It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I may have had my 1st ghost encounter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
First, let me qualify this by stating that I am somewhat of a skeptic. I don't believe encounters with other realms are common, if they happen at all. But I am not a total non-believer.

Anyway, here is the story. I recently travelled to Ontario to visit some relatives and friends. One of my friends told me that one of the houses in the neighbourhood was supposedly haunted and that they did tours occasionally. Later that night, I went for a walk and decided to go to the house and read the plaque (it is an old house and considered a heritage site - no one lives there now).

Being a skeptic and curious, I walked up to the house and was trying to look in the windows. It was getting dark out and I couldn't see much. I was feeling a little cocky and started talking out loud, saying things like; "Where are you... I know your're in there.. Come out chicken"... Nothing happened.

I ended up going out with some friends later that night and slept over at one of their houses in their guest room. That night as I was trying to fall asleep, I felt something press up against my legs. Not really too heavy. I figured that the people who lived there had a cat that they didn't tell me about. In the morning I told my friend I didn't sleep that well because the cat was using my leg as a pillow and I didn't want to move too much and disturb it. (Having a cat of my own, I do that a lot at night - I'm sure other cat owners know what I mean). She told me that I must have been dreaming because they didn' t have a cat, or any animal in the house... but I swear that felt something against my legs. I thought I even heard it breathe.

I didn't really think about it too much at the time, just that it was odd. But the more I think about it, the more I start to get a little creeped out about it. If it was a spirit and it followed me, how do I know that it still isn't following me? Nothing out of the ordinary has happened since. My cat was acting a little strange, but that in itself is normal.

Anyway, just thought I would share that. I know it isn't anything too shocking.

[edit on 4-9-2006 by Hajduk]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Maybe it was a ghost cat?

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Prior to writing this post, had you at anytime told your friend of whom you spent the night with about going to the house by yourself?

[edit on 5-9-2006 by ImaginaryWaste]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
In many studies of ghosts that i have done the variable which has the most importance to the reactions and happenings of ghosts is the individual themselves with which these things happen.

Its very hard in the world of etheral majic or energy and information exchange to say this means this and if you do that this will happen,but let me say this.

In the chance that ghosts do exsist,perhaps our perception of them could greatly effect what happens. In one of my studies it says that you perhaps entered the area in which this certain ghost or ghosts dwell on a usual basis,it may have attatched itself to you when you asked it to sho itself to you,then had the ability to travel with you and perhaps feed off of you or feed you in the ways of energy.

When it comes to their exsistence,while many ghosts can have a personal energy signature which they can feed off of such as a favorite person place or thing, the cause of their death or reason for living when they were alive.

Many ghosts need to connect with the things that still produce energies to exsist in this realm. For instance humans eminate feelings and thoughts into the etheral realm of information and energy that everything is made of,we eat food and transfer it into energy to power our bodies in the everyday lives we live.

When we feel fear of love or whatever other humans even can feel it through sight and touch but also in feeling,im sure weve all entered a room and felt the tension or thickness in the air,the angrier or asadder the person the more we can feel it.

For many different entities,they say it is either harder or easier to feel what others are feeling,such as certain dogs(or all dogs)can feel fear or dominance in different people and will react differently depending on how you feel.

Now in some studies they say that different ghosts and spectres will survive off of different feelings depending on what their state is,if the ghost exsists in fear then they will perhaps eventually come to feed of of the fear of others.

Now this is hypothetical but perhaps when you challenged this ghost it felt your anger and therefore attatched itself to you in order to feed off of your hate and persecution ,yet when it felt not much after that it let go,there are many other hypothetical possibilities as to what could have happened in this case but i will leave it at that.

Tor.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by toraylin
In many studies of ghosts that i have done the variable which has the most importance to the reactions and happenings of ghosts is the individual themselves with which these things happen.

Its very hard in the world of etheral majic or energy and information exchange to say this means this and if you do that this will happen,but let me say this.

In the chance that ghosts do exsist,perhaps our perception of them could greatly effect what happens. In one of my studies it says that you perhaps entered the area in which this certain ghost or ghosts dwell on a usual basis,it may have attatched itself to you when you asked it to sho itself to you,then had the ability to travel with you and perhaps feed off of you or feed you in the ways of energy.

When it comes to their exsistence,while many ghosts can have a personal energy signature which they can feed off of such as a favorite person place or thing, the cause of their death or reason for living when they were alive.

Many ghosts need to connect with the things that still produce energies to exsist in this realm. For instance humans eminate feelings and thoughts into the etheral realm of information and energy that everything is made of,we eat food and transfer it into energy to power our bodies in the everyday lives we live.

When we feel fear of love or whatever other humans even can feel it through sight and touch but also in feeling,im sure weve all entered a room and felt the tension or thickness in the air,the angrier or asadder the person the more we can feel it.

For many different entities,they say it is either harder or easier to feel what others are feeling,such as certain dogs(or all dogs)can feel fear or dominance in different people and will react differently depending on how you feel.

Now in some studies they say that different ghosts and spectres will survive off of different feelings depending on what their state is,if the ghost exsists in fear then they will perhaps eventually come to feed of of the fear of others.

Now this is hypothetical but perhaps when you challenged this ghost it felt your anger and therefore attatched itself to you in order to feed off of your hate and persecution ,yet when it felt not much after that it let go,there are many other hypothetical possibilities as to what could have happened in this case but i will leave it at that.

Tor.

To sum it all up. You attract what you fear.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Or he could have just attracted something that was curious.

People get all freaked out about paranormal encounters without putting much thought into them. Yeah, the unknown is scary, but who's to say it's evil or of malicious intent?

Mythology is full of playful, curious, and friendly spirits right along with the more nasty types.

Find out the history of the house, if you can. Are their any current theories on what's going on there?

It could have been the site of a tramatic event, thus giving rise to the potential of True ghosts (trapped or reflected human spirits).
It could have been built on a natural beacon that attracts human or non-human spirits. It could be on or near a contact point that allows spirits to cross or form at that location.

If you want to take a firm interest (and I do encourage it), remember that the study of the Paranormal isn't an exact science. It's more like a phylosophy. You pick and choose what you believe and pick up on as much information as you can. Being open to your feeling on things helps a lot too. We're talking about a subject that is older than our ability to speak.

Oh! If you can, could you please post or PM me the address of the house? I'd like to check it out on Google Earth. Sometimes the shapes of things seem to be of significance.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Hehe I just had a little experience myself but I bet it was nothing. As I was having drifting off for a little catnap I sent out the message in my thoughts, 'if anyone can hear me please answer' me as I'm a skeptic and nothing ever happens to me that's paranormal. Well I felt a slight shake on my ankle a while later and then the phone rung. Strange.

Take care and peace,
- Nazgarn

new topics

top topics

join