It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telephone Telepathy Evidence

page: 1

join
share:
apc

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Rupert Sheldrake, funded by Trinity College, Cambridge, has brought forth positive results concerning the commonly known notion of "Telephone Telepathy". The phenomenon where someone knows a particular person is about to call them on the telephone. As his initial study groups are admittedly small, Sheldrake has stated a desire to provide more extensive results.

news.yahoo.com
Each person in the trials was asked to give researchers names and phone numbers of four relatives or friends. These were then called at random and told to ring the subject who had to identify the caller before answering the phone.

"The hit rate was 45 percent, well above the 25 percent you would have expected," he told the annual meeting of the British Association for the Advancement of Science. "The odds against this being a chance effect are 1,000 billion to one."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I've been a long time supporter for the idea of a collective unconscious. I feel events shared among individuals tend to strengthen the implied connection, and that newly discovered theoretical physics may provide an actual sound explanation for these traits.

I think everyone has experienced what Sheldrake has been researching, only to brush it off as coincidence. Still, much remains to be seen.

apc

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I'm not very surprised with the lack of response to this article. This does seem to be a matter that the majority here would agree is plausible, if not likely. More information about these experiments can be found at Sheldrake's website:

www.sheldrake.org...

It should be noted that his experiments do seem to follow scientific rigor. Not some kook running around with crystals and cards. He has also posted several skeptical viewpoints of his experimentation.

join