It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do UFOs need lights?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I'm imagining a mini Aurora-Borealis around each craft. A mini light show every time their magnetic fields do different things.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I've seriously thought why this 'dumb-ass' idea of having
pulsing, strange colored lights occurs and it still confounds
me.

1. Lights... the humans that they anal probe can see them, nope.
2. Lights... an effect from their propulsion, ain't very advanced so
it would cause problem 1.
3. Lights... to alert other Aliens that they're landing. Hmm, the humans
would see 'em again.

Do the Aliens know we can see the lights?
The Dulce Base thing should have give them the heads-up.
The examinations on the cold-steel table should have indicated that
the subjects have eyes!
Maybe the lights belong to something else?
man-made aircraft, balloons with candles dangling below them, ad-blimps,
flares, atmospheric conditions or reflections from car headlights?
All these possiblities that could occur anywhere in the world, but we
always seem to 'arc' back to Aliens!

Either the so-called Aliens are letting us see them for an unknown
reason or... (sorry) they don't fly craft with lights on them.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I can yhink of no reason that UFO's have lights other than for allowing us to see them and avoid collisions. Thats not to say that UFOs are anything but strictly Unkowns.

The leap from Unkowns to aliens is a big jump without any real evidence.

The idea tahat aliens would travel many light years to steal a few cows assholes gives new meaning to takeout
Sorry I couldn't resist.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by docz
I can yhink of no reason that UFO's have lights other than for allowing us to see them and avoid collisions. Thats not to say that UFOs are anything but strictly Unkowns.

The leap from Unkowns to aliens is a big jump without any real evidence.

The idea tahat aliens would travel many light years to steal a few cows assholes gives new meaning to takeout
Sorry I couldn't resist.

Mods- this is a awesome post because it brings up some great questions. . .

1)

Originally posted by docz
I can yhink of no reason that UFO's have lights other than for allowing us to see them and avoid collisions.

What kind of insurance do the aliens have? Is it "NO FAULT"? Can they get GEICO? Because I know I can't in Massachusetts.

2)

Originally posted by doczThe idea tahat aliens would travel many light years to steal a few cows assholes gives new meaning to takeout
Sorry I couldn't resist.

Does the USDA have any voice in this, and do they plan to franchise?

Sorry I couldn't resist either. . .

I still think it all matters on who built them. Sorry for sliding off topic- Cudos docz!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Sure are a lot of comedians on ATS these days...

It's a shame most of them aren't even funny.

[edit on 8-9-2006 by firebat]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
So people know when they are backing up.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by firebat
Sure are a lot of comedians on ATS these days...

It's a shame most of them aren't even funny.

[edit on 8-9-2006 by firebat]

Sorry- My bad. . .

I still think the lights reported from individual accounts are probably from different sources with respect to the craft being either Terra, ET, Optical Anomaly, HOAX, etc. Again sorry for the bad humor. Time to sign off-

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

Originally posted by TruthCanHurt
I think maybe everyone is overlooking the obvious. Why do we use lights? To see better!

They can't be traveling very fast, then. Slower than light, at any rate.

If they were traveling faster than light, they'd bump into their own emitted photons. ...

Was the question, "why do they use lights when they're going faster than the speed of light?" I don't think they are going this fast when people see them.

I don't think anyone here can really comment on what you use to see when your going faster than light speed. But, according to Einstein, if you're going the speed of light then light still goes away from you at the speed of light. The photons you see are not standing still but going at the speed of light. Basically you can't catch up on light.

You see when you talk of speed it has no meaning unless you chose a reference point. Is my space ship approaching this star at high speed or am I standing completely still and this star is coming at me at high speed? Actually, both would be true. Is it a paradox? Well, yes and no It's simply the way the universe works.

The bigger question is what does this really mean? Does it mean that reality is only valid from your reference point. Well, yes.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Not paradox, point of view.

Who said UFOs need lights?

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Okay, assuming the aliens don't put them there just to look cool, I think they have a purpose.

If the aliens are extremely scientific, and see nothingin aesthetic design than they wouldn't put lights on a craft unless they had a reason right? So, if it's an after affect of engines, then it's not their fault - they just haven't figured out how to keep themselves from glowing.
If it's glowing from the inside, then it's obvious that they just need lights to see indoors.
If it's little flashing lights of different colors and shape on the outside of the craft.... who knows? But I bet it's there for a reason.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
To let us see them... it's not that hard of a question. If they didn't want to be seen then they wouldn't have any lights on them and they wouldn't illuminate themselves. They wouldn't even come into the atmosphere. You do realize that if they have craft that can travel at superluminol velocities they obviously have mechanisms that could give them all the knowledge they'd ever need from Earth at a distance. Not to mention telepathy and remote viewing type of things
They're trying to get you to believe... so accept it

[edit on 8-9-2006 by dgoodpasture]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies -- joking or not! -- to my original question.

Point taken on the plasma-type glows; I specifically meant the small flashing aircraft-type lights, which, in my opinion, are totally useless on a real UFO.

And as for wanting to be noticed... well... scenario 1: "Look Martha, an alien is trying so signal us with a light!" or scenario 2: "Look Martha, an alien has landed on the White House Lawn, in full view of worldwide TV cameras -- over to you Mr. President!"

Chaz.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zareste

This is an excellent point he very fact UFO's have lights at all means they cannot be aliens

I know the followers of the 'no aliens' cult are a few cans short of a six-pack, but you've got to be pulling our leg here.

I'm sorry. This struck me as so funny I can not stop laughing. Irony of ironies. Both sides think the other is nuts. Great environment for finding the truth.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   
It deals with propulsion nothing more than a fuse detonator.Highly charged particle waves.Light is a messenger.It makes the ship resonate at higher speeds/ light phases.Oh.. and the beams of light can create "light fusion" which could cure or implant you with stored information.They can turn physical matter into Spiritual matter, then back to physical matter.Almost like melting down a piece of metal and it conforming back to its original form.

[edit on 10-9-2006 by menguard]

[edit on 10-9-2006 by menguard]

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   

and the beams of light can create "light fusion" which could cure or implant you with stored information.They can turn physical matter into Spiritual matter, then back to physical matter.Almost like melting down a piece of metal and it conforming back to its original form.

Do you have any proof or evidence for this? This thread isn't really about outrageous claims that can't even come close to being substantiated. So please....

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chaz
Quick simple question: Why do UFOs need lights?

All those videos you see of a disk hovering, a light flashing on the top, bottom or side -- why?

Maybe to let us know that they are here?

I mean, it is highly unlikely that a top secret government plane that people want to remain a secret would turn on all the lights and fly over populated areas, right? Unless they desired to be seen.......

Perhaps that is a better question. If these abnormal aircraft are manmade, and posses advanced capabilities, why would they turn on the lights and fly over popluated or residential areas?

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
If the lights were necessary, they would have no choice.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
i can think of a few reasons they might emit visible light. visible light might be a side effect of the technology they use for their power supply, propulsion, or sensors.

in the few credible UFO cases, how do we know whether the craft cared if humans detected it or not? how do we even know it was under direct alien control? it's more likely that aliens sent a robot to survey our planet, in the same exact way that humans send robots to survey planets.

the "lights don't work at lightspeed" argument is a bust, but not for the reason people think. headlights would work normally at lightspeed. they would emit photons outward at light speed away from the light source, illuminating the surrounding area.

but spacecraft moving at that velocity would probably not want to navigate using this method. waiting for photons to fly out, reflect on something, and come back does not give you much advaced warning at light speed. pretty easy to fly into stuff i would think.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
No, nothing that is "materialistic" for the ego to say the Earth is flat, but more of a Spiritual Nature.Things are experienced in the spiritual before the physical.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chaz
Quick simple question: Why do UFOs need lights?

All those videos you see of a disk hovering, a light flashing on the top, bottom or side -- why?

I need a light on my car to see where I'm going so I don't hit anything. Does a vehicle that travels faster than light (so you won't even see the light because it got left behind!), or not so fast (to make sure it doesn't hit asteroids) or, even better, travels between dimensions or using wormholes (so it doesn't actually move physically)... why the need for lights?

I like the orb videos, the silver UFO disk videos, the vehicles that look like they just contain a few visitors but don't actually need to move.

Hate the black triangle videos (military), the laser strobe 70's disco UFOs (fake, for effect).

Any comments? Too simplistic a question?

Chaz.

I think they are like a submarine and use a navigation system that tells them
where they are. I mean they have no windows that we know of.

The lights are part of the propulsion. Light comes from electrons.
So if light is part of the propulsion, then the propulsion uses the electron.

Or a light is needed for something else.

Was it the Walton incident that showed a spotlight on the forest worker before
he was knocked out. That was a tv or movie and he had to say something to
let the whole experience pass.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join