It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grey image

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Just wondered if anyone had anymore information about this photo, have they seen it before or recognize it from a film?

It is associated with a rather unsavoury topic here at ATS lol, so I won't mention that, but to be honest, I'm not posting it in any kind of support of that particular subject, I was just interested in what people thought abouty it?

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
wow, I've been out of the loop of that subject for some time, looks brand spankin new from the casual searchers point of view. oddly frightening. But, the power of computers has come along way since, 1974, so who knows.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Whoa. Oddly erriy. May I ask what the subject it was apart of?

Its a great pict. I love the reflection the eyes have of the background behind the photographer and the wrinkles under the eyes and mouth.

Utterly amazing.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
im pretty sure there is a alien like that in a movie
cant rember which one if i do i will come back

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   
no body just the head. Black and white? No other objects in the image? Sorry, i have no faith that this is real.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
think its from the MIB movie

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   
If this is from the source I think it is, then I sadly have to agree that it isn't exactly real...

Keeping that out of mind - I'm not sure about the age of the photograph, but if it's from the 60's/70's then the field of depth doesn't look right... My oh so humble opinion.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Hmm, looks like a model, no background to compare and the eyes look hard and "Painted in" but pretty good and sharp, at least it's not blurry like some others we have seen.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by nephyx
no body just the head. Black and white? No other objects in the image? Sorry, i have no faith that this is real.

hmm , yeah right .

lests see

no body , just the head : check .

black and white : check .

no other objects in the image : check .

then i assume that by your metric , then you will have no faith in the validity of this image either

PS : sarcastic jibe -- what is your " psychic mom`s" take on it

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
ok , now i have vented some bile - my engineers perspective on the picture is that the " alien " is highly implausible on the grounds of :

the skull volume is far to large to be supported by a neck of the given lenght and girth

the head [ " bouncing " about at the end of such a slender neck ] would exert unnaceptable forces due to acceleration , inertia and gravity when it moved

also if it bent over the effect on its CoG [ center of gravity ] would be unnacceptable

just my 0.02 groats worth , YMMV

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The creators of this picture have a pretty accurate idea of what these creatures look like... but I can't say with any confidence that this particular image is authentic. If it's a model then it's a very complex one; if it's a fabricated image then again it's very technically complex. I'd be very interested to know where this picture originates from... has a concrete source ever been posted? I'm also assuming that this is related to SERPO in some way?

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a black and white picture just isnt going to cut it. So many pictures and not enough videos of actual aliens up close. Why not? WE MUST ask these questions.

You have to understand that kids all over are learning how to use photoshop. Think about how many people would love for their fake ALIEN photo to make it to the front page of the newspaper so they could brag to their friends.

Now, if someone were to present a video of a live walking talking alien then it might be worth examination!

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
As noted already

It's one image - it's in black&white - to a lesser extent there is no reference

There a thousands of budget movie props for aliens and even more countless CG models available. Looking at the wrinkles around the lower eyes and lids, this looks more liked sculpted/pre formed wrinkles.

In this day and age - is there any more images with this creature from various angles possibly interacting with anything. Or is the faux B&W treatment supposed to indicate an image snuck out from an uber secret gov agency.

One person can produce any number of alien images in a relatively short period of time. Build you own or use ones for purchase. Bottom line is that the day of One image tells it all is very suspect.

[edit on 5-9-2006 by nullster]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
IMO; The skin looks a little too smooth for a lifeform. I've never seen it before.
...well done anyway!

Take a look at Reed's image:

His photos became a sort of "urgent need to debunk". Why? For that simple reason, i assume, some reality involved.

[edit on 5-9-2006 by Amon_Ra]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Looks like something from a cheesy 60's b-movie...
Not real imo, but well-made so i think its from a film.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Yes this is related to Serpo although I'm not altogether sure exactly in what capacity, and to be fair I can't really be bothered to get into a discussion about that subject people have there differing views and thats good enough for me!

My own thoughts are that It does look very realistic and there does seem to be some sort of presence about the photo, Im not saying that this couldn't be created using a special effects model or CGI but both methods would take someone of considerable talent in my non expert opinion!

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
ok , now i have vented some bile - my engineers perspective on the picture is that the " alien " is highly implausible on the grounds of :

the skull volume is far to large to be supported by a neck of the given lenght and girth

the head [ " bouncing " about at the end of such a slender neck ] would exert unnaceptable forces due to acceleration , inertia and gravity when it moved

also if it bent over the effect on its CoG [ center of gravity ] would be unnacceptable

just my 0.02 groats worth , YMMV

While I agreed with your first post that you cannot dismiss the photo for such basic reasons, I'm afraid I have to disagree on with points above unless you have some sort of ET medical journal that your referring to, that gives an explanation of muscle/bone, structure/strength of an extraterrestrial being If indeed this is what they are made off!

As far as I'm aware there has been no concrete source for the photo

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I have found an Authentic Autopsy report and much more on this .edu website.

Website

[edit on 5-9-2006 by Amon_Ra]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
isn't that the image the VM claimed was a serpan, prior to every ufo buff posting the same picture, with the details of which movie it was made for?

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
isn't that the image the VM claimed was a serpan, prior to every ufo buff posting the same picture, with the details of which movie it was made for?

Sorry for my ignorance, what is a Serpan?

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Hi Crakeur

I was about to disagree with your statement, as I knew which picture you meant, so I went on a quick search to try and find the one you were referring too.

Strangely enough when I found the image, they are extremely simlar, although taken from slightly different angles, so your quite possibly correct!

[edit on 5-9-2006 by Whiterabbit29]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join