It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question On jokes section

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Well i have a few racial jokes on ALL the racess, they are kinda dirty but really funny.

Is it posible to still post them with a worning or will it be to offending?

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Mate,

I'd say it would be offending, by races do you mean the races of the human genre?

Take care and peace,
- Nazgarn

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Well, there's some pretty racial stuff there anyway, but who really cares? Race issues are a thing of the past down here (mostly, apart from those ****heads up north), and it's BTS, where anything goes. Post em, I say. I could do with a laugh.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Hi Vitali,

I would recommend not posting those jokes.

From the T&C,

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

But thanks for asking first.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
i would say NO!!!

firstly its got to be against the T&C

and secondly , the " defence " of , well they are :

racial jokes on ALL the racess

does not cut it , at least no with me .

an insult or humiliation shared is NOT an insult or humiliation lessened in any way

the invividual ethnic target of each invividual joke will still take umbrage

they gain no solace or comfort from the fact that others are also in the firing line

it is a bad analogy , but compare it to physical violence ,

is a punch in the face any less painfull or more welcome when it lands on the end of your nose , just because prior to you recieving it , a chinese man , a negro and jew were punched , and you know that a moslem , an indian and frenchman will recieve the same punch after you ?

no ? well then . i rest my case

[edit on 7-9-2006 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
well dont have to be that offended, i kinda dont mind racial jokes knowing they are just JOKEs, but i shared them with one of the mods and he rated them as a BIG NO
well should have know tbh.

Anyways ty for a fast reply!

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
That's one of the things I miss about Hawaii. Racial jokes are the norm there. The only people that get offended are the new folks that just moved there. When the Filipinos, Koreans, Japanese, Whoever were brought there to work sugar cane, they would sit around at night in their own groups. Well they slowly started talking, and couldn't really find anything in common to talk about, until one day they started telling jokes about themselves. Since then, it's become the norm there, and the racial problems are damn near nonexistant. You hear stories about them sometimes, but that's all they are. It's VERY rare to have racial problems in Hawaii.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I would say nah,
We know that your not trying to offend anyone but it is against the T&C,
and Racisim is ignorance Thuse I guess it would be denied

TRw

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
You see this is why I find the world a very SAD SAD place these days..

The fact that EVERYONE takes offence in some proportion to jokes in any form sort or description..

You cannot joke against English Irish or Scottish
Blacks. Indians,Ethnics

Able bodied/disabled/mentally disabled

Religion Creed or Colour

But you know the SADDEST thing about this..

NO ONE. really gives a flying fig..

I was brought up in a time of EXTREME prejudice that was belittled by programs such as ''love thy neighbour'' ''mixed blessings'' ''Mind your language'' ''Some like it hot mum''

and chracters like..

Alf garnett
Old steptoe
Tony hancock... etc

They were actually the pioneers that brought down the barriers of racism by subjecting the ''bigot'' in the show to ridicule and he almost always ended up being the ''bad guy'' and ultimately had the joke on him..

People these days are being far too ''politically correct'' to remember who the actual joke is on..

SAD SAD SAD..

Sorry but have a nice BORING life guys

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
In my oppinion joking about problems is a way of handling them, there is a difrence if you do it :

At chool saying hey fatso and every one is laughing and degrading you or:
At a commedy factory when you make fat jokes and people just can laugh at difrencess.

I listened to Steven Lyphant, (not sure if spelling is corect) but he has this song about special Olimpics..and I'm sorry i got a hip problem i'm just 24 years old but soon i'll have a hip replacement and I can join the olimpics myself, but i CAN still laugh about it instead of cry and feel sad.....i mean wat are jokes about?

jokes are all about difrencess.

But i do agree that the jokes I had in mind where really far off but still funny and i had like a whole prep[aration layed out.....so people would know that its all about predjeduses..

Well pardon my frensh ^^ (the spellling that is)

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitali
In my opinion, joking about problems is a way of handling them, there is a difference if you do it : and I'm sorry i got a hip problem i'm just 24 years old but soon i'll have a hip replacement and I can join the olympics myself, but i CAN still laugh about it instead of cry and feel sad.....i mean what are jokes about?

You know what.. While I hope this doesn,t sound patronising.. you are exactly the kind of person I love to spend time with..

My ex girlfriend and her family were quite famous in the UK as they were''unfortunate/rare'' to have osteo perosis ( sure I havent spelt it right either lol) passed down from her father to two sisters to her daughter. As i believe it is not generally hereditery..

Her sister was THE most amazing funny girl I EVER came across.. she was in a wheelchair as her bones had lost the density required to carry her weight walking.

She blagged/conned her way backstage to concerts such as bitty maclean/wet wet wet/ simply red etc on her pure audacity.. Had her picture taken with almost every celebrity that toured the UK....

and we have the audacity to label them as DISABLED???????????

I mean c,mon... she could kick the living crap out of most people I ever met intellectually..

I used to carry her on my back upstairs to shows I did all over NE uk..

I can say for one.. I never once got embarrased except for other people who looked ''sorry'' for her..

Hey life sucks sometimes... get over yourself...
We used to make jokes between ourselves that other people were HORRIFIED to overhear.. HUH???

The ONLY thing guaranteed in life is that.... YOU ARE GOING TO DIE!!..

When people accept that and start actually living.. I will be a happy happy man:up

I willl happily die of any affliction whatsoever..I have belief..it doesn,t scare me..What scares me is never being able to enjoy myself because some self appointed do-gooder has deemed it politically incorrect for people to take the piss out of whatever i have

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Since vitali got the answer to his/her question, I think we can close this thread.

new topics

top topics

join