It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toxic Spill Headed For Atlantic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
A fire at a chemical plant caused the release of Toxic chemicals into the Umia River in the North-Western Spainish region of Galicia. The spill is roughly 3/km long and is slowly moving down stream killing fish plants and other wildlife. The water supply to over 80,000 people has been effected and bans on fishing have been implented as a precaution. Authorities have been attemting to erect dams to control the spill.

news.bbc.co.uk
Officials in north-western Spain are struggling to contain a highly toxic chemical river spill heading towards the Atlantic Ocean.

The discharge into the Umia River was caused by a fire at a chemical plant in the Galicia region late last week.

The three-kilometre (1.9 mile) long spill is slowly moving down the river, killing fish and plants in its path.

The water supply to some 80,000 people has been cut off, and shell fishing areas have been closed as a precaution.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

My first reaction to this was "Wow that part of Spain has been hit hard the past few years". My second was that I hadn't even heard of this spill until today and the article states that its been over a week since the incident took place. It also reminded my of the Toxic spill that happened a while back in China that made its way into Russia then the Pacific.

I'd think this shows that even advanced countries should without a doubt take more precautions regarding hazardous chemicals especially near large bodies of water.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
It would help if they knew about Vortex Engerizers...

www.implosionresearch.com...

join