It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic charities are a PR ploy to hide real intentions

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
As long as the needs are met.
Sure some people will have other motivations than others. But please belive me when I say that the good feeling you get when you do something for another, Is not the only motivation for being charitable.
Most of the people in the lodge never get to see the reactions of the recipeant. Or even hear a thank you. It's kinda like just dropping five dollars on the ground, and have fath that someone who realy needs it will be guided to it. You just drop the money and walk away. You never get that " I just did something good" feeling. Because, you dont realy know that you did any good. I mean who's to say that someone who has enough money to give themselfs a very nice lifestyle. Finds the money, and does nothing more than buy a soda and stuff the rest in their pocket, Untill they see something else to gratify themselfs with.
Try giving five dollars to someone, and tell them to do something that will help a strainger, who is in real need. And see how "warm and fuzzy" you feel.
And yes most of the charity that we do is unorginized. Because the needs are unorganized.
And to say that the shriners etc. are unorganized is ubsurde. How could an unorganized charity be able to bring in a child with 3rd degree burns on 90 percent of their body. And GIVE that child every thing possable to not only allow them to live a normal life, but include any cosmitic surgerys FOR FREE?
I am begining to believe that you are just writing things, To maintain an argument. As I have been known to say... Say what you think. But think of what you are saying.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Wait I thought it was back when many brother signed the most famous USA document....?

Assuming you mean the Declaration of Independence, only 8 of the signers are known to be Masons. 7 more are alleged, but unsubstantiated. Even if all those are true, 15 out of 56 is far from 'many brothers'.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
We've actually been controlling the federal government in secret since 1834.

the bank needed to be abolished because:

- it was unconstitutional
- it concentrated an excessive amount of the nation's financial strength into a single institution
- it exposed the government to control by "foreign interests"
- it exercised too much control over members of the Congress

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Considering the times, yes it was many. Come on now, keep searching, and find
out how many Presidents were also Masons, and which one was the last Mason to be in office.

I didn't say the majority of signers were brothers, just many. There is a difference.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Besides being offtopic, INWT, you're responding to Masonic Light's joke about us controlling the US?

If we control the US, and the capitalist system, and the banks, and the economy... then why do we need an alleged PR ploy?

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hobbes
Besides being offtopic, INWT, you're responding to Masonic Light's joke about us controlling the US?

If we control the US, and the capitalist system, and the banks, and the economy... then why do we need an alleged PR ploy?

As a smoke screen to cover your greed.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
As a smoke screen to cover your greed.

You keep claiming that we are greedy and selfish, regardless of how 'impotent' we are, or how many charitable works we perform.

All you have are theories that you can't back up. Give it up, man.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I really doubt that, seriously don't you have a better arguement, oh wait I forgot logic has nothing to do with it does it.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   

All you have are theories that you can't back up.

Thus was established the great alliance in the empire of Satan: the Masons and the Jews; the Masons with their power, controlling government and business, plotting and planning at the highest levels; the Jews with their influence, controlling the press and entertainment, insinuating their nervous, impure, infidel values into all society, and corrupting it to the core.

www.biblebelievers.org.au...

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Is that paragraph the only source of this, or do they actually have further sources and not just some illogical theory?

Honestly, what is this grudge people blindly have. Think for yourself don't blindly beleive what others have to say, especially with out further investigating the facts or non facts as they may be.

Religion in particular is not a specific requirement of the lodge, only that one beleives in a greater or higher power than themselves. I swear people have a phobia of things they know nothing about, like being afraid of the dark. It isn't the dark that scares people, it is them selves thinkning of what "could"be in the darkness when it is anything more than what is there in the daytime.

Of course you will beleive what you want, no matter what others tell you, right. Because you just know, and you know what exactly? That the Masons are some how more powerful than the BANKERS who control COUNTRIES because of debt that is created by National loans...but the oh so much more powerful Masons need to raise money via charity because....they have nothing better to do?! WTF over?

Seriously now, come on.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Is that paragraph the only source of this, or do they actually have further sources and not just some illogical theory?

Good god, do you seriously expect me to burn down Rome in only one day?

All I get from you masons is, 'where's your evidence'.

'Gotta have evidence.'

Be patient, the Reichstag will burn, with or without evidence.

[edit on 9-9-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Point of order: the site you just quoted, In nothing we trust:

... biblebelievers.org.au

That wouldn't be a Christian organization, would it?

I'd hate to see someone point out posts where you used Christianity as a weapon.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Point of order: the site you just quoted, In nothing we trust:

... biblebelievers.org.au

That wouldn't be a Christian organization, would it?

I'd hate to see someone point out posts where you used Christianity as a weapon.

It wouldn't really bother me at all hobbes, if you wanted to bash christains . I'm not too crazy about christians either.

In the grand scheme of things I consider myself to be a free agent.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I have a question concerning Masonic charity work. Is the collection and dissemination done by individual lodges or is the money collected by lodges and then sent to Grand Lodge for distribution?

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   
The lodge that originates the charity is who decides, however the grand lodge can do state wide charity I am unsure on the details.
For the most part though it is local.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   

The lodge that originates the charity is who decides, however the grand lodge can do state wide charity I am unsure on the details.
For the most part though it is local.

Sounds very disorganized if you ask me.

Throw a handful of mud at the wall and see what sticks.

You know for a bunch of guys who control the free world, you all don't seem very good at diseminating charitable offerings in any kind of organized fashion.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Not too mention we can't decide on chicken or tuna to eat after meetings, so....
The charity is largely based on the lodge who started it, most lodges raise funds for all sorts of things. For others the majority of the time, and when required for the bills of the lodge building itself.

So it very much depends on who originated it.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Thanks for the info Advisor.

Insofar as the anonymity is concerned, does this only apply to the profane? Do those within a certain lodge know who does or does not donate?

Are these donations tax deductable?

Is it compulsory for all Brethren within a Lodge to donate to each and every cause?

I am interested in how a Grand Lodge gathers up the cash, is it banked or maybe mailed off?

Is there a paper trail for such donations?

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   
No problem, as for who knows what. It is no secret really, and there is no obligation to donate, let alone to every cause. No not tax deductable that I know of, I may be wrong on that but doubt it.
The grand lodges get their money from all the lodges under them. Each state has it's own grand lodge, so all overt or non clandestine lodge members pay a dues once a year which goes towards the grand lodge.

As for the paper trial, yes every thing is recorded within the lodges, not just money has a paper trail.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Thanks again. The reason I am curious about this is because of a statement made by T. Dan Smith, a PR man and comrade of corrupt architect John Poulson. Poulson was a Mason involved in some shady dealings within his lodge in Wandsworth, U.K. in the '60's. Smith states that he was not a Mason but had become familiar with the grips and used this for his own ends (A cowan?)

Link to Wikipedia

In Smith's own words:

"People have always assumed that I am a Mason, so gradually I found the way they shook hands and the way they made the next move - and because I virtually detested them (for no reason other than that I hate that kind of organization) I always used to give them the handshake back. Still do. I met a journalist last week from the Daily Mirror. He gave me a Freemasonic handshake and I gave him one, and he said, "As you're on the Square, why didn't you pass the money to Ted Short that way?

I said, "Well, how do you do it that way?"

He said, "Very simply. You just pass it through the organization."

Is it possible for corrupt individuals within the Craft to abuse the channelling of funds for their own purposes?

[edit on 9-9-2006 by Beelzebubba]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join