It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Camera Footage?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Here's what appears to be gun camera footage of a UFO making a right angle turn.

It's not exactly like the usual footage one sees on the net, and it would seem to be date-stamped 13 July 2006.

Opinions, anyone? Or does anyone know anything about this and where it comes from? In the posting on Google Video, the poster says it's from Australia but how reliable is that?

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It's a fake (or rather, part of an "immersive artwork" project by Chris Kenworthy).

See the admission of the hoax at:
www.australianufowave.com...

REALITY: I had some spare helicopter footage (from a previous project), and thought it would make for an interesting shot. I modelled this on the famous Mexican footage, expecting that the numerous clues that were left in the clip would expose the nature of our project. To my amazement, hits at the site went through the roof, and this proved to be the most popular clip so far. Lots of people identified the location and date, and even the type of infrared camera this was 'shot' with - but nobody noticed that this isn't actually an infrared image (only an inverted one), or that the camera readouts are inaccurate. After a few weeks, some people noticed that the UFO is animated independently of the background.

In relation to the relevant "immersive artwork" project more generally, see this thread.

Kind Regards,

Isaac Koi

[edit on 6-9-2006 by IsaacKoi]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mod Edit - added 'ex' tags

[edit on 6-9-2006 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Mod Edit - added 'ex' tags

[edit on 6-9-2006 by masqua]

Oops. Sorry.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Splendid. So this can go into the proposed Gallery of Fakes, then.

Thanks, Isaac.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Yeah this recent OZ stuff that's surfaced has thrown a spanner in the works here on ATS, nothing worse....

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by October
Yeah this recent OZ stuff that's surfaced has thrown a spanner in the works here on ATS, nothing worse....

Hi October,

Provided that we learn from it, I don't think the relevant "immersive artwork" project has even "thrown a spanner in the works here on ATS".

It's given us all an opportunity to see how hoaxers can use CGI and learn more about spotting their work. This episode has considerably reinforced my interest in these issues.

All the best,

Isaac

top topics

join