It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory of religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Alrighty, here’s a theory I’ve been working on about religion. Okay here goes. Lets just say that what the bible and Christianity say is real. But they don’t tell the whole story. It leaves out some major parts. I think that god is not the highest being. I think that there’s some one above him. It’s like a government system. There’s god and he is the governor or the world. Now there are other governors of other worlds, different planets. Now his angels are his mayors and the people are the people. Now there leaves room for a president, some one higher than god. If this is so it would help prove and put a end to so many questions. For example, I have personally always wondered why the devil was ABLE to try and over take god. Now if my theory is right then the reason the devil was ABLE to try was because god didn’t have the power to stop him, it wasn’t in his authority. This would also explain why the devil wasn’t just killed off when he tried to overtake god. I think that this would also put an end to the theory that god knows what your going to do before you do it. Every time I think about this I get so dam@ confused, because if god could see what we are going to do before we do it, why would he even want us around, why would he have created us? Why not just put some people in heaven and be happy. If my theory is correct god wouldn’t have the power to do this, the person or thing above him would. It’s like we answer to god and he answers to the person above him. This would explain free will and the reason it seems like god doesn’t have control, because he doesn’t. It’s a work in progress, but what do you guys think.

[edit on 6-9-2006 by spaceman16]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by spaceman16
Alrighty, here’s a theory I’ve been working on about religion. Okay here goes. Lets just say that what the bible and Christianity say is real. But they don’t tell the whole story. It leaves out some major parts. I think that god is not the highest being. I think that there’s some one above him. It’s like a government system. There’s god and he is the governor or the world. Now there are other governors of other worlds, different planets. Now his angels are his mayors and the people are the people. Now there leaves room for a president, some one higher than god. If this is so it would help prove and put a end to so many questions. For example, I have personally always wondered why the devil was ABLE to try and over take god. Now if my theory is right then the reason the devil was ABLE to try was because god didn’t have the power to stop him, it wasn’t in his authority. This would also explain why the devil wasn’t just killed off when he tried to overtake god. I think that this would also put an end to the theory that god knows what your going to do before you do it. Every time I think about this I get so dam@ confused, because if god could see what we are going to do before we do it, why would he even want us around, why would he have created us? Why not just put some people in heaven and be happy. If my theory is correct god wouldn’t have the power to do this, the person or thing above him would. It’s like we answer to god and he answers to the person above him. This would explain free will and the reason it seems like god doesn’t have control, because he doesn’t. It’s a work in progress, but what do you guys think.

[edit on 6-9-2006 by spaceman16]

Well, the actual translation of what God told moses at the burning bush is "I will be what I will be", not "I am that I am". Don't believe me? Read Frank Tipler's The Physics of Immortality; he has the actual hebraic translation of the verse.

As far as your theory about there being a hierarchy of sorts, I don't really think so. Now, if you want to discuss Gnosticism and its tenants, then that's a whole other issue.

[edit on 6-9-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   
yeah that was a dumb idea.

new topics

join