It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat lovers, are you one?!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
AD, the new momma looks like my pretty boy...

Big Blue Misty (in the background) is my 4 year old female (her birthday is this month), and Floyd is the guy who chased a chipmunk in the house last summer and decided to stay and call this shack home. My dog Dude had died a few months earlier and I think his spirit sent Floyd to come watch out for us. (I've told that story a hundred times)

Then there's Baby. My little cutie pie,,,

[edit on 11-9-2006 by psyopswatcher]

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Does Bubbles find her way around the house ? (food, litter, etc...)
Does she depend on her nose and ears more than other cats ?
Does she ever go outside ?

bubbles finds her way around perfectly, just like any other cat, though you do have to keep things the same as she gets used to a certain way,

but she climbs up curtains, runs around and jumps up on things, even gets up on shelfs,

she knows words that we say like *bump* she will stop if we say that, or *Danger* she will stay still and know that i will come for her,

she depends on her nose yes, also her paws and whiskers,

Nope she cannot go outside on her own as she mahy get hurt,
but we do take her out every day for a supervised play, we are also building her a outside play area, so she can go and play out for a while ...

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Cat lovers will do anything for their animals, and your a prime example. I've had lame cats in my life that seem to soldier on through their adversity. They really show the instinct they have to survive, and they're often the friendliest cats you could have.

What lombozo did for the cat that was tossed away is another example,

Several years back I witnessed a cat being thrown from the window of a moving car on a fairly busy highway. I had 2 choices. Either save the cat, or chase down the S.O.B.'s who did this and beat them senseless. I stopped the car, got out, and picked up the cat.

And I'd have done the same.
To hell with the abuser, save the victim and hope the perpetrator pays later.

I have a picture I took just now with Gunner and the new kittens.
She looked up when I opened the box, but all the babies are asleep.
Even the ones attached to a nipple are sleeping, and the mother is so content and purring softly.

Let's see more pics people,
Show us your cats.............

We know you got em'

EDIT: my bbcode was showing.

[edit on 11/9/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
There are currently two cats running around the house, with a third one arriving later this week.

Scooter, the cat
Scamper, the kitten
Sparky, the soon-to-arrive kitten

For some reason all the cats' names start with 'S'. We've had Shadow, Smoky, Sandy, and Little Sister, who was Shadow's sister. They are all, unfortunately, deceased now.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
cats are delicious!

agreed, they almost taste like chicken. JOKE!

i would take a cat over a dog anyday. i used to have 2 cats but azrael has been missing for 3 weeks
she was very old, and she never came home one nite.

my kid says she is in heaven with her grandparents dog oliver. she is probably right.

my other cat is tigger , and for some reason since i was 5 i have had a cat named tigger. 3 different cats of course.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
We have 3...

All Female, two black and white one grey (the baby)

1. Mr Whiskers
2. Bandit
3. Pebbles (She is only about 6 weeks)

I'll post pics later

Semper

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I myself prefer cats over dogs myself because they're very polite and at the same time fun animals to have around the house. It's like dogs can't but to get our the way all of the time or something as they are only good for excercise and that's about it. I used to have a black cat of which was lots of fun and thankfully not too cute.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I sure am! Never used to like em actually, til we got our first my brother found on Christmas Eve 4 years ago. Here she is chillin in my lap a few days after we found her...

She has been known as Pookie ever since

And her today ...

And my other is named Leroy, I took him off my cousin's hands when they had a litter. He's my baby

Isn't this just the cutest thing ? Thought I'd share. I had it up on my desktop for a while there too, it's too cute!

[edit on 13-9-2006 by ImJaded]

[edit on 13-9-2006 by ImJaded]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Mates a huge thank you to you all for your posts here, Jesus so many beautifull cat pics
i had loved them all, especialy that ones of the "Pride mother", exelent fotos friend, and her kittys are just amazing
i wish the best for that "feline family"

i get the dig camera tonight so i will post mines tomorrow.
thx a lot to all for this great fotos and thx to share with us your lovely kittens

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
all look great but this one makes me speachless:

It's at the moment i see pics like that , that i belive nature is beatifull and some day we all will can live in peace with each others.

[edit on 15-9-2006 by Umbra Sideralis]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I've had many cats and I enjoyed them immensely, but I'm not into the way they chew up everything and mark their territory. Not all cats are as bad as others about the latter, but it really only takes once to really foul up your living quarters.

[edit on 2006/9/16 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I may have said before, but I have two young cats.

Meiko & Lucky

We picked up Meiko around Christmas of '05 at the local SPCA and brought him home. We walked in to the location and as we looked at several cats, he stuck his paw out and pulled my girlfriend into the cage. She broke into tears, and we called him our own immediately.

Lucky was abit of a different story. In the middle of January of '06 I was out walking late in the night. It was very cold out and as I walked past a few homes I noticed two baby kittens out in a snow bank. The two kittens noticed myself and a friend as quick as we noticed them. My heart broke but I assumed the owners were near by so I ignored for a moment and trucked on. About two pole lengths later, I noticed the two kittens were running towards us and almost crying. That was it for me, I picked the two of them up and called a taxi back to my apartment. I gave one to a friend and kept one for myself. A baby kitten in a snow bank in the middle of January was lucky to be alive, hence Lucky.

Its been about nine months now and I have the two of them. They are as much of a sook as I am. They lay & play together, and everytime they do something my girlfriend and I fall in love with them alittle more.

Lucky

Meiko

Place is alittle upside down because these pictures were taken in the middle of a move. Cuteness factor has not been adjusted though.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
my cat is still the realiest killah evar.

i seen her chill and a bird fly over and her jump like 10ft and knock it out'

she has no front claws

i came home 1 night and she was in fornt yard and was meowing hardcore and she was on top of 2 mice and she wasnt killing htem yet instead she was sucking on their .s

i used my cell phone for light and she moved and i had one run at me

i was wearing steel toe boots so i kicked that mofo straing in the skull and he died and she killed the other one as it fled

then

she bit the other one in half

i freakin

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 02:52 AM
link   
How about keeping that cat away from mine.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 04:30 AM
link   
*Edit, picture way too big, and I still don't know how to re-size them.

Say hello to my lil' fren'...

I'm not a cat person, but this cat is awesome. He's clumsy and bucket-.ed, and provides endless amusement for the whole household.

Well worth the investment in food and litter, to have a tiny orange clown on board.

Really though, I'm a dog person. If it weren't for the fact that this cat acts like a dog most of the time, I don't think I'd love him anywhere near as much. Cats are usually too prissy and aloof to be any fun. This one isn't though (I think he's actually the result of Tiger/Skunk cross-breeding, with the coloration and ferocity of a tiger, and the small frame and gas attack of a skunk), he's very un-cat, which is why we get along so well.

[edit on 17-9-2006 by WyrdeOne]

[edit on 17-9-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I've had a variety of different pets throughout my life; dogs, birds, fish, hamsters, guinea pigs, tarantulas, snakes but may favorite pets have always been cats. In fact my first pet was a cat. Thinking things over, I really can't think of a time when I have not a cat in my household.

I know that many pet owners, dog-owners especially, think of cats as being selfish and unable to express "love". Well, I have to disagree wholeheartedly. While dogs might be more demonstrative, it is difficult for me to think of a cat as being anything but loving.

My current cats; Madeline and Tippy have a routine that includes sitting in the window each day, waiting for me to drive into the driveway. Every night, Madeline hops into bed and she takes her place on the bed next to my .. All the while, she purrs and she occasionally reaches out with her paw to touch my face in the hope that I'll give her some "scratchies" behind the ears.

I love dogs and I intend on adopting another dog within the next few years to replace my faithful old friend Tara (who died a few years ago) but to live without a cat, even for a short time, is absolutely inconceivable to to me.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Mother and babies are doing well, the kittens are growing like crazy.

This is my old male Siam sniffing a kitten's butt.

He's not the dad, but he sure cares for them.

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Here is my cat...his name is Joseph, hes a drug addict who sits around the house all day harrasing anyone who walks past him.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

This is my old male Siam sniffing a kitten's butt.

He's not the dad, but he sure cares for them.

wow thats amazing. male adult cats used to be agressive towerds the kittys of others, some times they even kill them to make the female receptive again in order they can assure his descendecy(i hope this is understendble).

I am yet waiting for that jerk of my friend to give my camera back, grrrrrr,

a big aplause to all the exelent fotos posted here mates, thx a lot.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Collective

And he wears ladies underwear.......

That looks like a cat I want to get to know just for a glass of Smirnoff.
I see the bottle's full.

I have an update on my kittens.
They're rapidly becoming the black terror in my house.

From left to right it's Dozey, Scared, Bold, Trepidation and Curious.

I think they're forming a gang !!!
They Might Be Plotting Against Me...

I just hope the transition to their new homes doesn't start a mini rebellion. (very mini)

God forbid if I was raising anything bigger, like gorillas.................

Come to think of it, gorillas might be fun. :shk:

EDIT: sp

[edit on 16/10/2006 by anxietydisorder]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join