It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zhaun Falun: Credibility of historical content?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I enjoy studying eastern philosophy and I came across Zhuan Falun a little while back. The author, Li Hongzhi, goes as far as to state that mankind has risen to high levels of technology 81 times, only to be returned to near extinction by some great disaster. This is "supported" by talk of a number of ancient artifacts, ranging from works of art to a two billion year old uranium powered reactors that have been discovered by scientist, although there are no sources cited within the text.

Are there any historical facts or clues within eastern myth and lore to support this?

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Bouncer
Li Hongzhi... talk(s) of a number of ancient artifacts, ranging from works of art to a two billion year old uranium powered reactors that have been discovered by scientists, although there are no sources cited within the text.

Are there any historical facts or clues within eastern myth and lore to support this?

Dangerous question. You're going to end up bombarded with quotations from the Vedas, the Mahabharata, the Ramayana and other Indian myths, all twisted out of context in order to assure you that ancient Indians (don't know about Chinese) had nuclear power, aircraft, guided missiles, spacecraft and all kinds of technological goodies.

Then there's Eric von Daniken with his ancient space gods.

Solid archaeological evidence to date for any of this: doodlesquat. Zilch.

Is Zhaun Falun the same as Falun Gong? If so, this explains a lot about the Chinese government's attitude towards them.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

Solid archaeological evidence to date for any of this: doodlesquat. Zilch.

www.mcremo.com...
www.forbiddenarcheology.com...

now now...these links to the works of Michael Cremo don't prove that ancient civilizations had nukes and crazy presidents and airplanes and computers, but there IS archaeological evidence that does require an altered view of human history.

Maybe way off topic, but only a few cents....

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I enjoy studying eastern philosophy and I came across Zhuan Falun a little while back. The author, Li Hongzhi, goes as far as to state that mankind has risen to high levels of technology 81 times, only to be returned to near extinction by some great disaster. This is "supported" by talk of a number of ancient artifacts, ranging from works of art to a two billion year old uranium powered reactors that have been discovered by scientist, although there are no sources cited within the text.

Short answer: no.

BTW, there are natural reactors (reactors formed by nature where a large concentration of uranium ore is present.) These are called Oklo reactors and were discovered in the 1970's. They're indeed 1.7 billion years old. www.ocrwm.doe.gov... However, if the author is identifying these as proof of technology, it only proves that he doesn't know geology.

Technology leaves traces... lots and lots of traces, from unbreakable things to roads to buildings and so forth. There are no such evidences around.

The "forbidden archaeology" is actually not forbidden and is fairly well known. Some of them are frauds. Some of them are "bait and switch" ploys by Cremo who discusses them and makes you think initally that he's going to tell you they're of alien origin or unusual origin... and then he explains their perfectly ordinary origin.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Falun Gong is certainly not dangerous.

Zhuan Falun is not exactly the same thing as Falun Gong. Falun Dafa is the proper name of the system, although Falun Gong is ok. Falun Gong can also refer to the specific exercises and meditation methods practiced in Falun Dafa. Zhuan Falun is the name of the book of the main teachings of Falun Dafa.

Falun Gong is very powerful , it's teachings are based on 3 fundamental principles, truthfulness, compassion, and tolerance. This makes it something very good.

To answer the OP, IMO everything in the book Zhuan Falun is true. That book will completely transform your body and mind even if you don't end up practicing in Falun Dafa. It could still help you be a better person even if you don't practice Falun Gong.

The website Pureinsight has many articles with scientific evidence of many things, including prehistoric civilizations
www.pureinsight.org...

For more information go here
www.falundafa.org...

and here
www.clearwisdom.net...

Instead of reading obviously biased christian websites, someone should go to the source itself, Zhuan Falun, and find out the truth for themselves
www.falundafa.org...

[edit on 11-6-2008 by Hollywood11]

[edit on 11-6-2008 by Hollywood11]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Zhaun Falun is the work that one must read if one wants to grasp what Falun Gong is all about and why the corrupt Communist Chinese are so afraid of Falun Dafa as a movement.

Master Li's analysis and dismissal of Zen Buddhism at the very beginning of the book is simply wonderful. His explanation of the reactors in Gabon is something that many scientists dispute, but there are a small number of scientists who do hold a minority opinion about a great many things as well as those who accept the majority opinion until as such time comes that it is proven foolish or false.

I don't practice Falun Gong/Falun Dafa but I find the book and movement extremely potent forces for reestablishing a sense of moral order as well as its reality in midst of widespread corruption and decaying of ethics and values.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

That was well said

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

He is a real joker disgracing eastern cukture, he was raised by American, bribed by American to give China turmoils.
Just like stupid Dalai Lama, a king wanna be, lust for money, and fall for American trap.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by cheebay

Well sail.

IIn short, Falun Gong and Falun Dafa are the same.
To beginners, Falun Gong is just like many other Qi Gong(s), that focus self medication. However, over the time, once they believe in Falun Dafa (Grand Law), and revere their Master (God) Li Hongzi, they become cult.

I grew up in China. I've seen similar cult organizations day in and day out, large and small, one way or the other. Only Master (God) Li Hongzi knows how to harness the power of the United States to further his agenda – Nobody is greater than him.

All the allegations posted at www.bible.ca... are valid.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
lust for money? All the courses and lectures are offered for FREE online!

You can buy it in book form, if you so choose, but I'll bet the publisher reaps most of the reward.

top topics

join