It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"virginia boys" do they exist???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Actually all Special Operations units are called Special Operations FORCES, that includes SEALs, 75th Ranger Regiment, USA SF, 160th SOAR, MARSOC, PJ's, Combat Controllers and all other units under USSOCOM.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by xDUECEx

Yeah I was under the impression that SEALS and PJ's (everybody who isn't a green beret) go around calling themselves Special Ops. Whereas the term "Special Forces" is only used by the Green Berets and some other army units only.

I dunno, The guys I know in Spec Ops don't like to talk about it. The random months they are home they are just trying to have a few beers with me and decompress. Usually they want to talk more about their wife and the mess their home life is, asking favors to keep an eye on their family while they're gone etc...Every now and then give me some good martial arts tips or whatnot.

You guys are the experts on this subject so I value your input regarding your responses, thanks. As for me 'm just lucky to have the opportunity every now and then to share in some good company when some of my friends are back in town.
edit on 29-8-2012 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Yea everyone under USSOCOM is special ops that stands for United States Special Operations Command. We're ALL Spec Ops, PJ's SEALs, USAFCC, MARSOC the whole lot of us would be classified as Spec Ops but we're Special Operations Forces, You got the right idea.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but look up "Seaspray", which was formed shortly before the 160th was. It also happened to be based at Ft. Eustis, VA.

From what I've been able to find out AvTEG is the current reincarnation of Seaspray. Only makes sense, since Ft. Eustis is also the Army's aviation logistics unit... and AvTEG is supposdly who you'd go to if the Army needs some Pakistani Hips or some such thing.
edit on 1-9-2012 by JJRichey because: cause

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The "Virginia Boys" is a silly nickname that I've heard once or twice. Usually this refers to folks in Special Operations Group (SOG) which is, itself, a branch of the Special Activities Division in the CIA's clandestine services wing.

Operatives who are hired for this position are usually former members of the special forces community. This does also include pilots. Primarily those from the USAF 24th Special Tactics Squadron or similar units.

One thing to note about members of the SOG, is that they never wear uniforms. Or American flags. Or anything else that could positively identify them as US citizens.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho
The "Virginia Boys" is a silly nickname that I've heard once or twice. Usually this refers to folks in Special Operations Group (SOG) which is, itself, a branch of the Special Activities Division in the CIA's clandestine services wing.

Operatives who are hired for this position are usually former members of the special forces community. This does also include pilots. Primarily those from the USAF 24th Special Tactics Squadron or similar units.

One thing to note about members of the SOG, is that they never wear uniforms. Or American flags. Or anything else that could positively identify them as US citizens.

Yep! GOOOOO SMU!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
And before anyone searches for the SOG and gets excited at some blokes in black Cammo - the Victorian Police here in Australia call their equivalent to your SWAT, the SOG

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: doc22584

I am bringing this thread forward, to add current and relevant info:

www.huffingtonpost.com...
THE GOLDEN AGE OF BLACK OPS: THERE ARE ALREADY SPEC OPS IN 105 COUNTRIES IN 2015

I support our military troops, and hope and pray they have decent leaders, and quick evac when they are injured. But this upsurge in Spec Ops since Obama's been in office, has been troubling. (The jury's still out whether the ISIL was trained by our Black Ops, in order to draw us into Syria's civil war over a "proposed" pipeline of oil thru Syria, which the Global Elitists can't wait to get their claws into.)

And, based on this discussion, how many of these burgeoning Spec Ops are off-the-record Black Ops, and just "doin' their own thing"?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker
a reply to: doc22584

I am bringing this thread forward, to add current and relevant info:

www.huffingtonpost.com...
THE GOLDEN AGE OF BLACK OPS: THERE ARE ALREADY SPEC OPS IN 105 COUNTRIES IN 2015

I support our military troops, and hope and pray they have decent leaders, and quick evac when they are injured. But this upsurge in Spec Ops since Obama's been in office, has been troubling. (The jury's still out whether the ISIL was trained by our Black Ops, in order to draw us into Syria's civil war over a "proposed" pipeline of oil thru Syria, which the Global Elitists can't wait to get their claws into.)

And, based on this discussion, how many of these burgeoning Spec Ops are off-the-record Black Ops, and just "doin' their own thing"?

I don't know but there's a rumor some of them are anti-NWO types...

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Do you mean SAD in CIA?
Special Affairs Division.
edit on 27-1-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join