It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO or Secret Plane Over Tynemouth

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
www.americanchronicle.com...

Interesdting picture with the article but I can't tell if it is real. I also don't know how reliable the source.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
nice link. Thats one of the better UFO pictures I have ever seen.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Bigger image here

The leading and trailing edges are curved; all stealth aircraft we know about have straight edges. Not only that, but left and right "wings" seem to curve in different directions. That's characteristic of a flat, flexible, kitelike object.

Try bosting the contrast a bit (the image is looks overexposed): suddenly it looks more like a sunset, and the object looks just like a diamond-wing kite. There's even a hint of a tail.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Nice find ferretmen

and thanks for the bigger pic Rand,
Imo it is Unidentified ,and one of the best ones this year.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
It looks almost organic. Weird

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
That's a really great pic and story, ferretman2. I'm sure this will generate much interest.

from your link...

Although, no one can claim definitely what the object is a fellow UFO enthusiast and photo analyst believes the follows:

"I believe he and his friend have shot the best photo of "The Manta Stealth Aircraft" ever captured. I have attached an enhancement/enlargement of the craft. It is absolutely beautiful with a long central spine and interesting control features along the wing, extending from the fuselage (spine) at right angles," Robert Morningstar.

Rand's link has an enlargement if you click on the zoom.

fascinating stuff.

If you'd like to move this into Aircraft Projects, just U2U me, ferretman2...it would create a lot of interest there as well. It easily fits in both forums.

~~~~~
added link

[edit on 5-9-2006 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Masqua I already started an investigative thread here
thread in aircraft projects

I also recieved applause for it woo hoo

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
Masqua I already started an investigative thread here
thread in aircraft projects

I also recieved applause for it woo hoo

Had a look.

Well deserved, Kuhl, as was ferrteman2's applause for this thread...

That pic is ready for framing, it's so beautiful. I'd love that on the wall of my study.

The fact that it takes on the colours of its surroundings is simply amazing (if it is all true).

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I agree I just wish I knew what it was of.
From the aircraft project discussion it could never be a manta as stated in the news report,because the manta isn't even proven to exist so it's very unlikely it would be flying over northumberland wouldn't you agree?

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I added some contrast and edge enhancement here:

sorry about the quality but had to compress due to upload limits
could be a flying insect of some sort, blurred due to the speed, but the wing shape and body does not look like any insect ive ever seen

also from the contrast enhancement i cannot see a tail of any kind so i dont think it's a kite of any kind.

for some reason the whole photo has a sort of geniuine feel about it, from what i can tell it dosnt look photoshopped in any way.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lbennie
I added some contrast and edge enhancement here:

sorry about the quality but had to compress due to upload limits
could be a flying insect of some sort, blurred due to the speed, but the wing shape and body does not look like any insect ive ever seen

also from the contrast enhancement i cannot see a tail of any kind so i dont think it's a kite of any kind.

for some reason the whole photo has a sort of geniuine feel about it, from what i can tell it dosnt look photoshopped in any way.

Thanks for your help lbennie it is greatly appreciated,the fact it may not be photoshopped adds more intrigue?

I have to say I agree it doesb't look like any insect I've ever seen.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Thanks for the applause!

Suprised this hasn't gotten more attention in the UFO section.....

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I first saw this pic on www.coasttocoastam.com... my thought was C2C always post horrible pics...
It's really a bad picture I think, diffently unidentifieable object...no proof of it being extra-terresterial or being a Black Manta either.

Looks more like the side of a smoke ring. "I'm not saying it is a smoke ring, just looks like one."

Makes me wonder if there is any industrial areas around Northumberland... If so, then it could be from a smokestack or from a factory burn off.

Or it could be someone just starting a fire....

[edit on 6-9-2006 by XPhiles]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
That is a very impressive picture. To be honest, I have only just found out about the supposed TR-3's from that article and just done a little search on it and it does look very similar.

Although on IBennie's More contrasted picture, You can make out a sort of head shape on the object, But I highly doubt it is a living thing like a bird or insect.

Very good find, Ferretman2

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
That looks like a smoke ring from the bulldozer in the picture.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
That looks like a smoke ring from the bulldozer in the picture.

Can we get back to Ferretmans original feature in this thread I feel there is a lot more to come about this.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
My first thought when seeing this image was of the similarity in some ways to so called "rods".

In particular, the relatively well defined spine of the object and the very fuzzy and ill defined wings. Whilst many rod pictures are of much longer objects some are truncated and almost all show the wave like formation seen in the "wings" of this object.

Lots of images here

It is generally believed that the vast majority of "rod" pictures are blurred images of small insects

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles
I first saw this pic on www.coasttocoastam.com... my thought was C2C always post horrible pics...
img378.imageshack.us...

Burning Man 2005

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
The third post in this thread (by rand) had a link with the following update at the bottom of the page.

Update September 4, 2006: Received an email from Doug who offers the following: Using Occam's razor, I'd guess it was one of these:

Dated: July 30, 2001. Northrop Grumman Corporation's Integrated Systems Sector (ISS), has completed production of the X-47A Pegasus, unmanned air vehicle that will be used to demonstrate aerodynamic qualities suitable for autonomous operation from an aircraft carrier.

Doug suggests that instead of a secret project we may have a photo of the X-47A Pegasus. As always, I leave it up to the reader to decide.

This sure looks like the UFO of interest in the first post

[edit on 7/9/06 by Keyhole]

[edit on 7/9/06 by Keyhole]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   
rand, yes the Burning Man 2005
I was just using that picture as an example.....
Now that I think about it, www.coasttocoastam.com... has posted a smoke ring before on there site,
more than once..... I remember back in the artbell.com days they had some smoke ring pictures.

Ah! found both............

web.archive.org...
www.coasttocoastam.com...

For all I know, the picture in question could be a roll of smoke of some form, not necessarily a ring.

Usually a puff of smoke has a faint trail under it,like the orignal pic in this thread. Then again, it might not be smoke. It's just a bad picture to me.

old Art Bell picture.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join