It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fingerprint finger food...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
It seems schools may now be moving to fingerprint scanners to allow children to access a pre paid account and pay for lunch at school. it concerns me because it shows how these kids are giving up their privacy for convience. in a few years, these kids wont think twice about having to produce their fingerprint for getting on buses, or buying books, internet access....the list goes on and on. wont this allow the govt to implement a plan of global monitering? these kids will be so used to it they wont even put up a fight. is the govt conditioning the younger generations under the guise of technology for convience?

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It has nothing to do with the kids "giving up" anything. Most of them, if not all, are oblivious to the potential dangers and consequences... no conditioning required. Not to mention they don't have a say in the matter, one way or the other. It's the parents who should be worried about this and THEY'RE the ones who are going to be scared into buying into this stuff... I can't imagine what they'll bring out or say to try and scare the people into trusting this technology.

BTW... I don't distrust the technology itself... it's the inevitable abuse of it by the our own government that's the problem.

I actually think fingerprint scanners are pretty cool and I'm thinking of getting one on my next laptop... or maybe that's what they want me to do?

[edit on 5-9-2006 by firebat]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
They were introducing this a few years ago in Ohio and the UK. pretty damn scary, tagging and fingerprinting kids like this. Its an acceptable guise to catalouge and create a database of citizens, an easy way for them to sneak it past people.

All the more reason for parents to spend a couple minutes a nite packing a wholesome, decent homemade lunch for their kids. It will be better for their health as opposed to the crap served in schools today, and kids wont have to spend their lunch recess waiting in line for food.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
LoL a pe-paid card for school lunch?WTH is this world coming to,I feel so bad for the next generation of kids born after 2006.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   
My high school had such a program as early as 1992... the card could be used for prepaid cafeteria meal plans, or as a debit card for ala carte meals and snacks from the vending machines.

As well, those kids on welfare were setup with meal plan accounts, and didn't appear to be any different than the 'normal' kids. No embarrassment factor, I imagine.

Even better (for the parents, at least) the accounts could be set up by the parents to not be usable at the vending machines.

Worked pretty well... and I never heard of cards being stolen and abused.

new topics

top topics

join