It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad New Debate Proposal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I found this very intriuging... a second call for debate and this time Ahmadinejad says Bush can bring his advisors.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad first proposed last month that he and Bush should debate, and the White House had dismissed the idea, saying it was a "diversion" from the concerns the international community has about Iran's nuclear program.

In a speech to a religious conference, Ahmadinejad said the U.N. would allow Americans and people around the world to watch and listen to such a debate without censorship, according to his official Web site.

In his latest overture, Ahmadinejad said Bush would be able to bring advisers to the debate.

news.yahoo.com...

Ahmadinejad must have something really good to say to allow bush to show up with his cast and crew. Is it possible Ahmadinejad actually has something important to say, maybe he really is reaching out to the world in a positive manner? hopefully the administration will take this debate request seriously. i think it would be politically neglegent not to hear him out on the worlds stage.

[edit on 9/6/2006 by bokinsmowl]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
apparently ahmadinejad made another veiled threat against bush/u.s. in that speech...

www.drudgereport.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
If they dont accept this debate in the UN, with prepared aids... it kinda shows the cowardess genre of the american administration.

COWARDS.. Cheating stealing, robbing, murdering, lying, greedy curropt officials of the United States Administration... It makes me sick..

I cant look at bush on tV any more without having a extreme sense of DISGUST.

The outright lies and devious acts by this administration is totally screwing up this planet, and any chance my childern, and there childern have at peace and prosperity on this planet.

That stupid F'n smirk on his face because he knows how badly he has duped the world into following him is patheticly low for a man of his low standings.

The time has come to remove this president, either by impeachment or by force.
Humanity relies on it.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by bokinsmowl
hopefully the administration will take this debate request seriously. i think it would be politically neglegent not to hear him out on the worlds stage.

The US is damned if they do and damned if they don't. It also translates into a win/win scenario for the Iranians. Iran wants status and by being taken seriously in a so-called "debate", Iran gets what they want. They will be seen as a world power in the eyes of the entire world because the President of the US is speaking with them directly. Instant status without publically admitting that they already have nuclear weapons.

If the US denies them this debate, they can easily say that the US is the aggressor because they will not even hear what Iran has to say and then becomes the underdog who has been oppressed by the big bad superpower who keeps everyone under their thumb and gains popularity and status the world for attempting to be a statesman.

Even if Bush gives a compelling debate which stirs the crowd into supporting his position, Iran will still declare a victory to the islamic world and still say thet the US is still oppressing them and causing all their woes.

Iran cannot lose in a "debate" no matter who "wins" and they know it.

Brilliant logic from an Iranian leader who posses the cult of personality. Does this mean he is a good guy? I seriously doubt his intentions are good. He wants to bring about a new Persian empire and an Islamic world government.

Personally, I don't see that as a good thing.

[edit on 7-9-2006 by xman_in_blackx]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
if you think that the iranian president is innocent and wants to just talk, YOU ARE IGNORANT AND NIEVE. on Glenn Beck tonight he talked about an islamic word. i forget how it was spelled and pronounced, but in islamic law it means, to lie to an enemy or ally, and sign any agreement or treaty in the benefeit of islam.

all this iranian nut case is doing right now, is lying and people are falling for it cough U.N. cough

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Too bad he didn't want to debate ATS and their ADVISOR.

Oh well, he obviously has a preference for those he can win against, what would that make his handi cap, say as in golf?

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by xman_in_blackx

Originally posted by bokinsmowl
hopefully the administration will take this debate request seriously. i think it would be politically neglegent not to hear him out on the worlds stage.

The US is damned if they do and damned if they don't. It also translates into a win/win scenario for the Iranians. Iran wants status and by being taken seriously in a so-called "debate", Iran gets what they want. They will be seen as a world power in the eyes of the entire world because the President of the US is speaking with them directly. Instant status without publically admitting that they already have nuclear weapons.

If the US denies them this debate, they can easily say that the US is the aggressor because they will not even hear what Iran has to say and then becomes the underdog who has been oppressed by the big bad superpower who keeps everyone under their thumb and gains popularity and status the world for attempting to be a statesman.

Even if Bush gives a compelling debate which stirs the crowd into supporting his position, Iran will still declare a victory to the islamic world and still say thet the US is still oppressing them and causing all their woes.

Iran cannot lose in a "debate" no matter who "wins" and they know it.

Brilliant logic from an Iranian leader who posses the cult of personality. Does this mean he is a good guy? I seriously doubt his intentions are good. He wants to bring about a new Persian empire and an Islamic world government.

Personally, I don't see that as a good thing.

[edit on 7-9-2006 by xman_in_blackx]

Good post

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I whole-heartedly agree with agit8dchop! your words ring true. The puppet=president that the Americans call Bush is more of a leader of a rogue state than Iran ever was - how many nations has Iran invaded? Yeah, they might support resistance movements here and there, but doesnt the USA support brutal regimes aswell?

How short our memories are - it was not too long ago that the US was supporting Saddam Hussein, supplying him with enormous amounts of chemical weapons to use against Iran and his own people.

How the USA turns a blind eye to the attrocities commited by the Saudi Royal Family because they are supposed ally, or should I say "oil supplier".

How the US turned a blind eye to the military coup in Pakistan that brought in Musharaf, who is surely on his last legs and the first Nuclear muslim nation is only another miitary coup away.

How the US turns a blind eye to North Korea, a country that boasts about its nuclear arsenal and has threatened to use it - but unfortunately, North Korea doesnt have the oil resources that America needs.

How the US and the UN let the massacre of civilians in Srebrenica in Bosnia occur under their watchful eye to enable them to then launch airstrikes against the serbs.

And how the US supports a 100% rogue state being Israel, who has disregarded more UN resolutions in their time than any oter nation on earth, who has illegally built nuclear weapons, and who constantly threatens and attacks neighbouring states. Maybe the US should read the UN charter again.

And last but not least, how the US president has duped the American public into beleiving that "Islamic Terrorists" had hijaked planes and sent them into various targets on 911, to justify their agenda, an agenda which will bring America to its knee's unless the public steps in and removes him, and re-asserts the contituions, and all that America and democracy once used to stand for.

I know that there are many patriotic americans out there, and they all need to see and understand the turth and act accordingly for it is their home country that is going down the drain andpulling the rest of the western world with it.

How much of the above points has Iran done lately? You work it out....

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Yeah, they might support resistance movements here and there, but doesnt the USA support brutal regimes aswell?

I love how you said the US supports brutal regimes but Iran supports resistance movements.

How short our memories are - it was not too long ago that the US was supporting Saddam Hussein, supplying him with enormous amounts of chemical weapons to use against Iran and his own people.

It was to be used against Iran, not his own people. He used them against his own people.

I agree with everything else and don't think Iran is a threat and I don't care if they have a nuclear weapon. But, Iran has done bad things, both countries are wrong. They don't have the capability to do what the US and other countries such as Britain does (how short people's memoris are when it talks about England).

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

Oh well, he obviously has a preference for those he can win against, what would that make his handi cap, say as in golf?

As good of a debater as you are ADVISOR; I think that, even you, would have your hands full. Not because of Ahmadinejad; but rather because of our completely screwed up foriegn policy in the region for the past sixty plus years.
It is the topic that we cannot win on. While Iran has its own share of hypocrisies; we do as well and on a much larger scale. Especially if all the real facts about what we have done were known.

Also, a live debate with whomever, would almost garauntee(i would hope) that there wouldnt be censoring of the debate... which IMO would not go well for the US. I say this because I believe alot of the translations that come out of Iran go through Israel before the American press. There may be deliberate mistranslations coming out of there. Unfortunately we just dont know. At least I dont...lol.

I do know that Ahmadinejad has every right to want to have discourse with Bush.. For better or worse he IS our leader...and as such he must ACT accoridingly.. if its too much for him then maybe he should considered another occupation. I am surely not saying I am fit for the job(but I would be willing to try...
). I am saying that If we are so righteous and the "truth" is on our side why not take him up on it...because on alot of issues "truth" is anything but on our side.

But like I said at the end of the day;both country's leaderships need to take a long hard look in the mirror. And I mean a real, long, hard look in the mirror. Because both are sooooo hypocritical that it is beyond comprehension. Both speak of freedom and havnt the slightest idea of what that really means. Freedom for Iran is doing what the religious run govt tells you to. And Freedom for the US is Corporate freedom.... not personal freedom(with self governing responsibility, of course).

Thank you for your time,

TONE23

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
I whole-heartedly agree with agit8dchop! your words ring true. The puppet=president that the Americans call Bush is more of a leader of a rogue state than Iran ever was - how many nations has Iran invaded? Yeah, they might support resistance movements here and there, but doesnt the USA support brutal regimes aswell?

How the USA turns a blind eye to the attrocities commited by the Saudi Royal Family because they are supposed ally, or should I say "oil supplier".

How the US turned a blind eye to the military coup in Pakistan that brought in Musharaf, who is surely on his last legs and the first Nuclear muslim nation is only another miitary coup away.

How the US turns a blind eye to North Korea, a country that boasts about its nuclear arsenal and has threatened to use it - but unfortunately, North Korea doesnt have the oil resources that America needs.

How the US and the UN let the massacre of civilians in Srebrenica in Bosnia occur under their watchful eye to enable them to then launch airstrikes against the serbs.

And how the US supports a 100% rogue state being Israel, who has disregarded more UN resolutions in their time than any oter nation on earth, who has illegally built nuclear weapons, and who constantly threatens and attacks neighbouring states. Maybe the US should read the UN charter again.

And last but not least, how the US president has duped the American public into beleiving that "Islamic Terrorists" had hijaked planes and sent them into various targets on 911, to justify their agenda, an agenda which will bring America to its knee's unless the public steps in and removes him, and re-asserts the contituions, and all that America and democracy once used to stand for.

I know that there are many patriotic americans out there, and they all need to see and understand the turth and act accordingly for it is their home country that is going down the drain andpulling the rest of the western world with it.

I disagree with you on almost every point

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
i hope Iran does use a nuke now just so you people feel stupid for saying Iran is not a threat.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

A leader on the world stage is hardly going to come to a message board for a debate that should already have been readily accepted by your moronic regime, is he/she? Ahmedinejad would piss all over ATS, anyway. Make no mistake about it.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
i hope Iran does use a nuke now just so you people feel stupid for saying Iran is not a threat.

You wish for the deaths of many, many, thousands of people just to prove a point on a message board? Keep it up, man, with that logic they'll probably make you a moderator around here.

[edit on 9-9-2006 by Ziusudra]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman

be careful what you wish for...it may just happen... but never the way we want it to...

and really hoping for a nuke to go off just so that some people can feel stupid... is pretty far out there man... I think there are better ways to illustrate a point

original quote by: Ziusudra
You wish for the deaths of many, many, thousands of people just to prove a point on a message board? Keep it up, man, with that logic they'll probably make you a moderator around here.

I can garauntee that statements of indiscriminate "nuking" will not advance any aspirations of being a MOD....

[edit on 9/9/2006 by TONE23]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TONE23

I can garauntee that statements of indiscriminate "nuking" will not advance any aspirations of being a MOD....

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
since when was a healthy debate a bad thing?
I say, let em both at it and the loser has to streak through the UN wearing a diaper and a pacifier
...on second thought...

top topics

join