It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Lakes Rifle Range

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Big Lake rifle range:
Coast Guard aims to create live-ammo training zones.
Armed members of the Coast Guard, such as New York City, will be training on Lake Michigan.

The above is from the front page of my local paper "Muskegon Chronicle", dated August 30, 2006. Alongside a photo image of two CG'ers in Orange/Red jackets with M16 rifles. Would have posted it sooner however been distracted with work matters.

There are thirteen proposed ranges called "safety zones", they are spread between Chicago and Michigan City all the way into the UP, just off the coast of Escanaba. Five of which are along Wisconsin's lake shore and three out side Chicago's.

Looks to me as if the CG is prepping for soe serius activites, or need to keep the home land sec grants full, they need a budget and training. Any one else heard of this, or is the report only state wide?

I typed "all this and more out" earler, then my freaking keyboard died on me, so I bashed it to bits and then hooked up an new one. I hated that HP keyboard even though it had fancy buttons for online and music...damn that POS! It didn't want to work for no reason, so I gave it one not to.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
My HP keyboard is still going strong after two and half years, even thought it has taken a real beating with my having knocked off the volume knob and a CD drive button.

[edit on 2006/9/5 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Lol.. poor keyboard, so much abuse..

The Great Lakes will not be effected by a few boats shooting bullets.. it might kill some toxic fish but that is it.. I think they are capable of not hitting people.. though not many people swim in the lakes. They could shoot from the American side to the Canadian side.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
See this key board was almost 7 yrs old, and would work fine for awhile then just out of the blue not work, as if it came unplugged or had a faulty wire. After yrs of this BS I had enough and gavit a reason not to function properly. If it isn't going to work, and for no obvius reason, it was getting an obvious reason not to work.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
See this key board was almost 7 yrs old....

The least you could have done is to give it a decent burial.

Here's some links:

Coast Guard plans for lakes raise questions

Cease fire: Coast Guard halts shooting zones

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
See this key board was almost 7 yrs old, and would work fine for awhile then just out of the blue not work, as if it came unplugged or had a faulty wire. After yrs of this BS I had enough and gavit a reason not to function properly. If it isn't going to work, and for no obvius reason, it was getting an obvious reason not to work.

I know how you feel, I got pissed off at my PC one time and shot it with a shotgun.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I don't think the Ranges will really endanger anyone..

And I once slammed my fist on my mouse while playing Quake 3 and it shattered...

Amazed by this I found an older mouse that no longer work and tried it again, This time all I did was hurt my hand

[edit on 6-9-2006 by Toodat]

new topics

top topics

join