It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

P. Diddy's Charity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:43 AM
link   
P. Diddy is into raising money for charity these days. He recently finished participating in his 1st marathon run giving proceeds generated by his sponsors to charity.

I also hear he is abstaining from sex for one month in the name of charity. His former flame J Lo is one of the sponsors who donated around $27,000. Hehe.

I don't know much about his music. I know he has a clothing line. I never thought much of him before but he's become quite interesting.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   
for the run he did benifer stumped up $78.000

missed a zero

[Edited on 5-11-2003 by SE7EN]

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   
For the marathon run, I heard he made at least $1million dollars for charity.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 01:39 AM
link   
It's perfect PR, and Diddy is king of media manipulation. You see how his lil sweat shop scandal just faded to black. And I read on the CNN ticker that he was voted Track Star of the week--that's madness. But it's good that he gives back even if it's self serving. I thought it was more than dope that all the money he made off of "I'll B Missing U" (the Biggie tribute) went to Big's family. He still sucks though and he's the ring leader of the degradation of hiphop music and culture.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
It's perfect PR, and Diddy is king of media manipulation. You see how his lil sweat shop scandal just faded to black. And I read on the CNN ticker that he was voted Track Star of the week--that's madness. But it's good that he gives back even if it's self serving. I thought it was more than dope that all the money he made off of "I'll B Missing U" (the Biggie tribute) went to Big's family. He still sucks though and he's the ring leader of the degradation of hiphop music and culture.

Ditto. Puffy is a bigger black man wannabe than eminem.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I find it interesting that the minute you hear about his sweatchop holdings it cuts to a commercial for "Diddy Runs The City Part I, "Im trying to raise a million dollars for public schools, if I raise one million I'll match it."

For the kids, for the kids. He obviously only ran the race "for the kids" so that people wouldnt see him as an evil slaveholder keen on the exploitation of children in 3rd world countries. Every media outlet out there backed him up, even Mayor Bloomberg of NYC (big surprise, he needs some positive, people mingling publicity).

FYI, Diddy's net worth was over 230 million a few years ago. Another instance of a really rich ma-fukka gettin what he wants.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 12:05 AM
link   
It's even worse...I happened to catch a hearing on Cspan held by Sentor Durbin (sp?) about Diddy's sweatshop...the women aren't allowed to go to the bathroom without a pass-type card and they are docked. They make 35 cents an hour and work to forefill quotes that are unrealistic. The women are supposed to be meeting with Diddy to try and get a 10 cent raise.

There had to be a scandal to even get that far.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
He still sucks though and he's the ring leader of the degradation of hiphop music and culture.

Yes and no. I've had this conversation before, and while I'm rooted in the Bronx ( birthplace of Hip Hop) and will always favor BDP over 'Pop Hop', I understand that the fiscal picture of mainstream is the only avenue.
That's why Chuck D is getting reporting jobs for MTV instead of going triple platinum.
Now excuse me while I listen to this bootleg of KRS1/Mad Lion with Sly & Robbie laying down the cut!

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
BT, I respectfully disagree with you, cousin. Diddy, and rappers like him, are not true emcees. He openly admits to not being able to write rhymes. The rhymes he buys are still wack. I mean, if you gone buy rhymes you should at least cop some quality. And, I'm not saying that making money is a bad thing--I'm saying when you do it the way he does it--its bad for hiphop.

And peace to the honorable Chris Parker...the official hiphop historian.

new topics

top topics

join