It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU members Ban Israeli Flights with IDF equipment Onboard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The EU has finally taken a positive stand towards Israel. El-Al flights bearing munitions and weapons are not being granted rights to land or make stop-overs in certain EU countries. Britain, Germany and Italy are refusing landing rights to any EL-AL flights which are heavy with IDF equipment coming from the USA. Now if we can only pull the claws of Zionism from within our government perhaps we can find the same courage to do the same thing and get the message through as we did in South Africa that we will not stand for Israeli agression towards innocent people.

Source
Last update - 22:20 04/09/2006

Europe nixes landing rights for El Al planes with IDF cargo

By Zohar Blumenkrantz, Haaretz Correspondent

A number of European states are refusing to allow El Al cargo planes carrying Israel Defense Forces equipment from stopover landings in their airports.

The refusal came from states considered friendly with Israel, including Britain, Germany and Italy, according to Captain Etai Regev, the chairman of El Al's pilots' union.

Regev sent a letter of complaint on the matter to Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and to the Defense Ministry, the Finance Ministry, and the Tourism Ministry.

According to Regev, El Al flights bearing heavy loads that arrive from U.S. bases "are not given approval by European states to make stopover landings for refueling, for political reasons.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Bravo to these courageous EU states. I hope more take this stance.

Pie

[edit on 5-9-2006 by ThePieMaN]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
A rare glimmer of hope indeed,

I can just see Israel labeling these countrys Anti-semitic.

[edit on 6-9-2006 by helium3]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I'm surprised (and pleased) that the UK is among these states. Blair's just Bush's bitch so I'm amazed that somewhere in the UK gov there's someone with some guts. Israel is the 21st century version of South Africa in terms of its policies and needs a similar stand taken against it in the international arena.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by helium3

Interesting. Based on your signature, are you going to claim that you only have a problem with Zionists, or is it Jews in general?

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I'm glad to see this happening.

It's about time we started tot ell Israel to shape up.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by helium3

Interesting. Based on your signature, are you going to claim that you only have a problem with Zionists, or is it Jews in general?

I have a proplem with anyone who believes

"A pregnant non-Jew is no better than a pregnant animal." Coschen hamischpat 405

To breed hate like that in religious text NEEDS to be exposed, yet in the Anti-semitic

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   

The refusal came from states considered friendly with Israel, including Britain, Germany and Italy, according to Captain Etai Regev, the chairman of El Al's pilots' union.

I would believe this, if it actually happened. But we all know the UK will allow it to go on behind closed doors.

They really must think the Public is generally stupid.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone

I would believe this, if it actually happened. But we all know the UK will allow it to go on behind closed doors.

They really must think the Public is generally stupid.

Spencer
You would have thought the same thing about those flights coming from the USA through to GB but the people knew about it and they said something about it. Imagine all those bombs and weaponry,. You would think something like that would have been hushed up especially with the WOT going on. Someone could have attempted a hijack or even maybe sabotaged those planefulls of big huge bombs. People are finally opening their eyes I think. I do not believe that it would go through without someone saying something about it.

Pie

new topics

top topics

join