It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Significant New Oil Discovery in Gulf of Mexico

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heckman

All that being said, any civilization who turns its petrolum into polyester deserves to freeze to death in the dark.

WOW do you really believe that people whom use plastics deserve to freeze to death?

No just polyester.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
While this may seem to be a boon to Americans, the news of oil in the backyard will probably help ease pump prices, I'd be curious to find out more about when this was actually discovered.

Is this something that was just found, or is this a known field that has just gotten more public exposure? The timing seems very convenient, what with the election season just around the bend.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   

'Anything Goes' at Interior Department: Government Watchdog Says Ethics Lacking at Department of Interior

Earl Devaney, the inspector general of the Department of the Interior, will give a blunt assessment of the level of ethics there in testimony to be presented to a congressional subcommittee Wednesday.

"Simply stated, short of a crime, anything goes at the highest levels of the Department of the Interior," Devaney will tell the subcommittee, according to an advance copy of his prepared remarks obtained by ABC News.

...Devaney's overall indictment of the department's practices is stinging.

"Over the course of this seven-year tenure, I have observed one instance after another when the good work of my office has been dynamically disregarded by the department," he writes in his testimony. "Ethics failures on the part of senior department officials, taking the form of appearances of impropriety, favoritism and bias have been routinely dismissed with a promise 'not to do it again.'"

No freakin' accountability....ANYWHERE!!!

Yeah, keep believing the proponents' BS on this one.

:shk:

[edit on 13-9-2006 by loam]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Who knows, maybe the earthquakes in the Gulf are related to all the exploratory drilling going on. Remember Mussel Shoals and the fissure in the field that gushed oil unstoppably for weeks? That's the kind of environmental disaster we need to be guarding against here. I wouldn't trust environmental safety to the Interior Department, that's for sure. I don't even really trust the EPA anymore, or any federal regulatory agency, for that matter.

[edit on 13-9-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   
There is a 2 trillion barrel oil supply in Colorado. It is the world largest oil supply, bigger than any country's oil supply. Back in the day it was unreachable, but now with new technology it is starting to be drilled. Bush signed something in 2005 to start the process of drilling. Read up about it.

www.stansberryonline.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I'm familiar with it, its shale oil, and takes high pressure steam to release it from the rocks its trapped in. Its expensive and time consuming to get at, but as oil prices rise and supplies dwindle, the resource will become economically viable.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
I'm familiar with it, its shale oil, and takes high pressure steam to release it from the rocks its trapped in. Its expensive and time consuming to get at, but as oil prices rise and supplies dwindle, the resource will become economically viable.

I WAS time consuming and expensive to get at years ago, but with today's technology its just about the same cost and time as normal methods.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
That's a good point, the advance of technology making the extraction of the oil from the shale more feasible.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join