It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Spirituality & Materialism Separate Entities?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
In my view, if you live on the physical plane, both are essential & inseparable. To me, happiness & fulfilment is a combination of spiritualism & materialism.

Unfortunately many are brainwashed to believe materialism is evil. The result is people living in desperate poverty or those who attain it, waste it away out of unnecessary guilt or disrespect for it.

The fact is, on this earth plane, once you attain a very comfortable level of materialism, you have more free time to contemplate spiritualism.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   
According to Socrates and Aristotle, they are separate.

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I do believe I had this very discussion some time ago with my dear ATS companion. Rags or riches..which is more likely to be more spiritual? You can be very wealthy material/worldly wise and possess the most amazing spiritual capacity you are possibly capable of in this incarnation or existing carnations. Or you might have money/material wealth and lack altogether in the ole spiritual department. Same can be said for those who have nothing, but in actuality have everything.

Plus it all depends on an individual. I'm content with my material wealth, it's enough that I don't dwell on incoming bills or my next meal. I'm happy where I am financially, but of course, things could be better. This isn't the area of life where I decide fullfillments are..

My spirituality is where I decide..if there isn't enough time..I stop and make time

[Edited on 11/12/03 by magestica]

new topics

join