It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss England - stereotyping creates terrorists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
dailymail.co.uk

Miss England ... the first Muslim to hold the title ... said that stereotyping is making mere moderate muslims turn into mass murdering terrorists.

Her quote - "Even moderate Muslims are turning to terrorism to prove themselves. They think they might as well support it because they are stereotyped anyway."

She received death threats from fundamentalist muslims for being in the pagent and was bad-mouthed by moderate muslim leaders for entering.

So she's saying that all muslims are going to turn into mass murdering terrorists because non-muslims are nervous about Islam? That doesn't sound right.

Another quote from her - "The attitude towards Muslims has got worse over the year. Also the Muslims' attitude to British people has got worse."

Wonder why? Hmmmm .. could it be the terrorist attacks and the planned mass terrorism by fundamentalist muslims that have made many people over there nervous about Islam?
Her statements are making things worse for her muslim brethren. What she basically said was that they all will eventually be murderers. That doesn't help calm people and it doesn't help educate.

Read the article here -
dailymail.co.uk

[edit on 9/6/2006 by FlyersFan]

[edit on 6-9-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
So she's saying that all muslims are going to turn into mass murdering terrorists because non-muslims are nervous about Islam? That doesn't sound right.

Flyer, she's saying that it's Britain's own racism that is creating their enemy. She's not saying that all muslims are going to bomb you, so watch out.

I suppose that her message is going to be lost on a lot of people if they mis-interpret what she's saying. It's sad really, when people can't see past their own prejudice to actually put themselves in another person's shoes.

As for justifying prejudice against muslims for the acts of a few extremists, that's complete BS. I could make the same connection by saying that my attitude towards Christians people should be worse and worse because of the Klan, or attitudes toward white people in general because of other skinhead groups.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Flyer, she's saying that it's Britain's own racism that is creating their enemy. She's not saying that all muslims are going to bomb you, so watch out.

Sure she is.

She said racism is causing even moderates to become terrorists. What do terrorists do? Blow up trains and kill everyone.

Problem is .. the more acts of terrorism the fundamentalist muslims do then the more non-muslims are going to look at all muslims like they are potential terrorists. Then those potental terrorists are going to become real terrorists - according to her - because that's what is expected of them.

Her words just confirm what some are feeling. That's not BS. What they feel may be BS .. but I can't call her words BS.

As for justifying prejudice against muslims for the acts of a few extremists, that's complete BS

I wasn't justifying anything. I was saying why it was there. The fact is that extremists keep up the terror and so non-muslims are going to look at muslims with a wary eye. It's the same thing in the Catholic church. Less than one tenth of one percent of priests were involved in the pedophilia scandle but now all Catholic parents keep a closer eye on their children and keep an eye on the priests in their parish.

You know .. I could take your statement and turn it around. This woman says that prejudice justifies and creates moderate muslims to become murdering terrorists. That's BS on her part. It becomes self fulfilling ... that's like if people you worked with all expected you to become a rapist then you'd go out and do it because it was expected of you.

If it's not in your nature, you won't do it. If it's not in the nature of most muslims to become terrorists, then they won't do it. So I disagree with what she (appears) to have said.

I understand what she was probably TRYING to say .. but her words didn't come out right. Well .. she's only 19. Give her time ..

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Another quote from her - "The attitude towards Muslims has got worse over the year. Also the Muslims' attitude to British people has got worse."

Is she referring to the British muslims?
Has their attitude towards themselves got worse?Or do they not really consider themselves British?
Even though they hold a British passport

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'll tell you why most Brits are turning against the Muslims!

1) They are terrorist extremists, whose religion to most Brits is seen as a very shady religion based on BS.

2) No muslims seem to care about 9/11 or 7/7, Spanish train bombs, Bali, shall I go on? No protests, no peace marches, nothing nada nil.

3) They live in thier own little sects of the community, hidden behind veils. Curtains closed all day. They pass you on the street, wont say hello. Half of them dont work, just sponge.

4)People like this guy who just take the pi$$, what does he care? He knows he will only get a slap on the wrist!

And the best thing is, its only gonna get worse, then what happens?

Am I racist? I dont think so. Am I anti-muslim? You bet your life I am!

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcphisto
Am I anti-muslim? You bet your life I am!

Congratulations to the Bush/Blair Mafia for Creating yet another Muslim-Hater!

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Its the first time I see the opinion of a Miss "Anywhere" so highly considered.

If she had commented on the high price of platinum or the latest advances on medicine I think it would have been ignored.

The sure way to grab an audience today is by speaking of Muslims, specially if that person speaks of them in a way that show that she/he may find that they are right.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
How can a Muslim become Miss England anyways? What qualifies her as English in any significant way? How can she be a Muslim and even run in the pagent? This makes no sense.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
How can a Muslim become Miss England anyways? What qualifies her as English in any significant way? How can she be a Muslim and even run in the pagent? This makes no sense.

If she holds a british /English passport then she may enter,I see nothing wrong with that.
In fact I find your comments quite ignorant but that is just my opinion.
I don't mean to offend you like you may have offended many others.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
She is a British citizen after all, and the struggles in Britain with the muslin population are more internal than global like in the US.

She is probably voicing the problems related to the UK only.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Why is it when a women is given a crown and told she is miss UK, miss USA, miss what ever.. they think they now hold a higher IQ and should be allowed to preach to the masses about their wrong ways?

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Rockpuck

She becomes a sort of ambasador for the coutry that she represents.

I guess you don't know the role of beauty peagents now a day, they are not about beauty alone, you know.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
3) They live in thier own little sects of the community, hidden behind veils. Curtains closed all day. They pass you on the street, wont say hello. Half of them dont work, just sponge.

Mmmmm... sounds like an awful lot of white people these days

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
White people, black people, Americans, Europeans Chinese, Arabians, Turkish.. They all have people who do that.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

Mmmmm... sounds like an awful lot of white people these days

Not sure where you're going there? White people are sponges? Have someting against white people?

Marge, no, I guess I do not know jack about the pagent world
they may think that people view them as intelects, I for one do not watch the miss USA pagent for the womens brains.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Marge, no, I guess I do not know jack about the pagent world

That is ok Rockpuck I don't watch them either.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Her statements are making things worse for her muslim brethren. What she basically said was that they all will eventually be murderers. That doesn't help calm people and it doesn't help educate.

If she is Muslim why is she not wearing the trational clothing? Shame on Her. Hmmm do you think she might have an agenda? I do

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
"Not sure where you're going there? White people are sponges? Have someting against white people?"

I don't have anything against anyone of any particular race or colour. Just making an observation that there are as many white spongers here than there are Asian.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

If she is Muslim why is she not wearing the trational clothing? Shame on Her. Hmmm do you think she might have an agenda? I do

Have you ever seen miss world or miss universe?? They only wear the traditional clothing when it's that part of the pageant. For the rest they wear either casual, bikini
, or formal dress.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Have you ever seen miss world or miss universe?? They only wear the traditional clothing when it's that part of the pageant. For the rest they wear either casual, bikini
, or formal dress.

I know.. that,s why i watch it... and she,s a cutie too

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join