it distributes. i dont remeber what the buisness term is called. all i know is that he is the head off all the distribution, sales, etc etc...in the northern illinois, southern wisconsin, and indiana. and when i read this i was not happy. im going to speak with him and ask him his take on it. considering i know that he is not for illegal immigration AT ALL. him and my dad get on these rants all the time because it bothers them so much. they cant stand the problem. anyways, i will get back to you after i talk to him.

digitalgrl

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I don't drink domestic beer anyway (bud, coors, miller)...

Gimme a belgian ale! Those Trappist Monks brew some RAD beer!

new topics

top topics

join