It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced Development Companies!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I'd like to make a list of Advanced Development divisions of known areospace companies. Maybe we can look into the activites of these divisions and how they link to Classified projects. Here are the ones I know of:

1. Lockheed Martin- Skunk Works

2. Northrop Grumman- Owl Works

3. Boeing- Phantom Works

If you can add to this list, please do. If we know who's in on the Black Projects, it's easier to find out what they are up to.

Tim

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I guess that the Owlworks being the least known of the three gives some advantages.

Skunkworks is the best known of the three and we all know their most famous aircraft, the U-2, A-12, SR-71 and F-117a. Oh and the F-22 I think.

Have the Phantom Works ever built an operational plane? The X-32 was dropped for the F-35 and the BoP was just a tech demonstrator.

What other planes have the Owlworks made except the YF-23 and B-2?

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
in this case ill go with gfad.northrop grumman is responsible for the family of the migs.there are a few info on northrop but they say most of the stuff about the plane.sorry.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by gfad
I guess that the Owlworks being the least known of the three gives some advantages.

Skunkworks is the best known of the three and we all know their most famous aircraft, the U-2, A-12, SR-71 and F-117a. Oh and the F-22 I think.

Have the Phantom Works ever built an operational plane? The X-32 was dropped for the F-35 and the BoP was just a tech demonstrator.

Don't forget the X 47,X 46, and X 45

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by phsyco
northrop grumman is responsible for the family of the migs.

Would you like to expand on this statement. If you are saying that Northrop Grumman Owl Works are responsible for the Red Hat squadron at Area 51 then you are incorrect. Thats a government project, AF i think.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by phsyco
in this case ill go with gfad.northrop grumman is responsible for the family of the migs.there are a few info on northrop but they say most of the stuff about the plane.sorry.

What are you smoking?

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
BAE Systems’ unit used to be the Advanced Technology Centre based at Warton, this has since been taken up into the new Autonomous Systems and Future Capability (Air) unit. It still does the same kind of activities though, the most secretive work is carried out at special facilities in Warton nick named “the South Side”.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   

1. Tacit Blue
2. X-47B
3. Killer Bee (A little known UAV SeeHERE)
4.RQ-8A Fire Scout

These are the Known ones that the Pentagon admitts to! There are more on the list of Black Projects, but since there very exitance is open to debate, I will leave them for another post.

Tim

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
This is a list of Owl Works Aircraft, of which the official existence is denied. Therefore it is open to debate if they are in fact real aircraft.

1. TR-3A Black Manta
2. F-24/YF-24
3. Project Spectre (what exactly this is, is still open to debate!)
4. Pumpkin Seed (no real name for this craft is known, the name comes from its reported shape)
5. Senior Citizen (a code name for an Air Force Black Project)

These are some of the roumores Black Projects going on at the Owl Works. Remember the aircraft on this list are speculated, but NOT actually confirmed to exist!

Tim

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
As an employee of Northrop I am somewhat perplexed regarding this "Owl Works" thing. Although I have never heard of it, that doesn't mean much since I have only been with the company for a few months. So I have asked around...
None of the veterans here have heard of it either.

So I got in touch with a guy in San Diego who actually works on the Fire Scout program, which you mentioned as being an "Owl Works" project.

He knows nothing of "Owl Works" and says that the Fire Scout has been developed under the umbrella of Northrop's Unmanned Special Projects, a division of Northrop Integrated Systems, located in San Diego, CA.

According to another long time Northrop employee who worked on the X-47, the UAV came out of the Advanced Systems Development Center in El Segundo, CA, this person who has been with the company for 15 yrs also has not ever heard of "owl works".

There is however an entity that houses Northrop aerospace "black projects", but "owl works" is not what it is called.

Northrop's advanced systems activities are under the umbrella of Northrop's Advanced Capabilities Development.
The entity you are looking for that houses Northrop aerospace "black" special access projects may be called "Basic". That's all, just "Basic".

[edit on 9-7-2006 by intelgurl]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I hear some another name for Northrop´s advanced development center in El Segundo, but I cant rememer yet. However what I know that almost every plane belongs to Integrated Systems.

Also Bell has its XworX advanced development facility in Arlington.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
What about Scaled Composites?
Rutans company is involved in some VERY high tech projects, any clues that they're doing some "black" business too?

(I know it's not a division, but an entire firm... but interesting anyway)

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Owl Works?

Never heard of that, I'm curious as to where anyone would have too, any links or articles on "Owl Works"?

And the F-22A was developed not under Skunk Works, but under the Marietta Division I believe.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Some of Phantom Works Known Projects...

Bird of Prey
X-45 JUCAS
X-50A Dragonfly
A160 Hummingbird
X-37 Advanced Technology Demonstrator
Pelican ULTRA
X-43A
Boeing Blended Wing Project
Missile Defense System

According to Boeing, Phantom Works is somewhat different from Skunkworks in that they design components and vehicles for commercial applications as well. So they help Boeing Commercial in their projects and even the Renault F1 team...

[edit on 7-9-2006 by carcharodon]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by northwolf
What about Scaled Composites?
Rutans company is involved in some VERY high tech projects, any clues that they're doing some "black" business too?

(I know it's not a division, but an entire firm... but interesting anyway)

When I was at Creech, Scaled had some projects going on.
Some of the most bizarre airframes I've ever seen.

Also, most of Scaled Composites' DoD projects are partnered with Northrop.

[editted to remove needless information-intelgurl]

[edit on 9-8-2006 by intelgurl]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
As an employee of Northrop I am somewhat perplexed regarding this "Owl Works" thing. Although I have never heard of it, that doesn't mean much since I have only been with the company for a few months. So I have asked around...
None of the veterans here have heard of it either.

[edit on 9-7-2006 by intelgurl]

Hmm, Intresting! I know I've seen it listed somewhere. I can't find it right now. Maybe I accidently picked up some misinformation.

However, while looking for the source, I did find this:

On August 2, 1982, Special Project 711, now officially called the F-19A Specter, made it’s official rollout from the Northrop Black Cat facility under extreme secrecy.

Here

Can you see if anyone's ever heard of the Northrop Black Cat facility?

I can be wrong! I'm just courious if there's anything to this or if it's total fiction.

Tim

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Ghost, your source is from a website about a model aircraft, it could concievably just be an interesting backstory invented by the modeller. Can anyone really trust a source that talks about the F-19?

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Ghost, your source is from a website about a model aircraft, it could concievably just be an interesting backstory invented by the modeller. Can anyone really trust a source that talks about the F-19?

The easy answer, is no!

The F-19 is a very touchy subject because absolutely no evidence about it's existence is out there except some supposed eye witness accounts.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I didnt even know there was that much evidence to support the F-19!

Its based on a hole and nothing more, just the fact that no F-19 exists. Various model companies have released an F-19 based largely on imagination and whatever aircraft was popular at the time (ie, the blackbird or stealth fighter).

In my mind its complete conjecture.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Well, a source I know and trust sais there is an aircraft that looks like the "F-19" currently flying for the US Defense Department! However, the same source also sais that it's not called the F-19, it has another designation. If insiders with security clearance say it real, I tend to believe it.

My source is here at ATS, but out of respect for the person's wishes, I will not name the individual. If the person decides on their own they wish to share their inside information, then you will find out.

Tim

top topics

<<   2 >>

join