It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A film alleging U.S special forces killed over 3000 Afghans detainees and buried them!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   
According to this, military working for the U.S put afghan people who had surrendered into near air-tight containers and packed them into trucks where they were drove to a camp and mass exterminated. Two witnesses are already dead now that a U.N backed investigation is being pressed. Read it for yourself and watch the movie!

www.democracynow.org...

(Mod edit: Changed title due to problems with substantiation. Original title:

A film showing U.S special forces killed over 3000 Afghans detainees and buried them!!!

The film does not purport to show actual killings. Technically, it doesn't claim U.S. special forces actually did all the killing, either, but I don't think I could add that in without making the title excessively cumbersome. --Majic)

[edit on 9/9/2006 by Majic]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Sounds like a load of bull to me. Why would the US exterminate 3000 taliban fighters when they could be interrorgated in gitmo? doesn't make sense to me.

How not surprising, video doesn't work. =/

[edit on 9/7/06 by pugachev]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
If I recall, that the incident happened is not really in question, the US .mil admitted it a while ago. The explanation was that supposedly noone realized the containers were airtight and it was accidental. I think the casualty count is in question however.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
if they were real taliban fighters and devout muslims.. Wheres the problem here?

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
LOL.

So it's OK to kill prisoners en masse as long as they're "devout Muslims"?

Charming.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
its not like they do anything positive for the rest of the world.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Then again, apparently neither do you.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
If I recall, that the incident happened is not really in question, the US .mil admitted it a while ago. The explanation was that supposedly noone realized the containers were airtight and it was accidental. I think the casualty count is in question however.

Can you help me find a link on this? I'm not denying it I just wan't to read on it some.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Oh this is Old News...

Afghan Massacre

AFGHAN MASSACRE – the convoy of DEATH’ tells of how American special forces took control of the operation, re-directed the containers carrying the living and dead into the desert and stood by as survivors were shot and buried.

And it details how the Pentagon lied to the world in order to cover up its role in the greatest atrocity of the entire Afghan War. This is the documentary they did not want you to see.

Were U.S. troops in Afghanistan complicit in a massacre?

According to Doran, of the approximately 8,000 Taliban prisoners taken after the fall of Kunduz in late November 2001 to Gen. Rashid Dostum, around 5,000 are unaccounted for. He says he's filmed eyewitnesses testifying that many of those prisoners suffocated in the metal containers used to transport them between Qala-I-Zeini fortress and Sherberghan prison, and that Northern Alliance troops fired into the containers, killing and wounding other prisoners. One witness claims that an American officer ordered the bodies dumped in the desert of Dasht-I-Leili, and that living people were taken there as well and executed. Furthermore, Doran says he has witnesses claiming to have seen American special-forces soldiers torturing prisoners who made it to Sherberghan.

Mass graves raise questions in Afghanistan

The discovery of numerous mass graves, filled with bones and skulls, raises questions about exactly what happened to prisoners after they were captured last November in the northern city of Konduz by the U.S.-backed forces of Northern Alliance Gen. Adbul Rashid Dostum.

The ground around Mazar-e-Sharif offers abundant evidence of mass death. In May, investigators with the Boston, Massachusetts-based group Physicians for Human Rights examined a grave in Dasht-e-Leili and said hundreds of victims had been dumped there.

Physicians for Human Rights Calls for End to Stalling of Investigation into Afghan Mass Graves; urges UN Security Council to Authorize Commission of Inquiry

Physicians for Human Rights (PHR) today condemned the refusal of the US Government, the Afghan government, and the United Nations to secure and investigate the mass grave site at Dasht-e Leili, near Sheberghan in northern Afghanistan. It demanded an immediate comprehensive criminal investigation under the auspices of a Commission of Inquiry sanctioned by the U.N. Security Council to determine the number of bodies in the grave, the circumstances of their deaths, and the likely perpetrators-all essential to begin the process of accountability.

In early 2002, PHR discovered and forensically examined the site, which revealed a recently formed mass grave in an area where witnesses said the bodies of a large number of Taliban prisoners (who surrendered at Kunduz to Northern Alliance forces in late November 2001) had been deposited and buried. In May 2002, the UN seconded two PHR forensic experts, including the director of its International Forensic Program, William Haglund, Ph.D., to undertake a preliminary investigation of the site.

Reports of mass graves of Taleban militia

Amnesty International is concerned about reports in the international media that up to 2,000 bodies have been recently discovered from mass graves in northern Afghanistan. The corpses which were in various stages of decay were reportedly those of the Taleban militia who had been despatched to capture the city of Mazar-e Sharif last May. They are reported to have been killed deliberately and arbitrarily while in the custody of General Abdul Malik, an anti-Taleban military commander in control of the area at the time, and buried in some 20-30 mass graves near the city of Shebarghan in the northern province of Jowzjan.

Such killings would be in contravention of international humanitarian law which establishes minimum standards for the protection of individuals in situations of armed conflict. In particular, Common Article 3, which appears in all four Geneva Conventions of 1949 and applies to all parties to an internal conflict, clearly defines the people to whom its protection is extended:

"Persons taking no active part in the hostilities, including members of armed forces who have laid down their arms and those placed hors de combat by sickness, wounds, detention or any other cause..."

SEE THE MOVIE CLIP HERE!

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This is pretty much a load of BS. Its true back in the past that the Taliban and the North Alliance have use such methods against each other but that don't mean some 3000 prisoners were killed and that U.S. Special Forces that were there were complicit with this crime.

www.rawa.org...

Read this carefully, its long but would keep you interested on this event, not to mention would help you have a very good idea as to what really happened before you judge this yourself.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This is just one of many stories out there. Atrocities happen in Iraq EVERYDAY. They will stop when Americans leave. Its pretty simple. People are rebelling against an occupational force, soldiers who have returned from duty have already confided that they had no quams about who they killed, they killed pretty much any Arab they saw, as they were considered "enemy combatants" and "insurgents".

Think about it, if the Iraqis came and invaded America, wouldnt you fight back against them? Well so would Iraqis, and they are.

But the news says "oh they are insurgents. Insurgents are being killed, not civilians." Not true.

Almost 50,000 CIVILIANS have been killed by military intervention in Iraq since this "noble" war started in 2003.

Iraq Body Count

And, not only that, but Americans are killing more than double the number of civilians that so-called "terrorists" are killing.

More Iraqi civilians killed by US forces than by Insurgents, data shows

Remember, they are just reporting the data. Facts dont lie. Governments do.

What did these people ever do to you? What did the Iraqi people ever do to America? Your government admits they had absolutely nothing to do with 911, so why are you guys in there slaughtering them? Saddams gone, why are you guys still there?

Time to start asking some moral questions here. War is never the answer. It just creates more negative energy that will be imprinted on the earth plane which will have to be cleared some day. When will you people learn?

[edit on 7-9-2006 by AscendedMaster]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
it probably did happen,but we may never know the truth until more evidence is set forth

[edit on 7-9-2006 by littlebird]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Oh my god. This is the best thread ever. The US has done soem bad things, but this is the biggest pile of BS I have ever seen.

You can choose to believe anything you want.

And I am choosing to believe that if you can fall for this then you are will believe anything that is against the USA just out of hate.

I am still in shock of this crap.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
You don't sound anywhere near shocked enough. You think Physicians for Human Rights, Amnesty International and the Iraqi Health Ministry just made this "crap" up "out of hate"? :shk:

edit: removed quote.

[edit on 9/7/2006 by mythatsabigprobe]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Hmm the title of the thread reads "A film showing U.S special forces killed over 3000 Afghans detainees and buried them!!!" which is false information.

The only link to any video at all is from youtube posted by another poster the link posted by the author does not workagain Duh

Even the link to youtube shows no one being killed at all duh. All it does is show allegations made by others alleging it took place.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Hey sry I'm new at this, but still the point is the U.S is mass murdering as many as possible over in the middle east by any means. This is just one.
And p.s I said the video says that the afghans were killed. You thought it was a death video and are disappointed you should've read the title.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trauma
Hey sry I'm new at this, but still the point is the U.S is mass murdering as many as possible over in the middle east by any means. This is just one.

There is no proof of mass murdering, they are nothing but allegations.

And p.s I said the video says that the afghans were killed. You thought it was a death video and are disappointed you should've read the title.

No didn't, what you stated was and again I repeat the title again which YOU wrote!

"A film showing U.S special forces killed over 3000 Afghans detainees and buried them!!!"

Kindly note it says a film showing which it does not do.

[edit on 9/7/2006 by shots]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Benefit Of The Doubt

I think it's reasonable for members to be skeptical of these claims, but I think it is also incumbent upon us to look into them.

I don't know if these allegations are true or not, but -- and I'm speaking as a member here, not as a moderator -- if hundreds or thousands of prisoners died in this manner, that is NOT "okay". :shk:

In particular, I would like to point out that whether or not a human being is "useful" to the rest of the world is irrelevant, and that no one, for any reason, should ever be permitted to slaughter prisoners of war.

That would be an atrocity, and if U.S. forces are committing such atrocities, I want to know -- and I'm certain other ATSers want to know, too.

Unfortunately, many of the sources which push such stories have been shown to be liars and propagandists, which -- tragically -- muddies the waters and obscures the truth.

Providing information from credible and verifiable sources would help us all to Deny Ignorance.

If any member can substantiate these claims, I promise (this time as a member of the senior staff) to make it worthwhile.

[edit on 9/7/2006 by Majic]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Benefit Of The Doubt

I think it's reasonable for members to be skeptical of these claims, but I think it is also incumbent upon us to look into them.

I don't know if these allegations are true or not, but -- and I'm speaking as a member here, not as a moderator -- if hundreds or thousands of prisoners died in this manner, that is NOT "okay". :shk:

In particular, I would like to point out that whether or not a human being is "useful" to the rest of the world is irrelevant, and that no one, for any reason, should ever be permitted to slaughter prisoners of war.

That would be an atrocity, and if U.S. forces are committing such atrocities, I want to know -- and I'm certain other ATSers want to know, too.

Unfortunately, many of the sources which push such stories have been shown to be liars and propagandists, which -- tragically -- muddies the waters and obscures the truth.

Providing information from credible and verifiable sources would help us all to Deny Ignorance.

If any member can substantiate these claims, I promise (this time as a member of the senior staff) to make it worthwhile.

I agree with Majic on this, thus we need the scholars to write a investigation piece on this story. I saw the film of this wayback not sure if it was democracyKnow or a pbs series on the taliban. Not much you can do about it now, but something happened. Americans wonder what is going on with our military and the people that lead them. It's our money in taxes that fuel them and such things as these, checks and balances are not there any more. People have been brainwashed so much with hate because of so called terrorists that anything with a towel on the head is a target.
It too bad that hate has to enter everywhere we go, but thats the times we live in!
Just think how you would feel if invaders enter your country, changed things to suit them and chained you in trailer van and forgot about where they left you!

[edit on 9/7/2006 by Majic]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Alright I used a bit of improper grammar there sorry I should have said "..a film showing that..."
But really what about the U.N's supposed investigation?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join