It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic charities are a PR ploy to hide real intentions

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
In another thread In Nothing We Trust posted the following:

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Originally posted by IMMORTAL

Originally posted by FreeMason
A list of Masonic charities.
www.srmason-sj.org...
Hope this clears up any confusion if anyone thinks we're taking an unfair cut of money donated to charities to "rule the world" or anything like that

Sincerely,
no signature
This is how they operate on the lower levels to fool the people. Putting cash into charities allows them to take large tax breaks.

The so-called Blue Degrees have no idea what goes on in the upper levels of the pyramid.

Masonic interests use charities as a public relations ploy to hide thier real intentions.

My question is... what indications are there to make people think this way (other than logical reasoning based on the inherent 'Evil' of the organization)?

Its very easy to post claims but some form of backup is required. Where is it?

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   
You won't get an answer, as it will be said that you are 'blatantly attacking' the theorists.

There is little interest in denying ignorance here. Only in perpetuating it.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 03:15 AM
link   
You are preaching to the choir here. I believe for the most part people on this board will agree that masonic charities are sincere in the purpose. As you implied, there is no evidence to believe otherwise.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman
In another thread In Nothing We Trust posted the following:

Masonic interests use charities as a public relations ploy to hide thier real intentions.

My question is... what indications are there to make people think this way (other than logical reasoning based on the inherent 'Evil' of the organization)?

Its very easy to post claims but some form of backup is required. Where is it?

Matthew 6:2
"So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Exactly to the above poster. Which is why most likely you'll never hear about my Lodge's contributions or other Lodges and etc.

Unlike the Democrats (best analog) who love to trumpet what crap they doll out to their seething masses.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stratrf_Rus

Unlike the Democrats (best analog) who love to trumpet what crap they doll out to their seething masses.

As I've always said, the only thing worse than the Democrats are the Republicans.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   

"So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full.

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. - Matthew 5:16

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. - Matthew 5:16

So the masons are just a good christian organization huh?

Why do the masons have secrets if you are now shining a light on the matter?

Since the masons are a faith based organization, you should be eligable for a government grant from Bush's faith based intititive for faith based organizations to partner up with the federal government.

Why aren't all christian churches designed like solomons temple?

Oh wait a minute you guys only believe the old testement, just like the jews.

[edit on 7-9-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
What secrets do masons have in the modern age? They no longer conceal their ranks as they did when being a mason could get you killed. Their rituals, passwords, grips and other signs of recognition are all available to the public if the public took the time to look for them, even the royal arch cypher is easily obtained if you care to look for it.. so i ask, what secrets are they hiding?

Oh wait wait, this is where you say they are hiding their secret plans to dominate mankind.. or that they hide that they are devil worshipers or pedophiles or any one of the other accusations that no one here has been able to produce reasonable proof of

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becon of Light
Oh wait wait, this is where you say they are hiding their secret plans to dominate mankind..

What I do believe is that the masons are attempting to re-create the conditions that existed just before Jesus existed. By re-creating the temple I think that you are trying to put the statistical odds in your favor that brought Jesus into existance the first time. If you can recreate Jesus a second time then you'll have you're grand new kingdom.

[edit on 7-9-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   

What I do believe is that the masons are attempting to re-create the conditions that existed just before Jesus existed. By re-creating the temple I think that you are trying to put the statistical odds in your favor that brought Jesus into existance the first time. If you can recreate Jesus a second time then you'll have you're grand new kingdom.

Where on earth did you get such an idea? I'd be fascinated to see your thought processes on this one!

Suffice it to say freemasony is not doing this. Neither to the best of my knowledge are any freemasons.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
this is really a crazy argument to put on the table. anybody can participate in charities and be the most horrible fellow on the other side. indeed this is a VERY good manner to get the public eye in the good way.

you will notice that more and more philanthropist suddenly appear. oups...this is funny to realise that the Rockerfeller and the Rothchilds are some of the most important philanthropists ever...apparently they did not do Only charities...LOL

you can be walmart...and pay your employees a dime...LOL

this is DEFINITELY not a good slope to go.

long live Octagon...the forbiden pythagore theorem

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   

So the masons are just a good christian organization huh?

Who ever said the Masons are a Christian organization?

Why do the masons have secrets if you are now shining a light on the matter?

The Masons have always shown the light. That's the why the masons have always been referred to as "Sons of Light".

Since the masons are a faith based organization, you should be eligable for a government grant from Bush's faith based intititive for faith based organizations to partner up with the federal government.

Already have. We've actually been controlling the federal government in secret since 1834.

Why aren't all christian churches designed like solomons temple?

Who knows? Or, even better, who cares?

Oh wait a minute you guys only believe the old testement, just like the jews.

Personally I don't believe in any of that stuff, but I'd prefer the company of Albert Einstein over Jimmy Swaggart any day.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rougevif
this is really a crazy argument to put on the table. anybody can participate in charities and be the most horrible fellow on the other side.

You're right... charitable work alone does not prove a man to be honorable or good. No argument there.

BUT, the question asked was 'why do folks think our charitable work is just a front'.

In response, he's gotten a bible quote stating that we should not 'trumpet our deeds'. An accusation about us having secrets and being pseudo-Christian. And an accusation that we are trying to 'recreate Jesus'.

C'mon, folks... stay on target. Is there any real reason to think the Masonic charity is a front?

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hobbes
Is there any real reason to think the Masonic charity is a front?

The goal of every mason is to be a better human being and the law is to do as you will, yes?

Sounds pretty damn self serving to me. I wonder how all those poor folks who are worthless scum and under the bondage of the legalistic law, feel about you free people who think that you are just better than everyone else.

All human beings are selfish. Anything that you do give away is for selfish reasons only.

Would you not spend a few dimes to stave off any unwanted jealosy and animosity from the wretched, just to divert those negative feelings away from yourselves before those negative feelings rise to a boil?

Of course you would. It's public relations.

Not enough to really make any kind of impact, mind you, just enough to keep the dogs at bay.

[edit on 9-9-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   

The goal of every mason is to be a better human being and the law is to do as you will, yes?

No.

The goal of masonry is to take good men and make them wiser, better, and consequently happier. And for most masons, their goal would be to become a better human being.

But... as far as the second part, about the law... I've never heard anything like that in masonry. I think you are confusing us with Thelema, and the whole 'do what thou wilt' deal. I'm not that knowledgable on Thelema, but it's come up a number of times... I'm sure you can find it.

Sounds pretty damn self serving to me.

Barring your misconception about the law thing...

Wanting to become a better human being is self-serving? What exactly do you consider 'becoming a better human being'?

To us, it means becoming wiser, more temperate, more charitable, more industrious. All good things for both the mason, his neighbor, his country, and his god.

I wonder how all those poor folks who are worthless scum and under the bondage of the legalistic law, feel about you free people who think that you are just better than everyone else.

Wow. Where to begin?

Who exactly are 'worthless scum'? I don't know about you, but I think most human beings have some redeeming qualities and inherant worth...

'bondage of the legalistic law'? Erm... what is that supposed to mean? Do you mean 'people that have to obay the law'?

Us 'free people who think that you are just better than everyone else'? Sorry, dude. We, as a group, don't think we are better than everyone else.

All human beings are selfish. Anything that you do give away is for selfish reasons only.

Sorry, but that's the stupidist and most cynical thing I've ever heard. I truly feel for you, that you do not understand the idea of true charity.

Some humans genuinely like to better our fellow man, and find that to be its own reward.

If we desired PR, why would we ever give anonymous donations?

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I normaly dont post here,because the people here who speak for masonry are very compitant and I usually find that I dont need to.
Its just that this time I feel that I must "stand up".
First of all, most of the people that I know have no idea that I am a mason.
And I make no effort to let them know. Not because I am trying to hide anything. I find that it helps with me charity work.
As we go through life we constantly meet people who are either "down on there luck", or having hard times for what ever reason.
I know that when I go to the lodge and tell the members of someones needs, That the brothers will ALL PITCH IN, to help with their situation.
We have paid peoples electric bill, without them ever knowing what happined. All they know is that their power wasen't shut off, and the next statement says it was paid.
When a neighbor of a members child had her bicycle was stolen, another one was on the porch THE NEXT DAY. With a bow and a tag with her name on it. That family has no idea who gave that bicycle to her. These are just two things, I have said nothing about the food, and toy drives held every holiday season. Or the masonic reasearch hospital, or the grottos free eye glasses programs. And who could forget the shriners burn center. All of these things are given by masons. To people who need them. Weither they are masons or not. And you know what? I have never seen anyone ask any of those recepiants for ANYTHING. And as I stated earler most are given anonimasly. So its not so that people will think better of us.

It makes me sad to see that you think all people are selfish, Because if you were a truly compassionate, caring, and charitable person. Then you would know that if you are that way there must be others.
If you really want to find out if masons are selfish, or just do things to better there appearance, So that they can "take over the world" (so to speak), Then I suggest that you go to a lodge and find out for yourself. I gaurentee you will be welcomed. And if you still think these things, then join and rule the world with them. The masons will welcome you,and your family.And have something for everyone.
Besides; If the masonic orgination wanted to take over the world.....They would have done it long before now.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by only onus
We have paid peoples electric bill, without them ever knowing what happined. All they know is that their power wasen't shut off, and the next statement says it was paid.
When a neighbor of a members child had her bicycle was stolen, another one was on the porch THE NEXT DAY. With a bow and a tag with her name on it. That family has no idea who gave that bicycle to her. These are just two things, I have said nothing about the food, and toy drives held every holiday season. Or the masonic reasearch hospital, or the grottos free eye glasses programs.

Unorganized feel good stuff.

Redundant, no lasting added value.

And who could forget the shriners burn center.

An excersie designed to engineer compassion in the heart of the giver.

A feel good finger in the dike.

[edit on 9-9-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Already have. We've actually been controlling the federal government in secret since 1834.

Wait I thought it was back when many brother signed the most famous USA document....?

Or did I miss some thing, and G Washington was a bad bad man...Mason that he was along with those others who signed the document.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Unorganized feel good stuff.

So? Are you saying it needs to be organized, with neatly printed diagrams and PowerPoint presentations to be of value? Rubbish...

Redundant, no lasting added value.

What is redundant about it? I think you may have a different word in mind...

'No lasting added value'? Dude, seriously... what is with you? You claim that we do only selfish things, and a brother gives you a few selfless acts, and you claim 'no lasting added value'?

Shouldn't the givers decide where their money goes, and what results are 'of value' to them? To the previous fellow, perhaps the happiness of an innocent-victim child was worth it.

An excersie designed to engineer compassion in the heart of the giver.

Uh, would not the compassion already exist in the heart, before they give? And then the money would flow through the project, executing whatever the 'design' is?

A feel good finger in the dike.

Okay, then... so your story has changed from 'masons are trying to distract us with their charitable works', to 'mason's charitable works are ineffective'.

So what charitable works WOULD be significant, in your eyes?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join