It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone ever felt the pulse of the sun?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   
This may not be the right forum, but I can't imagine where else to go with it, so I'll give it a go.

The experience may sound kind of weak, but I'm going to share anyway because it had such a profound impact on me.

I was working a night shift and driving a long drive home. The sun was brilliant in the sky and I was in a semi-meditative state. Pondering the meaning of life (Ha, Ha) when I looked toward the sun I felt/saw a "light ball" of the sun travel to me and enter my heart area. I felt it pulsate through me. Actually I felt it enter my body and then exit my body and return to it's source, the sun.

I choose the word pulsate because a pulsation generally seems to emanate and then retract, which is what happened.

Doesn't sound like much, maybe, but it has always remained in my consciousness as something meaningful.

Anybody else had a similiar experience, or an explaination?

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Yeah, drugs will do that to you!

No, seriously that was a joke. I only took notice of your post because I have been seeing a lot of dreams and personal experiences taking shape lately of people noticing something is up. So with that, I really want to know how recently did this happen?

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Yours is an interesting story, i decided to google and see if I can find anything similar to your experience. I found a website that while looks and sounds gimicky, tells of people who believe that the sun can give you healing powers(or something).

From the Site,

This is a straight-forward yet effective method based on solar energy, which enables one to harmonize and recharge the body with life energy and also invoke the unlimited powers of the mind very easily.

Apparently one of the ways that they gain the sun's healing rays is by actually staring at the sun(which is called sun gazing), they say that their is a time where you can look at the sun and get the minimal or no amount of sun damage. What happened to you sounds alot like what they are claiming to be a natural process from the sun that can heal mind and body.

I could not find any credible science articles to back up this website's claim though
www.solarhealing.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I can personally attest to the healing aspects of the sun or should I say rejuvenative capabilities. I have really bad arthritis for a man of 25 yet every morning I sit outside and watch the sun come up and all my pain goes away. When I was little I heard that staring at the sun will make you go blind so I tried it just to see (no pun intended). Well 15 years later I still stare from time to time and I have 20/20 vision. Though i will add that I never stare at the hot times of the day. But thats only because I get dizzy trying to look up for a while like that.
I only wish I could have an experience like you had. All that I ever get is a grey-ing of the world and shadows that shouldn't be there.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies, fellow ATSers I am very tired and will be back tomorrow to respond more fully!

Nite

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Ok this is weird, I was stumbling around various sites(using stumbleupon a firefox extension) and I found an article which talks about a guy who survived 130 days without anything but water and the SUN. (The same guy who is the teacher of the healing powers of the sun from the earlier website I mentioned).
www.solarhealing.com...

Ok this is a BIG WTF, in that it's a One in a Million chance that I would of stumbled on this site on the same night that I wrote the reply earlier in the thread, and about this guy. Is God or this guy trying to make me out to be a prophet or spread the miracles of what the sun can provide to people lol. TBH I don't know and this is just really weird for me.

Anyway back to the article, aparently I was wrong when I said that there was no scientific article to back up this guys claim cause I just found it. (Coincidence?!?)
Our own NASA Agency has invited Hira Ratan Manek to the U.S. to study him because, he has been able to live with just the water and sun to supply is daily nutritional needs. Hira has spent 130 days without food, it's a phenomenon that they can't explain and wanted to investigate fully.

Last June(2003), scientists from the US space agency verified that Manek spent 130 days surviving only on water, the report said.

Surviving on the Sun

You can't deny the importance when even NASA has acknowledged what he is saying is actually true. I would of made a seperate thread but decided to just continue with this one.

[edit on 7-9-2006 by Revelmonk]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Maybe this guy who is surviving on sunlight is experiencing some kind of photosynthisis process where he does actually use the light to into energy. Perhaps the sunlight has taught his body how to create it's own nurishment.
Or maybe he is transforming his physical body slowly into a body of light to transcend the realm of physical matter.

Wild speculation, I suppose we will have to wait for NASA to feed us the scientific ruling!

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Or maybe he's lying.
But I don't see why you would call something such as that "small"(Can't recall the exact word you mean)
What you experieced was something great. It's either ur eyes & mind were playing tricks on you, or it really happened.
If it did happen, I think that transcends all that we know.
What does transcend mean again?
Hahahahahahaha

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
ok you may all think im crazy! but im just goin on the edge and wingin it. but ok here it goes....
they say the eyes are the window to the soul..maybe that has somthing to do with why when you look at it you fell this way..i myself can add from experience..that at times i can litterally just gaze into the sun for minutes on end..it gives a warm feeling in my body..kind like the light is passing through my eyes into my body..sounds wierd but i cant really explain it except that way...do you ever wonder ..or have you ever had this experience...youd look up on a really bright sunny day and you just SNEEZE out of the blue...i think its the extra energy that built up so fast in your body you had to exert it on impulse cuz you couldnt handle that much build up in your body, of course im not saying any of this is true..nor could i prove it...just adding my two cents is all.
~Kiliker

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiliker30
...do you ever wonder ..or have you ever had this experience...youd look up on a really bright sunny day and you just SNEEZE out of the blue...

This is Autosomal Dominant Compelling Helio-Ophthalmic Outburst Syndrome (or ACHOO). Not kidding. Google it up. It affects about 25% of the population.

Ever been on the verge of a sneeze that just won't come? When I was growing up and that would happen, mom would say "stare at the light", and more often than not, I'd sneeze. I always attributed it to one of those mom things, more placebo effect than anything, but it's real enough to have a big long sciencey sounding name, so there you go.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Great feedback on my original thoughts on this.
Thanks to everyone of you.
Actually what it seemed like in my feeling being was that it entered me, took something, left something and returned to it's being. It was the coolest thing ever.
I wonder about sun flares, maybe it was something like that. The return part wouldn't jive out with that theory, though.

As far as Sun Gazing, I have read a bit on that, even tried it for a few days then moved on and forgot about it. One of the problems to trying new ideas is it seems if results aren't immediate we humans get sidetracked.

I really never thought of the Sun as God, but lately I sure am finding that alot of traditions do. The concept of light is very intriguing I must say.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
yes, definately felt that before... I've also felt it passing through my body...
I enjoy feeling the pulse from trees.. about 3-6 hours before the sun goes down, they seem to be more radiant.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

Doesn't sound like much, maybe, but it has always remained in my consciousness as something meaningful.

When did this happen? The sun may have just been a vehicle of perception. Does it feel like it has anything to do with our current situation?

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I believe there's definitely a connection between healing/ and the sun. I'ts proven that without exposure to sunlight for long periods of time many ppl become ill/ and more get depressed. Not to mention that the sun is a giant ball of electro-magnetic energy. We are mostly water,and our bodies function using electric signals coming from the brain. The brain is a huge electrical organ. So there is definitely a connection.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Pulse of the Sun? Try having a heat stroke running in Texas sun in August! Pounding headache

Seriously though, there is absolutely a connection between healing/ and the sun like Caravan said. For instance I believe it's Norway that as a nation has the highest suicide rate, definitely a connection in my opinion between the amount of sun light one receives and ones health. I know that I get moody when it's dark and rainy, and also get antsy when I'm stuck indoors when it's a beautiful day out, although it could just be hating my job.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
No, really........................

I know it sounds strange but it did indeed happen, the sun entered my body, and retracted and returned to it's source.

It felt like it left something and took something....

What can you say? You had to be there. I just thought that maybe some one else has had a similar experience.

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   

This may not be the right forum, but I can't imagine where else to go with it, so I'll give it a go.

The experience may sound kind of weak, but I'm going to share anyway because it had such a profound impact on me.

I was working a night shift and driving a long drive home. The sun was brilliant in the sky and I was in a semi-meditative state. Pondering the meaning of life (Ha, Ha) when I looked toward the sun I felt/saw a "light ball" of the sun travel to me and enter my heart area. I felt it pulsate through me. Actually I felt it enter my body and then exit my body and return to it's source, the sun.

I choose the word pulsate because a pulsation generally seems to emanate and then retract, which is what happened.

that sounds similar to a meditation technique used by taoists.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

In a book on spiritualism, a discarnate entity was asked if there was life within the sun. Its response was in the affirmative and that the sun was "opaque". In other words, there is no nuclear fusion reaction taking place in the sun's core. It appears that most of what we have come to know as truth is anything but and that we are likely the captives of some sinister forces that prevent us from reaching our full potentials.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

It isn't good to disparage or minimize your own experiences. In this case I'm not sure why you would as it sounds quite incredible. When I was younger and spring would come around, I'd lie in the grass absorbing the sunlight. It was rejuvenating after the cold winter. I've also had an experience similar to yours, but not involving the sun. I took it as a gift. Being touched in a way that left no doubt that it was meaningful in some way. Trust yourself and your instincts.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Thank you for responding to this old thread which didn't get much attention.

I don't in fact minimize the experience at all, as it was very distinct and I was actually physically penetrated by the rays or something emanating directly from the Sun.

The only way I can articulate the experience is to say that it entered my body, heart area...............comingled itself with my being and returned to whince it came.

I wish I knew what it meant.

I would like to hear about your experience if you feel like sharing

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join