It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intense T-Storm Activity in Desert SoCal Right Now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Lived here all my life and never seen it like this.

Remnants of Hurricane John hit town this afternoon. Thunder and lightning followed by monsoon rain and wind, which turned to rain and pea-size hail as the wind subsided and the storm stalled overhead. Been pouring hard for over a half hour now, for sure flash flooding to follow. Just now slacking off as I post this.

Never seen anything like it.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Did you accidentally get lost and end up in Nebraska? How's the desert responding to all that rain? Any flooding in your area?

Be safe.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I live in the UK and dnt know much about American climate in general but I think your saying you live in South california and that hurricane you say its remnants have come all that way?? is that not weird or what?? anyway take care friend.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
There has to be local flash flooding. There was just too much water coming down in too short a time for it not to cause local flooding. It is raining hard again as I type. Evening rush hour commute, too.

The craziest thing was the hail. When it started raining, the temp outside must have been at least 105 F. Within 15 min., with the cell stalled overhead, we had pea-size and larger hail coming down. Freaky.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I guess you could say thats the way nature works. also i believe tornadoes are common after flash hail storms so be careful and watch any suspicious weather activity.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Hurricane John hit Cabo San Lucas, on the tip of Baja California, Mexico, several days ago. The remnants of the storm traveled up the Gulf of California and were expected to hit the Desert Southwest this week. I guess that is what we had overhead today.

top topics

join