ABC Docudrama: To Shift 9/11 Blame To Clinton

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Shar,

I'm with you all the way on everything you have said. Bush has protected our country and ignored the fallout and political pressure from the left wing fanatics that only care about doing whatever they need to do to get the next vote. Which sadly they think is anything but protecting our nation. Once everyone realizes that this is kill or be killed America will be a better place. You can't negotiate with terrorists, I mean come on. What do the terrorists want? They want us DEAD! Because we were born in a certain country... Because we aren't Muslims... Explain to me the logic in that.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
At the end of the day ladies and gentlemen....

There are a few things to consider, IMO.

The First thing is the timing of 911. It happened just 9 months After Bush took office. That is just enough time to get the whole PNAC thing underway for the next eight years(since anyone knows war time presidents almost always get reelected).

It also happens early enough in the Bush Administration that they can effectively do just what they are doing with this drama... shifting the blame. Not that The clinton Admin doesnt deserve their fair share of the blame in this whole this whole thing. Lets not forget that Bush Sr. and Clinton are like best buddies. Are they really so different?
You guys have been going back and forth on this one deserves more and this one deserves this... yada yada yada... distractions from the fact that they are both equally to blame because they are both either just as incompetent or complicit(take your pick). Its like two frogs jumpeing over one another on a hot skillet.. both are gonna fry its just a matter of which one goes first.

Also, My personal take on Michael Mooron is that he is a disinfo double agent. The guy comes out screeming about Haliburton and he owns stock in it for crying out loud. And we all know how honest Haliburton is dont we...

His first movie was to garner respect and "credability". F-911, was to get him inserted and get the following of one parties views...."the liberal left"... Then he gets discovered to be a "hypocrite" and his credibility, along with the dems that supported and used him as a referrence, is lost... mission accomplished.. division remains among the people over Dems and Reps. and everyone is distracted once again. Haliburton laughs all the way to the bank.

thats about my .$02

[edit on 9/12/2006 by TONE23]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
You Bush boosters are failing to acknowledge that Bush'es own terrorism chief (Richard Clarke - formerly Clinton's) was shouting at Condi, Bush and Rummy about bil Laden and terrorism from his first innaguration and they ignored him. They thought he was crazy. You also fail to acknowledge the PDB that Bush and Condi reviewd that announced that "bin Laden to strike U.S. by flying planes into buildings".

You also fail to recall that Cheney was runnning a war game no 9/11/01 in which planes were off course and flying into skyscrapers IN NYC! This is why our military didn't respond to the off course jets - because they were given STAND DOWN orders by Cheney.

Then you also conveniently fail to recall that both Bush and Condi told the 9/11 Commission that there was no way they could have anticipated jets flying into buildings. So let me ask you why you support these people? Are you with the terrorists?

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
If getting Bin Laden was SO important, and the Clinton Administration is to blame for 9/11, then why is he still loose after 5 years, under the Bush administration?

They had OBL pinned down in Tora Bora, but he escaped because there weren’t enough troops in Afghanistan. They were all on their way to Iraq. How is this any better?

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
For all those that think this is just about misrepresentations about the Clinton Administration, American Airlines is considering legal action against ABC for inaccurate espisodes in the mockudrama as well... most notible fictional scenes where Atta is flagged to be screened never happened.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Is it just me or is the whole John O'Neill story just soooo incredible that it could come straight out of a novel?

One of the key men who battled and scrapped for YEARS with bureaucratic red tape to get the word out about UBL ends up taking a job as head of security at the WTC DAYS before 911 only to perish? Beyond belief almost. You couldn't write better stuff....

You would have thought this story would be huge in the days and weeks after 911 but, very oddly, it was not.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Of course it never happened! Its a fairy tale for Republicans, that's all it is.

The proof is overwhelming that Bush & Cheney & Co. knew all about this beforehand. I dont suppose the Republicans blame him.

Its just ridiculous, imo.

OOOps i forgot the Bush's were too busy cleaning up cobwebs and beer cans from the departure of Clinton to be concerned.

[edit on 12-9-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempeThe proof is overwhelming that Bush & Cheney & Co. knew all about this beforehand. I dont suppose the Republicans blame him.

not that I think Bush et al are blame free but allow me to ask this question.

how did Bush and Cheney and Company know about all of this before hand? Was it from Clinton's weekly meetings about Al Qaeda and Bin Laden? If Bush et al were looking into a threat that clinton looked into, and clinton deemed that threat not essential, thus the kill orders were never given, then they ARE BOTH AT FAULT.

Did bush know and let it happen? Possible. I wouldn't put anything past him, not even kicking babies for sport (fun but wrong. very wrong). However, Clinton does claim that his administration took OBL and AL Qaeda so seriously that they met weekly to keep as up to date on the terror group as possible and there were, apparently, two subs off the coast awaiting orders to fire missiles at OBL. If we are spending all that money to locate the window and take this man out, why was the order from Clinton given once, with a hell of a long warning to the PAkistani gov't so that OBL could be warned?

Everyone seems to want to take a side here. Both presidents failed us. Clinton was not paying close enough attention to what he deemed a very important issue. Bush paid attention and possibly ignored it.

Unless Clinton really did believe that Bin Laden wasn't the threat he was made out to be. then the cia wasted tons of time and money and the reports that passed along to Bush would have indicated that OBL and Al Qaeda were not a huge threat and then Bush might have ignored much of the intel as Clinton apparently did.

I doubt this happened. I think Clinton was too busy worrying about his penis and the trouble it was getting him into to concern himself with a man who was mostly concerned blowing up and funding the blowing up of american interests overseas.
I think Bush didn't think we'd be hit here but he didn't concern himself because if nothing happens, that's good. If it does and we go to war, that's good too.

so please stop point the republican/democrat fingers. They have all F'd up. Some say back to Carter. I say Reagan but there is a good argument for Carter too.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
If getting Bin Laden was SO important, and the Clinton Administration is to blame for 9/11, then why is he still loose after 5 years, under the Bush administration?

They had OBL pinned down in Tora Bora, but he escaped because there weren’t enough troops in Afghanistan. They were all on their way to Iraq. How is this any better?

How do we know bin Laden isn't already dead? Do you think Al-Queda (what's left of them) would call a news conference?

If bin Laden is still alive, what a miserable existence that would be, crawling from one spider hole to another, always looking over his shoulder!

Sure I would love to see bin Ladens bullet riddled dead body! It would be another sad day for Democrats though, just like when we killed Sadamm's sons, and when we captured Sadamm himself. But at this point does bin Laden even matter? He has been rendered ineffective! Something that CLINTON couldn't do.

[edit on 12-9-2006 by RRconservative]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative But at this point does bin Laden even matter? He has been rendered ineffective! Something that CLINTON couldn't do.

If he's so ineffective, why are we still hunting him in Afghanistan? If he's so ineffective, why is he still #1 with a bullet on the The Terrorist Top 40? Bush's method of dealing with OBL is not accomplishing much more, unless you view worldwide anti-US sentiment as a good thing. Younger muslims are being easily turned into anti-american radicals thanks to our aggressive stance in the Middle East and our so called allies are steadily becoming more vocal in their dislike for our global policies.

I'm no fan of Clinton but let's not praise the current administration either. The man is pretzelly challenged.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
i forgot the Bush's were too busy cleaning up cobwebs and beer cans from the departure of Clinton to be concerned.

Actually, they were too busy fixing at least $20,000 in vandalism that the outgoing administration caused. I don't know if Clinton himself had a hand in it .. no one knows.

www.truthorfiction.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Thanks for that quote Don’treadOnMe, it seems that people tend to forget how our nation leaders love to befriend the enemy before the enemy turns against us.

Bin-Laden served his purpose during the Reagan years to keep the Soviet Union away from Arab nations.

But lets no forget also that the littler factor about his help may the only thing that is keeping him alive and safely away from the world.

While the Saudis denied Bin-laden for trying to take the feudal monarchy from power, it is also known that some of the royals were financing terrorist groups before 9/11.

Funny how the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Bin-Laden served his purpose during the Reagan years to keep the Soviet Union away from Arab nations.

Do a little reading on this and you will learn that Bin Laden wasn't much of an issue in the Afghan Soviet war and, apparently, there was a big rift between the afghans who fought and the arabs who came from outside of afghanistan to "fight." Seems the foreign mujhadeen were pretty much useless clowns. Bin Laden gained his fame there by luck and myth, not by fighting. Same as Mogadishu (black hawk down), his fighters had already fled the country when that happened. The Looming Towers gives some interesting insight into the myth that he built his organization around.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Do a little reading on this and you will learn that Bin Laden wasn't much of an issue in the Afghan Soviet war and, apparently, there was a big rift between the afghans who fought and the arabs who came from outside of afghanistan to "fight."

Perhaps you may be right, but remember that also, the bin-laden of today is gaining more myth and lore for staying away hidden from the US mighty security, the more Bin-lande stays away from the public and only on tapes he becomes more and more the myth and in the eyes of the martyrs that will fight for his cause he is becoming a man among men.

The more he becomes an Icon the harder will be to kill the cause and end terrorism.

I will tell you this . . . in my opinion he is death.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I agree Marg. I was merely pointing out that his afghan heroics are more or less untrue. I'm two thirds into The Looming Tower and learning a lot. Many of the Afghan warriors we trained and armed are on our most wanted list now for terror related issues and that cannot be ignored either. It seems to be an never ending game of friends and enemies in the middle east. We aid a nation, we arm or train a nation, fight a nation, we prop up a gov't, we set up a coup etc. We aren't wanted in the region, and when we are needed we are only appreciated for a moment and then we are despised. Bin Laden privately spoke of the great things the US did in helping the mujhadeen in afghanistan but he also thinks we should never have set foot in Saudi Arabia when the Saudi royals asked us to come protect them from Saddam and his troops as they approached their borders. Had we played Isolationist and let Saddam do his thing, we'd have seen the end of the Saudi royals, the end of the Saudi funding of Wahabbism and the end of Saudi financial aid for martyrs. Sure, Saddam would have controlled the oil but once he removed the head of the terror snake, we still could have moved in and removed him without a fight.

Armchair quarterbacking after the fact is always fun. Impossible and fun.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
How do we know bin Laden isn't already dead? Do you think Al-Queda (what's left of them) would call a news conference?

They would probably put out another tape, just like they did when Zarqawi was killed. And it shows OBL was alive back in June.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Don’t you think Al-Qaeda would make a big deal out of the death of Bin Laden? Especially if he was martyred? They would definitely call for revenge.

If bin Laden is still alive, what a miserable existence that would be, crawling from one spider hole to another, always looking over his shoulder!

Where do you think he was while planning the attacks of 9/11?

But at this point does bin Laden even matter? He has been rendered ineffective! Something that CLINTON couldn't do.

Tell that to London.

en.wikinews.org...

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Do a little reading on this and you will learn that Bin Laden wasn't much of an issue in the Afghan Soviet war and, apparently, there was a big rift between the afghans who fought and the arabs who came from outside of afghanistan to "fight." Seems the foreign mujhadeen were pretty much useless clowns. Bin Laden gained his fame there by luck and myth, not by fighting. Same as Mogadishu (black hawk down), his fighters had already fled the country when that happened. The Looming Towers gives some interesting insight into the myth that he built his organization around.

One more reason to suspect the official explanation, or should I say "Conspiracy Theory" of the Bush administration for what took place on 911.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by seattlelawOne more reason to suspect the official explanation, or should I say "Conspiracy Theory" of the Bush administration for what took place on 911.

Two responses for the above comment:

1. So Bush and Clinton were in cahoots in this as Clinton knew about Bin Laden and was meeting weekly to discuss Bin Laden and Al Qaeda. Bin Laden was giving money to various groups, including the blind Sheik that Ramzi Yousef was working with. This would mean the Bush's conspiracy theory is also Clinton's conspiracy theory. Are you suggesting that the two had been working on this for 8 years? If you are, please call it the Bush Clinton Conspiracy as there is no way it could have been done in such a short time and the fall guy was being set up for years before Bush took office.

or the answer ignoring the lunacy of the conspiracy and simply explaining that Bin Laden didn't rise prominence in the Arab world until the end of the Soviet occupation in Afghanistan, during Clinton's administration. Bin Laden was tossed from Saudi Arabia, thrown out of Sudan and basically an unwanted man when he returned to Afghanistan.

2. Bin Laden tried hard to mold his ragtag band of "warriors" but it was too little, too late. It wasn't until he was expelled from Sudan that he returned to Afghanistan and met up with Omar and The Taliban. This is when his "fame" in Afghanistan really starts to take shape as this is where he started building and training the Al Qaeda that we have come to know and love.

I put warriors in quotes because it seems that in the waning days of the Soviet occupation, the Afghan Arabs, as Bin Ladens group were known, were trying to get into the scrum and some even went out of their way to see battle but they weren't anything like the afghanistan mujhadeen that the CIA helped arm and train.

[edit on 13-9-2006 by Crakeur]

[edit on 13-9-2006 by Crakeur]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I agree Craker, if there was a 9/11 conspiracy it would have been planned by other government career types, like Cheney or Rumsfield. It was not GW’s plan, he was as surprised as the rest of us. The only conspiracy I think Bush is involved in is the planning to invade Iraq before 9/11, which was probably just as much a distraction from Al-Qaeda as Monica was.

www.cnn.com...

I think the government as a whole (from both administrations) did not take these guys serious enough and deal with them, but hindsight is 20/20. Look what happened when Clinton finally did bomb the training camps. He was accused of wagging the dog.

I think the root cause that brought on the attacks was our foreign policy in the region for the last 30+ years is as well as a continual clash of East vs. West societies.

As far as the show goes, I agree with others that this program did not tell the truth and certainly did not cover the whole story.

Just my 2 cents

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   

1. So Bush and Clinton were in cahoots in this as Clinton knew about Bin Laden and was meeting weekly to discuss Bin Laden and Al Qaeda. Bin Laden was giving money to various groups, including the blind Sheik that Ramzi Yousef was working with. This would mean the Bush's conspiracy theory is also Clinton's conspiracy theory. Are you suggesting that the two had been working on this for 8 years? If you are, please call it the Bush Clinton Conspiracy as there is no way it could have been done in such a short time and the fall guy was being set up for years before Bush took office.

I don't see the connection between Clinton knowing about bin Laden and spending time dealing with the threat he represented in his own way and the events of 911 that took place many months after he left power. The PNAC folks who were behind the invasion of Iraq specifically called for a "Pearl Harbor type event" in their manifesto for world domination. As I recall, Clinton was not a co-author to that document, nor did he advocate an invasion of Iraq at any time.

The reason the Pearl Harbor event was called for was to get the populace and Congress to rally 'round the flag so they could whip up enough fervor to begin the invasion with at least the appearance of legitimacy. This, combined with the many, many coincidences of the events of 911 have led me to conclude that this was an event conceived of in the sick minds of the neocons running the show. I do believe this was their Reichstag.

Their egos were bloated having successfully stolen two presidential elections as well as taking over Congress by dividing the country on wedge issues and distracting them from any significant domestic concerns. Frankly, if Clinton was involved he should hang with the rest of them. I just don't see the connection from your comments.

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join