It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheehan vs Coulter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Sheehan or Coulter?

I've been seeing threads with one or the other. But what about a combo?

Who helps their side most?

Who hurts their side most?

This should be interesting!

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Wow, great topic! I'm not sure either one is very good for their party. I don't have very strong feelings against her, as some do, but I just am not sure who effective she is. What little I've seen of her on TV, she doesn't have any great ability to write, give speeches or inspire us much. I understand where she's coming from, that she lost her son, but beyond that, I mean how much does she really have to say? I don't see any great intellect there, in fact, sometimes I think she's just kind of ditzy.

Now, Anne Coulter, hm well where to start. Firstly, she gets her facts messed up all the time. She actually made the statement that Canada was in the Vietnam War fighting on our side! I mean, hello...I also think she presents herself as so vicious, it's off-putting. She sounds full of hate to me and it seems her entire writing is a hateful diatribe against Democrats, which IMHO, is pretty lame, since there's not much difference between the 2 parties. She is a hate-mongerer and I don't like that.

All in all, I don't think either of them are any mental giants or have much to contribute to either side. My two cents, next...

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Not a fair fight. Sheehan is mentally ill and is just a tool of those who pretend to be her friends. Coulter, while obnoxious to those on the left, is well educated and her own woman. And she's not mentally ill. She may be a pain in the butt to the left, but she's sane.

Coulter would win but it wouldn't be a fair fight.

*I assume you mean a verbal debate 'fight', right??

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Sheehan is not mentally ill. She believes her son died for a bogus war and is doing something about it.

Good for her.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I have no doubt that she's grieving because her son died, however she's definately mentally ill.

Her antics have lost her everyone and everything, including her family. Even THEY have been on TV saying that she's in serious need of help and that her new 'friends' are not getting it for her.

She couldn't handle that her son volunteered to fight for something she didn't believe in. She couldn't handle that her son gave his life for something that she didn't believe in. She is being pampered by the RADICAL left and that is something she is craving .. the attention and pampering.

She needs mental health help. For her new radical lefty 'friends' to deny that and to continue to use her to further their 'cause' only makes her situation all the more dire, and only continues to alienate the left from the radical left.

Oh .. and she's been too busy 'fighting evil' .. aka going on multiple trips to Hawaii; going overseas; visiting with celebrities; writing a book and pushing it at bookstores; etc... to be bothered to put a grave marker on her son's grave... oh the poor grieving woman.

wizbangblog.com...

and to run around making anti-Jewish statements

littlegreenfootballs.com...

and to go on her free and ILLEGAL trip to meet with foreign representatives in the middle east -

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

Sheehan family statements -

Casey Sheehan's grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins issued the following statement: "The Sheehan Family lost our beloved Casey in the Iraq war and we have been silently, respectfully grieving. We do not agree with the political motivations and publicity tactics of Cindy Sheehan. She now appears to be promoting her own personal agenda and notoriety at the expense of her son's good name and reputation. The rest of the Sheehan Family supports the troops, our country, and our president, silently, with prayer and respect."

I won't post what her husband has said since he is divorcing her and his statements would just be poo-poo'ed.

[edit on 9/6/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I don't think that either one of them are mentally ill. However, I do think that both of them look at the issues in a narrow, myopic field of view. They are all but blinded by their passions, and they are passions, not matter how irrational, and have lost the ability to form a valid, objective opinion on pertinent issues.

They are two polar opposites representing the worst charactaristics of the left and the right. The truth, and real solutions, lie somewhere inbetween.

Trusting either one of these two to propose a rational solution to anything would be silly.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
we could come up with a way better fight than that?????Ann Coulter vs Hanoi Jane.. ya that would be cool..Ann would shredddd

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Isn't getting ready to protest from a tree-house a sure sign of mental illness?

Because that is Sheehan's next great idea!

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Isn't getting ready to protest from a tree-house a sure sign of mental illness?

No, but if she did it while she was dressed as Kaiser Wilhelm II, then I'd be worried about her.

:p

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The best way to look at the Sheehan vs Coulter deal is....

When Coulter speaks, Democrats get angry!
When Sheehan speaks, Republicans laugh and want more!

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Sheenhan is a deranged far left hag who is an embarresment to Americans everywhere.
The woman should be stripped of her citizanship and forced to live in one of the godforsaken muslim hellholes she seems to like so much.

new topics

top topics

join