It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huh, Imagine this! Dems throwing an election!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   
You people and your "dems are the safeguarders of America" talk. What a load of Bullsh!t.

www.philly.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
You people and your "dems are the safeguarders of America" talk. What a load of Bullsh!t.

www.philly.com...

Bwahahahaha
looks like the mark of cain is not politically dependant...

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   

looks like the mark of cain is not politically dependant...

LMAO!!! I can just hear the foundation of a certain members' house of crazed rhetoric crumbling...

Bu..But... When the dem punched the guy in the face, umm, he deserved it cause.. umm, he's a racist, coldhearted Republican!

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hmm, not ONE democrat running to the defense of their compatriots? That sure tells me something.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   
How do you defend an obvious incorrect action? I think what you want is a fight, just wait, I'm sure you will be obliged soon enough. But this Democrat does not defend the indefensible.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
A fight? No, not at all. What I am trying to do is point out the ridiculous nature of half of your fellow party-members on this board. There was a thread not too long ago about how the GOP was gearing up to intimidate voters, but look what has happened? I'm not looking for a fight, but rather trying to expose hypocrites for what they are.

[Edited on 4-11-2003 by goregrinder]

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by observer
How do you defend an obvious incorrect action? I think what you want is a fight, just wait, I'm sure you will be obliged soon enough. But this Democrat does not defend the indefensible.

Good responce.
I don't think i could defend a republican in the same position.

We should leave the physical fighting to small asian country parliments. it's so much funnier there.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
A fight? No, not at all. What I am trying to do is point out the ridiculous nature of half of your fellow party-members on this board. There was a thread not too long ago about how the GOP was gearing up to intimidate voters, but look what has happened? I'm not looking for a fight, but rather trying to expose hypocrites for what they are.

[Edited on 4-11-2003 by goregrinder]

And you honestly think this is the way to NOT start a fight? I live in the city that was the focus of the thread you speak of and have my whole life. I can say that the thread was blown out of proportion but the arguement was (and still is legit).

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   

We should leave the physical fighting to small asian country parliments. it's so much funnier there.

LMAO, except maybe in Cambodia.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fury

Good responce.
I don't think i could defend a republican in the same position.

Indeed, talk about excitable politicians.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Observer, exactly. An important point that goes BOTH WAYS. That is the point of this thread. I've accepted the fact that politicians, even the ones i may vote for, are part evil. You've probably done the same. Many have not.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I personally think they are all evil, whores who cowtow to special intrests whether that interest be the AFL/CIO or Exxon makes no difference to me. They are all filth.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by observer
I personally think they are all evil, whores who cowtow to special intrests whether that interest be the AFL/CIO or Exxon makes no difference to me. They are all filth.

Gets a standing ovation from me.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I don't see trhe problem here. This is just all unproven accusations. And, if it did happen, maybe the repugnants wouldn't get beat up so much if they would stop harassing certified voters of color by asking to see voters' identification before they entered the polls.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
I don't see trhe problem here. This is just all unproven accusations. And, if it did happen, maybe the repugnants wouldn't get beat up so much if they would stop harassing certified voters of color by asking to see voters' identification before they entered the polls.

Ahh. Thank you Colonel, you fully proved my point.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Voter's of color?

If i said that i'd get my ass beat

Everyone in my state must prove identification before voting.

what is the problem?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The problem is these repugnant thugs that hang out in front of the voting offices trying to intimidate black voters. Little did they know they would be trolling for an ass-kickin.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 02:27 PM
link   

The problem is these repugnant thugs that hang out in front of the voting offices trying to intimidate black voters. Little did they know they would be trolling for an ass-kickin.

|ong time no see, Colonel...what's with the lack of posting? your oppinions are valued, dont let any1 tell you any other

racial discrimination seems to have been successfully extended ongraph, courtesy of the gvrnmnt i daresay?
time to sort out the black population? the whole process initiated by...white people

this'll get real ugly real fast

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
goregrinder, I'll try my best to respond as logically as I can considering my current distain for my party's deviation from it's intended goals as of late. I think Observer's response was admirable in that reguardless of political offiliations, when one commits acts of this nature, I don't think an excuse should be offered nor is owed by any organization unless the individual is acting under its direction. Whether or not that is true or not isn't presented in this piece.

Like Fury stated, in my state as well a valid I.D. is required to vote as well as being in the right place during the hours the poll is open. I see no problem with that because even if a person doesn't drive, the DMV will still issue a non-operator ID when proof of birth and residency is provided. My neighbor, who was deaf, used to have one and it didn't seem to be too much trouble for a poor, deaf senior citizen who took pride in his right and duty to vote to obtain such an ID. and make it to the polls on time.

The goal that both parties should be striving to reach is for the will of the voting public to come through but I fear neither has that interest at heart and places control and power above it. I know from various dealings as a lifelong democrat that my party is guilty of this and I shamefully once backed them in the effort. I know their playbook well and I know a legit campaign isn't in the best interest and I doubt if it is in the republican circle either. See, I've grown tired of being what the Colonel is now. Defending people I don't even know based on some loyalty I'm supposed to have because right or wrong, they're our party and we back them up. I've had it with that crap from the betrayal of our current gov. who was supposed to bring prosperity but instead brought desolation and embarrassment with his extra-marital affairs which would have been bad enough if he hadn't used his power to hurt her once she broke it off and cost the state about 40 million in law suits.

So, yeah, I think there's cheating going on and I think there is a definet need for challengers from all parties to be present but thats just me. Hell, I also think you should have a tax or retirment form to vote to show that you've contributed to the system. I think the people who pay the bills and have in the past should make the decisions not those who choose to leach on it.

I hate politics. Don't you all ever get tired of defending obvioulsy guilty people you don't even know who wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   
What is a doctor from Vegas doing poking around in an election in Phili??? I have some relatives and a number of good friends in Phili and I would not get between any of them and a polling place. The folks in Phily take voting very seriously and they do not take kindly (no kidding eh?!! LOL) to outsiders messing with their right to vote!!!

Messing around in Phili politics when you ain't from Phili is not a smart move. I would equate it to trying to take a crackpipe awat from the crackhead when he ain't done yet... you will have a fight on your hands!!!

That Vegas doc better just get his scrawny butt back to the desert, where the mob tells you how to vote, a much simpler method he is apparently more acustomed to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join