It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOS: Why I am finally convinced they exist and are 'Alien'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
No pictures or anything like that.

I spent July in the UK and saw a documentary all about the first landing on the Moon. It was a fascinating expose of the truth behind how touch and go the whole mission was, but the pertinent point is this: at one point Buzz Aldrin said on camera that he and Armstrong watched a UFO follow them for some time (hours). At one point they asked mission control where one of the jettisoned sections was, thinking it might be that. It wasn't.

So my thinking goes as follows:

1. There are UFOs. Aldrin and Armstrong can not be written off as unreliable witnesses.
2. UFOs are not fake propoganda created to cover up secret military projects. They were following us on one of our first trips into space. That technology was beyond us at that time.
3. The US (and other) governments know about them, and are covering them up. They have known about them for at least 30 years. Why are they covering them up?

I think the above points are now undeniable to a rational and reasonable mind. Where one takes it from here, I don't know. What do the government know? Have they contacted these 'visitors'? Some details must have leaked to the public, but the hard thing is deciding which details are true. How does one sift the truth from the lies. I think that is the next step.

[edit on 6-9-2006 by rizla]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Why they are covering them up?

Cause these so called 'flying saucers', doesnt run on fossil fuels. Do the math

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I think your right. I think when (almost) certain proof comes it will be a video/photo of a UFO seen in space. There have been many recorded conversations of astronauts who saw strange objects while on space missions.

The STS mission videos are some of the most convincing I have seen along with the Case for NASA UFOs videos.

Why they are covering them up?

Cause these so called 'flying saucers', doesnt run on fossil fuels. Do the math

If they have had contact with aliens and have discovered thier method of propulsion then I would agree that, especially with Bush in power in America, it's unlikely that he would jeopardise the livlyhoods of the oil barrons he gets his money from (supposedly
)

Another is ovoiding the mass panic brought on by people realising their beliefs are totally wrong...

Larks

[edit on 9/6/2006 by Mad Larkin]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
There are many UFO's that have been recorded in space. Search the NASA STS Shuttle footage.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mad Larkin
Another is ovoiding the mass panic brought on by people realising their beliefs are totally wrong...

I've always wondered how the religious community would respond to intelligent life outside of earth... let alone any life outside of earth. They could either realize that the bible is wrong, or claim that the bible is only about the earth, although God could have created other planets with life too, as side projects.

Atheists will never win, I am a loser for life.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by alpha_omega
I've always wondered how the religious community would respond to intelligent life outside of earth... let alone any life outside of earth. They could either realize that the bible is wrong, or claim that the bible is only about the earth, although God could have created other planets with life too, as side projects.

Atheists will never win, I am a loser for life.

Dude everyone's a loser regardless of belief, we're all going to die and that is the end of life whether one chooses to believe that or not. You seem proud of it, I'm super bloody annoyed about it!

I just hope I live long enough for someone to create the technology for me to transport my brain into a computer so I can live forever.

Back on track though, yeah they saw UFO's in space, but that's just it, an 'object'. There's no sense of perspective in space, the object they saw could've been the size of a peanut but without the aid of perspective just assumed it was far away.

I don't know where you make the jump to them being actual aliens...

[edit on 6-9-2006 by GringoStarr]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I watched the Secret NASA Videos, it's free on the net. Some of that footage was startling. It looked like 'proof' to me.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Specifically which are you referring to? The footage with space particles?

Remember what I said about perspective.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Okay, I the NASA Space tether incident, when we were told that he objects seen were particles of ice and dust, there was footage of "particles" moving BEHIND the tether which was over 200 miles from the camera on a space shuttle.

Care to explain that away, Mr Perspective?

Oh and you can see this footage in the Case for NASA vids, search for 'em on google vids.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I get a strong feeling that we were not created by some tall guy with a beard and robe. More likely to me that the "Gods" here are the Aliens.
Its like the Aliens as we know them created humans and animals and stuff in my eyes. And all the civilizations have known about them throughout time. Today its like not a big deal anymore and the general public of our era is not to know anything about it. And that it pretty much what is happening right now. If the internet didn't exist, we wouldnt know anything about Aliens and stuff like that because there wouldnt be sites like ATS for people to share info and disinfo.
I believe that the idea of the people who are in contact with the Aliens are the ones who have the access to all the advanced technology. That theory is easy for me to believe. And it is up to them to decide when to release it to the general public. I am sure that the things the general public does not know about might scare them to death if they were to know about it. There are magazines out that tell you about upcoming technology releases and such. Things that make you go "wow". What makes me go wow, is how these issues can be realesed every month with new articles about new stuff.....Ok headache now...
Sorry if my "Alien Kush Instincts" took over me for a second. I know i know, I am just one big conspiracy theory, lol.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Okay, I the NASA Space tether incident, when we were told that he objects seen were particles of ice and dust, there was footage of "particles" moving BEHIND the tether which was over 200 miles from the camera on a space shuttle.

Oh and you can see this footage in the Case for NASA vids, search for 'em on google vids.

Wow! You sound so confident, as if you've got all the facts yet you do not provide one piece of evidence or research to support your statement.

I am really quite happy for you or anyone to prove me wrong though, and I mean that genuinely.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I, even as a believer in God do believe that it is certainly possible intelligient life could exist on planets outwith earths reach. I very much doubt that their is intelligient life on any of the planets in our galaxy to me that seems OUT-OF-THE-QUESTION.

I agree with what someone said earlier about perspective on the size of some of the UFO's though explaining the video where it looks like a UFO has been shot at before it had left the picture by changing directions and zooming away in a completely different direction.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GringoStarr

Wow! You sound so confident, as if you've got all the facts yet you do not provide one piece of evidence or research to support your statement.

I am really quite happy for you or anyone to prove me wrong though, and I mean that genuinely.

I'll quite happily prove you wrong providing you have the time to watch a video by David Soroda.

If you want, fast forward to the 1:20:00/30 mark, and watch it to about 1:30:00. That should dismiss your thoery
If not...tell me why not, i'm open to your suggestions.

Case for NASA UFOs

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
yea the sts are probally one of the most powerful evidence for ufos...
there is some strange stuff in those videos...

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Perhaps if you back up your "perspective" theory with research and evidence, someone will attempt to prove you wrong. You speak of perspective in space like you have experience
. Perspective has a lot to do with the ability to focus in on an object. For example, if a peanut was floating 400 meters from the capsule, I doubt an astronaut could see it, much less mistake it for something else. And if it was close enough to focus in on, it would like like a peanut. Your theory doesn't hold water IMHO.

[edit on 9/6/2006 by Jeddyhi]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I'll quite happily prove you wrong providing you have the time to watch a video by David Soroda.

If you want, fast forward to the 1:20:00/30 mark, and watch it to about 1:30:00. That should dismiss your thoery
If not...tell me why not, i'm open to your suggestions.

Case for NASA UFOs

Cheers fella! I'll give it watch and get back to you.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeddyhi

Perhaps if you back up your "perspective" theory with research and evidence, someone will attempt to prove you wrong. You speak of perspective in space like you have experience

Well Sir I have a couple of points for you here. Number one, I don't have to back up anything as I never made a statement.

Someone put all their eggs in the 'it must be alien' basket just because they saw some footage of an object in space. My point was that as a result of a lack of perspective that object could've been of any size, not that it was. With me?

Secondly, I'm afraid I don't have experience in space. What I do have experience in is video production, so I am well aware of what a disaster a lack of perspective can have on an object, as well as forcing perspective for your own advantage.

However, I have had some heavy trips in the past that have made me travel my inner-space if that counts?

Perspective has a lot to do with the ability to focus in on an object. For example, if a peanut was floating 400 meters from the capsule, I doubt an astronaut could see it, much less mistake it for something else. And if it was close enough to focus in on, it would like like a peanut. Your theory doesn't hold water IMHO.

Choosing a peanut was an amusing and extreme example to make my point, nothing that should be taken that literally sir.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   

There's no sense of perspective in space, the object they saw could've been the size of a peanut but without the aid of perspective just assumed it was far away.

Proof?

you talk about your experience in video production, but video and stills are 2d images, so i have no doubt theres no perspective.

these astronauts had 2 eyes.... wether theyre in space or on earth, i doubt depth perception is affected?

bennie

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
There is perspective in film and photographs. It can be more easily forced though. By that i mean making one thing look bigger or smaller than something else that is the same size by, moving things closer or further away from the camera but keeping the camera level as not to betray the distance between the two objects.

en.wikipedia.org...

It was used in some shots in Lord of the Rings to make the actors playing hobbits look smaller.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Yep i don't think we are going to get the "Craft landing take me to your leader" Scenario on earth. We are going to find out through images in space, readings from probes, rock samples etc. We will gradually adjust to the revelation. It's a shame because I was really looking forward to an independence day style arrival......minus the destruction of the world of course

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join