It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saint's Row: Your impressions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I have just picked up Saints Row for the Xbox360. I must say its like GTA on graphical steroids. It is still fresh for me so there is not alot of criticism yet. As I dive deeper into this game I, no doubt, will find a few things that I dont like about it.

So far though it is alot of fun but definately not for people under 18 IMO. It has alot of mature content. From hookers to drugs. its got all the makings of GTA.
So I foyu liked GTA series you should enjoy this one aswell.

Ahhh that reminds me... there is one thing I didnt like. In GTA you could pick up hookers and they would refill your health and then you could "off" them any way you saw fit and get your money back. But in this game you cant even pick up hookers(at least I havnt been able to)

There is also an online Multiplayer mode that allows up to two teams of six to compete against each other in a variety of game modes. I havnt played online mode yet but a few of my friends have said its alot of fun.

If anyone else has played this game and has comments please feel free to add them here.

Overall I give this game a 7/10 which may change as I learn more about it.

thank you for your time,
tone

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   
too cartoon like for me.

its more fun than GTA, but the police are soo laid back compared to GTA

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I agree Infinite.. the cops are really weak.

Are you playing in high def?

It does look cartoony...good, but cartoony. The details in the graphics are subtle.. but if you really look at eveything up close, it is quite detailed.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TONE23
I agree Infinite.. the cops are really weak.

Are you playing in high def?

It does look cartoony...good, but cartoony. The details in the graphics are subtle.. but if you really look at eveything up close, it is quite detailed.

yeah, im on high def..

i will admit, the detail is amazing. and when you blow up trains...that is just priceless lol its not as "serious" as GTA, but i think its more fun as i said.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Saints Row is fantastic, for a first time outing of this type of game it is amazing.

The weapon system is much much better than the GTA one, as you actually have to aim etc with this game. You can choose which weapon you want, even if it means you have to stop running/accelerating. I like the idea of the drugs giving yyou bonuses, but I don't like the way it promotes the drugs.......

My biggest let down was the lack of vehicle diversity.....you have the choice of a car or a car. Ok, you can ride trains, but that's not exactly fun now.

Fantastic game overall though, I prefer it to any GAT except maybe GTA:2

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Very fun game but just a rental IMO. Something to tide me off till GTA 4 is released. I like the physics in the game and customizing all the different cars is pretty cool aswell. Its no GTA though, does not have the same character as a GTA game.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
at first i was kinda shock
the way the character walks an all good graphics curse words and everything

weed smokin 40 bottles you name it
but what i dont like is when you bang with other gang members

say you go into there territory to start some trouble so you can raise up your respect bar

you kill 2 rival gang members then after that only one gang member comes back in a car you kill him once again one gang member comes back in car
and rinse repeat
i hate that

the only time you can ever fight alot of gang members is when that territory is blinkin on your map
you cant do hookers and the music you rip into your 360 has to play all the time
not just when your in your car
yeah my little rant i know

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by shingen
you kill 2 rival gang members then after that only one gang member comes back in a car you kill him once again one gang member comes back in car
and rinse repeat
i hate that

the only time you can ever fight alot of gang members is when that territory is blinkin on your map
you cant do hookers and the music you rip into your 360 has to play all the time
not just when your in your car
yeah my little rant i know

the first part of your critisicm ..I have not experienced myself.. so I have no comment really...

But the second part I hate that you cant do the hookers...lol.. but they did that because your health refills automatically after a few seconds.
And with the music.. I totally hear ya on that... they shouldve made a nother radios station just for our burnt tracks.

But Saints Row has been taking alot of shelf time...since I just got Test Drive Unlimited... But I am far from finished with Saints row...

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I myself don't own a 360, but I have seen this game. I do have to say that the explosions look awesome in my opinion. The thing i really like is the insurance fraud mode, where you go around trying to get into car crashes and throw yourself in front of cars to get more money from the insurance company. The ragdoll physics of the insurance fraud mode and when you run over any pedestrian are prett impressive in my opinion. I haven't seen it in high-def yet, so no comments on that. From what i've seen it looks like an entertaining game. I don't however believe that it will be as good as the next gen. GTA, just my opinion though.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a good tip:

when doing the "insurance fraud" missions.. get a police car and make sure you have a couple gang recruits. And crash head on ...really fast.. and you will eject the occupants of the cars.. using a civil service vehicle.. and you will get a massive score...

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Just interested, what's the framerate like for Saints Row? I downloaded the demo a while back and one of the thinjgs that really put me off was the stuttery framerate, particularly when you jump in a vehicle and head up the highway. It was worse than San Andreas was on the PS2, and that really staggered me as I would consider the X360 to deliver this level of detail at 60fps no sweat at all. Does the full version run much smoother?

I'm still not overly sold on it, I'm looking for something different from the GTA-type games and this one almost copied the GTA format right down to the pay-and-spray (now some kind of confession booth?) and the Ammunation. It's not really different enough for me to get too excited about it but I had a friend over who was enjoying it and he's a GTA nut.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing
Just interested, what's the framerate like for Saints Row? I downloaded the demo a while back and one of the thinjgs that really put me off was the stuttery framerate, particularly when you jump in a vehicle and head up the highway. It was worse than San Andreas was on the PS2, and that really staggered me as I would consider the X360 to deliver this level of detail at 60fps no sweat at all. Does the full version run much smoother?

I'm still not overly sold on it, I'm looking for something different from the GTA-type games and this one almost copied the GTA format right down to the pay-and-spray (now some kind of confession booth?) and the Ammunation. It's not really different enough for me to get too excited about it but I had a friend over who was enjoying it and he's a GTA nut.

Frame rate is alot better now. The patch that is coming out will give the multiplayer a well deserved "lift". Also it will enable 4x (or 2x) AA (anti-aliasing) which will make it look smoother and less jaggies. It will also give us the option to turn on V-Sync. I love the game. Basically any "sandbox type/GTA type" games that come out I buy. Definatly my favorite game I have on the 360.

top topics

join