It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government & Industry To Use Computer Microphones To Spy On 150 Million Americans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   

PrisonPlanet

Invasive surveillance and advertising obliterates even Minority Report style technology.

Private industry and eventually government is planning to use microphones in the computers of an estimated 150 million-plus Internet active Americans to spy on their lifestyle choices and build psychological profiles which will be used for surveillance and minority report style invasive advertising and data mining.

Digital cable TV boxes, such as Scientific Atlantic, have had secret in-built microphones inside them since their inception in the late 1990's and these originally dormant devices were planned to be activated when the invasive advertising revolution arrived - 2006 marks that date.

Two way communications systems like OnStar also have the ability to tap into private conversations as Americans become increasingly conditioned, by means of the private sector, to having their every movement, web session and conversation tracked and catalogued by big brother.

Each time a new flash application requests permission to run on newer computers, you will notice that a privacy setting box pops up asking if the particular website you are surfing can access your microphone and webcam. Though the webcam is external, the microphone is internal and is a standard feature of all new models.

"The idea is to use the existing PC microphone to listen to whatever is heard in the background, be it music, your phone going off or the TV turned down. The PC then identifies it, using fingerprinting, and then shows you relevant content, whether that's adverts or search results, or a chat room on the subject," reports the Register.

Well I see that the Global Elite has many tricks up their sleeves to further establish the year 1984 Today, under the cover of so-called War on Terror-ism.

Are people REALLY that Stupid, that are being led to belive, that tapping into their own Private Life, without any Warrant or anything else LEGAL, is for their Own Protection?

Well...........

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Please demonstrate that there are secret built in microphones in cable tv boxes.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I was watching an interview on CBC the other night in regards to something similar, except it was Google listening to us through our built-in microphones, as to accumulate and understand an individuals interests and then be able to advertise to them specifically (via their searches, frequently visited websites AND what is heard through the microphone.) I'll do what I can to find a link and post it for you who would like to see the actual interview. This might freak some people out, however as long as you're aware, then it can just as easily be avoided.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I built my own PC, and I currently don't have a microphone installed.

Although I'm still worried. I've been told by someone before (with claims he works with this kinda stuff) that there are microphones hidden in a large amount of modern electronics these days, and the NSA already accesses them.

Anyway, perhaps that was just information about a project, ahead of its implementation.

Phone calls, internet chat, street cameras, there's really no way to hide from these people in while in cities or while using modern electronics.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I would also like you to prove that there are microphones in cable tv boxes or other electronics where they dont belong. Its not that I dont believe you its just that I would like to see some of the stuff

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Well, maybe no mics in PC's yet, but the major Communications Corporations (like AT&T, for example) are already lobbying the Government to be allowed to censor the Internet with their own specifications; In short, companies like AT&T will have the authority to determine what you can & cannot access on the 'net.

More info (& what's being done about it) is here, listed under "Save the Internet".

[edit on 10-9-2006 by MidnightDStroyer]

new topics

top topics

join