It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam Yahiye Gadahn - American AQ double agent?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I originally put part of this post on a reply to the thread about the new tape, but I think it might deserve its own thread.

Hmmm... this guy's kind of interesting, isn't he?

How many people here know that he was born Adam Pearlman - and for those who don't believe me, I'd have thought that an FBI link ought to convince even the hardiest sceptic.

He even has his own Wikipedia entry which details his background. His father converted to Christianity, but Adam moved in with his grandfather, who was on the board of directors of the Anti-Defamation League, before converting to Islam.

I think he's a double agent. In the latest video he tips his hat to George Galloway and Robert Fisk... that, to me, is a sure sign that his handlers want to smear those guys (the first of whom handed his Congressional inquisitors their asses in a sling, the second of whom provides unbiased - netiher pro- nor anti-Islam - reporting in the middle East). It's highly unlikely that a genuine terrorist would namecheck these men.

There's also an interesting article here which goes into his background and that of Al-Qaeda quite effectively.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Found another interesting reference in a CNN transcription...

Now, "Newsweek" magazine reports Adam Gadahn was named by none other than al Qaeda operations chief, Khalid Shaikh Mohammed. In its latest issue, the magazine says Mohammed told interrogators he wanted Gadahn to join a plot to blow up fuel stations outside Baltimore. The report says Gadahn was willing to help, but would not join in any suicide operations because his wife was pregnant.

Oh dear, not much of a fanatic, is he? Guess he doesn't need those 72 virgins after all... and is it me, or has that figure gone up? Was is always 72? And WHY 72, FCOL? That's more than one a week, it's six a month. How does that work?

EDIT: Whoops, missed the link for this source.

[edit on 5-9-2006 by rich23]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
Oh dear, not much of a fanatic, is he? Guess he doesn't need those 72 virgins after all... and is it me, or has that figure gone up? Was is always 72? And WHY 72, FCOL? That's more than one a week, it's six a month. How does that work?

Just cause you are a fanatic don't mean you need martyrdom for 72 virgins. Like for Osama Bin Laden who is a fanatic, but he has yet to commit martyrdom for the supposed 72 virgins. Or for example Sheik Mohammed who planned the 9/11 and sent those hijackers to martyrdom, but he doesn't participate himself, I guess he values his life more than others don't you think?

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Ooh... more.

It seems that his dad changed his name - after Adam's birth - from Pearlman to Gadahn. Then... according to this article:

At around age 15, Adam moved out, changed his name back to Pearlman, and stayed with his grandparents in Santa Ana, presumably - among other things - to watch television and not have to shower out in the woods in the dark. What kid wouldn't? He then became so obsessed by death metal that, as he writes in "Becoming Muslim," he "didn't clean his room" for a year.

Ok, time for a little crappy pop psychology. Dad's a counter-culture musician and peacenik who rejected his Jewish roots. It's far from uncommon for kids to rebel against their parents. Adam finds in his grandfather a nice authoritarian figure who is true to his Jewish roots and is connected within the community. Kid has a flair for languages and a taste for adventure...

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Aha... Alex Jones has an interesting take on this guy. He definitely has a chequered past, there are stories of him getting into fights with the people at the mosque... anyway, here's what AJ has to say on the matter:

f Osama, al-Zarqawi, and the followers of al-Qaeda believe Jews are the essence of the Kafir (infidel) and Jewish Americans probably one step up from Israeli Jews on the loathsome meter, one has to wonder why the heck they would not only recruit this part Jewish American kid but allow him to deliver a message on the anniversary of nine eleven, supposedly the cornerstone of Islamic terrorism. Moreover, it appears Gadahn-Pearlman was trouble from the get-go, and thus an unlikely al-Qaeda candidate: after joining the Islamic Society of Orange County, at the tender age of seventeen, Gadahn-Pearlman was “expelled from the mosque after attacking an employee.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   

You have voted rich23 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Most compelling angle rich..

It would make sense to bring out a "poster boy" for homegrown terrorism and thusly giving the powers that be that much more plausability in their quest to riegn in more power for themselves. It gives credibility to their need to use massive datamining and snoopping and warrentless searches of our homes and businesses.
because this now gives a face to the possible "terrorist next door".. same damn thing the nazis did before WWII. Instilling fear and mistrust among the citizenry amidst itself.

And the kid was jewish no doubt....I wonder... his family have any connections to Israeli govt? that would be something worth looking into...me thinks.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
How many people here know that he was born Adam Pearlman - and for those who don't believe me, I'd have thought that an FBI link ought to convince even the hardiest sceptic.

One more proof that this whole Islam terror thing is manufactured by Zionists.

top topics

join